Review Highlights
Easy peesy to get into Vancouver from the airport

The skytrain makes it so easy to get into the city from the airport - no expensive taxi required... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
FiShep
London, United Kingdom
Metropolitan Rail System

SkyTrain has 53 stations serving three lines: Expo, Millennium, and Canada Line. The name SkyTrain... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
ABiYSETiA
Vancouver, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Vancouver
from US$30.71
from US$100.06
from US$163.18
from US$86.21
7,297 results
All reviews canada line day pass yvr airport downtown vancouver above ground expo line new westminster transit system waterfront station rush hour public transportation sea bus lower mainland canada place compass surrey zones
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We ran up and down the Expo line a few times on a recent visit. Excellent, fast way to get around town and perfectly synced with feeder buses. Leave the car behind and enjoy the view.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We used the sky train to get from the airport to our hotel. Easy to use, then we got off at Canada place and then caught a bus. We bought a compass card at the train station to pay the the fare. Very easy and convenient.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank witcheshouse
Reviewed 1 May 2018

So I finally submitted to my curiosity and parked my car at Lansdowne mall and hopped onto the Skytrain from Richmond to Waterfront station!! It was exactly what it looked like in the movies!!
I found 2 empty seats side by side and sat down on the window seat, within 2 stops the train was full and I stood up to offer my seat to an older woman but she declined. I then offered it to another woman standing and she declined too! Almost as if they thought I was doing something weird. So after 3 declines I sat back down and noticed nobody talks to anybody!!! Everyone either had their earphones plugged in or looked straight ahead and there was no communication at all!
When I finally got off at waterfront everyone rushed off like they were all late for an appointment. Wow this was a different experience for sure. I feel sorry for those who have to ride that train for the next 40 years going to and from work everyday... yikes!
But I do have to say it was convenient to not have to park if your destination is close to walk to!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

If you are a visitor to Greater Vancouver think about getting a Day pass.It will give you unlimited trips from midnight to midnight on a calendar day.Skytrain,bus,seabus,includes West Vancouver, Horsehoe Bay,Vancouver, North Vancouver, Delta,Surrey, Whiterock,Burnaby,New Westminster etc.You can buy one at a skytrain station or at 7eleven stores. I live in Delta and use public transport all the time.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I reside in central BC and need to travel to meetings in Vancouver on a frequent basis . I generally fly down from either Kamloops or Kelowna . My meetings are usually in downtown Vancouver and my kids are in East Vancouver and on the North Shore . I often travel for the day , fly with carry on only and take the RAV line to the Granville station . It is a short and really inexpensive trip . I recall the days of taking cabs and costs were typically 10 x more than the RAV fare today . The rail is so popular they will have to add additional trains in a year or two .

The stations have connections to other skytrain lines that connect to as far as Surrey where my sister lives .

I totally support the system and cannot wait for the UBC extension .

Date of experience: April 2018