All reviews devonshire arms the pub chatsworth house dove cottage main building across the road roll top bath biscuits fish and chips wine list modern bathroom evening meal visiting chatsworth both nights log fire pudding smoked haddock
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Thus is not my first visit the Devonshire. I went with a friend for dinner, which as every was excellent. It never fails, constant high quality. Coupled with very pleasant knowledgeable and helpful staff.
I recommend the food and bar with a confidence.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Gavin W, General Manager at The Devonshire Arms at Beeley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation. I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed our offering on more than 1 occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back on many more occasions!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We didn't stay overnight as we were somewhere else, but we wanted a slightly 'better ' pub meal than usual. We certainly got that's! It was lovely, the food was great, the menu had a varied selection - I had a starter as a main so I had room for a desert! Great atmosphere,good staff. Return visit a must

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Hi Margret,

Thank you for your great review. I am really pleased you enjoyed the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit. Why not stay with us next time?

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Had a totally relaxing stay at the Devonshire Arms at Beeley to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary.
Arrived around 4pm on a glorious sunny day and were shown to our room just across the road in a lovely little cottage. We were in Primrose room which had a lovely garden view and all the expected room conveniences like tea/coffee/water/biscuits/sweets.
We also had a lovely bathroom with nice toiletries.
Our meal in the restaurant was wonderful and the food was first class. It was a busy Saturday evening but the restaurant staff were attentive and efficient and we never felt hurried.
Loved it here and hope to return again soon.
It's only a short walk across the fields to Chatsworth House from the Devonshire Arms.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Gavin W, Guest Relations Manager at The Devonshire Arms at Beeley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Happy anniversary! I trust we will be seeing you again? hopefully before next year!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We love to have a drink on the terrace at this delightful Gastro Pub, my last meal experience though had left a lot to be desired!
On Saturday early evening, enjoying sitting under the umbrella in the rain, nice and cosy due to the blankets and heaters we had the privilege of meeting the new Head Chef Ian and one of his team, from a casual Hello we enjoyed an enlightening conversation about the new menu, exciting plans and the vegetable garden! all of which was very encouraging, his approach is a breath of fresh air for the future of this Gastropub.
We enjoyed sampling a snack, the presentation was delightful and we look forward to trying the full evening menu in the near future.
We would like to wish the new team all the very best

Hi Daisy,

Thank you for your kind comments. I know Ian was pleased. I agree with you. It is exciting times ahead at the Devonshire Arms and I am confident we will see it go from strength to strength. We look forward to your comments on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We stayed overnight on our way to Whitby. Room was clean and comfortable. Our evening meal was spoiled by a tough Steak and overcooked chips, and although a small refund was given it meant I had a bad dinner that spoilt our stay.

Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room do not book one over the bar and restaurant.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for the tough steak. We do our best to source the finest local ingredients which means this is a rare occurrence. I am pleased the team took steps to try to compensate you. I am sorry you felt this was insufficient.

I do hope you chose to return as I would like to show you we can get it right.

Kind regards