“Disappointing for the price and service”
Review of Blue Vinny Diner

Blue Vinny Diner
Ranked #258 of 3,769 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointing, $30 for omlete and pancakes a bit expensive and not very friendly.the food came out quickly but also we were the only people there.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to try this place out as it is located close to the Convention Centre

Where we were hosting our Trade Show

I am so glad we chose this place

Decor is cool relaxing atmosphere

Music is retro with a Jazz twist

Food is amazing

Service is friendly prompt and above and beyond

Prices are fair

We only had breakfast here but lunch menus looks cool

This place is breakfast & Lunch only

But really worth the visit

Downtown Calgary in Stephen Ave

A Breakfast Ir Lunch must

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an awesome, quick breakfast at Blue Vinny! I had the Belgium Waffle which was delicious and wonderfully presented. The atmosphere was cool a mix of retro and fresh. Hoping this small business can keep going and thrive. The owner was very personable and friendly!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had the breakfast bowl and my friend had the waffles. The bowl was what you think of when you think comfort food - savoury, warm and delicious! The waffles looked amazing too! The building is so cute and the owner very friendly! It felt like being home.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I try to avoid wheat at the least, and all grains when I can. I planned to order the one substantial meal without wheat, cabbage rolls, but then was told they were out, after we had already been seated and everyone had decided what to order. The rest of the menu is sandwiches, pasta, burgers, pizza, perogies. I ended up ordering a tossed salad, the bane of my efforts to eat healthy while eating out. For some reason, I had to specify that I wanted the entree size, with meat on it. After my plain salad arrived, I was eventually given half a chicken breast. I could have gotten a more substantial salad at Ikea. But I hate salad, in any case. Especially when it's minus 10 outside. What is it with restaurants and their apparent phobia of cooking vegetables? As for the rest of my party, they all found the portion sizes insufficient, too, and everyone (even the non-salad-eaters) left hungry. The waiter was not particularly friendly, either.