All reviews westwood inn front desk staff lots of parking easy access minute drive west edmonton sheriff mall
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Absolutely no security. When the room key quit working, we went to the front desk and were issued a new key card with no questions asked. This happened 2 times. Once to my son and once to myself. They should at least ask for a name and ID before giving out a new key card for a room.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Dexter L
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I have been an expedia user for years. I booked 2 dbl queen rooms at Coast West for this wknd. One for friends for one night. And one for my husband, 2 tween girls and myself with broken ankle. Two 5" pins in ankle, cant walk & little mobility on crutches. Seeing surgeon here Monday before our 5.5hr drive. Booked 3 nights. Paid for on expedia. Got here after 5.5hr drive. Sorry no room for you. Except a single king bed, every double is room. Friends checked into theirs no problem. After an hour of No! I need the dbl room I paid for!! Tell someone else they came stay but I'm not leaving cuz this is bs.
They found one. Finally.
Next day go out for brunch and try navigate mall with kids. Hotel calls to ask why I didnt check out or take luggage. Because I am paid and booked 2 more nights!! Nope sorry ma'am we dont have a room, you need to come gather up your stuff before 4pm or house keeping will remove it
I quickly round up kids, get a taxi back to hotel, entire time on hold with expedia. Hotel shows me computer booking on bdl queen room 2 nights. One King bed 1 night. Expedia app and website show confirmation of 3 nights dbl room.. Expedia says hotel screwed up. Hotel says expedia doesnt know what is available. Expedia offers me a discount at a different hotel but as I said, other couples travelling with us are here. And another has reservations for tonight. We would like to stay together. Hotel says its Expedia fault. Coast Plaza says Expedia screwed up.
Finally after I have stood at desk, tears of frustration, a nice lady waiting to check in offered her room cuz she just had toddlers and could sleep with them in a king bed. My review is on Coast West as well as Expedia as I have now learned,dont book with expedia unless you call days in advance to confirm.the manager is never here to deal with this it seems, desk attendant said maybe Monday. I will NEVER stay here again. And it is going to be escalated at Expedia as well. There is a gap in communications with this hotel and it needs mended. This was a total gongshow, that I did not need to be running back and forth to hotel to plead my case that I do indeed have a booking here. Now it has bittered my taste for this hotel and for Expedia, I dont care whos fault it is, fix it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 432allisonp
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I wasn't sure about this hotel when read some reviews but rate was great thru the Expedia ($104) and I booked room for 3 nights and never disappointed. Easy and pleasant check in, we've stayed in the tower on the 6th floor . The hotel clean and well maintained , upgraded and smells nice, very quiet, comfortable bed. Room was a good size with big flat screen tv and nice furnitures. Nice and clean bathroom . Every day our room was cleaned and towels were changed. Very close to the West Edmonton Mall (5mins), superstore and restaurants. We had breakfast at Cora ( $15/person). The hotel also have a pool and gym but we didn't had time to use it . Great location and enough parking. Defiantly will come back here while in Edmonton and would recommend to friends and family. Thank you.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I would have rated the hotel lower but the staff was good in the check-in. I am pretty sure we got stuck in the older part of the hotel. The electrical plug-ins in the room were worn out and nothing would stay in. Nothing like the pictures.

On the upside, the room was at least clean. The carpets need to be taken out they were wet previously and left them uneven.

Sorry, will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Tower
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Casey2006
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Expedia showed this hotel has cribs available, VERBAL confirmation over the phone, they said they had cribs available, we show up after a 5 hour drive and the hotel doesn’t have cribs. Not that they are all in use at the moment, but they don’t have any at all. Not a family friendly hotel unless you drag around your own crib. Staff not helpful or friendly either.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family