“First camping trip.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Watercress Lodges

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

LouLou722...
“First camping trip.”
Reviewed 21 September 2020 for a stay in September 2020
person found this review helpful

Had a fantastic stay here, shower & toilet block all clean, tidy and well stocked up. The campsite is well looked after with bbq areas and lighting. Car parking on site. Right next door to the watercress line, great for kids. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2020
22 Sep 2020
I am so glad that you enjoyed your first camping trip with us, and thank you for leaving us such a lovely review, it is greatly appreciated.
K9163GAch...
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 10 September 2020 for a stay in September 2020

We stayed in The Winchester Lodge (dog friendly) which was lovely and spacious and has everything you need for your stay. Good facilities overall. The area has beautiful walks for you and your dogs, you can cycle for miles and the steam trains coming and going are wonderful to watch. Great local pubs and places to eat. Alresford and Cheriton are a delight.
Highly recommend. And look forward to our next stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
11 Sep 2020
Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and the local area.
Cuttlefis...
“Just ok”
Reviewed 5 September 2020 for a stay in July 2020

We stayed in one of the lodges beside the railway line, and seeing the steam trains was great. The lodge wasn’t the best. We stayed in the Itchen Abbas lodge, and unfortunately it has seen better days. Externally the lodges are long overdue a paint job, and inside, we had a real problem with the shower which leaked through the lounge ceiling. Although a handyman was sent to mastic the shower, the shower itself was a poor design, and water constantly ran out the front door when used. We putter down multiple towels to stop the flow, but it was in vain.
The holiday was somewhat tarnished by the worry of whether the ceiling was going to come down. It was obviously a historic problem, as the ceiling looked as if it had been patched multiple times.
We did ask if we could be moved, but we’re told the lodges were fully booked although the one beside us remained unoccupied for 4 days of our 5 day stay.
I’m sure if the shower was fine, our stay would have been better, but I spent a lot of time on edge, with a bucket constantly positioned on the lounge floor. Some compensation would have been good, but it wasn’t offered, and I wasn’t going to ask.
Although the campsite did try to help with the shower, it was a token effort, and I think the customer service could have been better, although I appreciate it was the height of summer, and they were fully booked.
Would I go back, I don’t think so, which is a shame, as it could be much better if a bit more pride was taken.
If you have booked a lodge, try to make sure it isn’t the Itchen Abbas Lodge.

Date of stay: July 2020
10 Sep 2020
Firstly I would like to thank you for your review, any feedback is greatly appreciated. I am so sorry that you experienced this issue with the shower, this is certainly something that we have since fixed. Regarding the external decorating, I completely agree and this is on a high priority list. I really do hope that we could welcome you back another time, perhaps in one of our other lodges.
Emma C
Woking, United Kingdom
“Not great!”
Reviewed 30 August 2020 for a stay in August 2020

Don’t stay in the tipis! Ripped door, on a woodlouse home, hired air beds that had slow punctures, tipis pitched incorrectly and no space to run about.
Not impressed glad we only booked one night

Date of stay: August 2020
9 Sep 2020
Hi Emma,
I am so sorry to see this review as we had discussed the issues via email and you were compensated for your stay.
Unfortunately the door to the tipi had been ripped with extremely high winds and I took this to be repaired as soon as it was reported. I have since changed all the air beds, as this must have been the end of their life.
Again I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience, I do hope we can welcome you back to one of our lodges or safari tents another time.
Kind regards,
Hannah
SecretSqu...
London, United Kingdom
“A bit dull”
Reviewed 28 August 2020 for a stay in August 2020

Small campsite, ok for a night or two but really not much to do, no view to ogle, not allowed to have campfires (or fire pits) and not much in the way of space to run around.

Just a bit dull - ok if you really like steam trains with their accompanying noise and smell of oil.

On another note, the toilet/shower block wasn't cleaned for at least a day which is unusually lax in this time of Covid. Hand towel was provided for drying hands but this had run out in the men's side, at least.

I don't think we'd bother going back.

Date of stay: August 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Sep 2020
Many thanks for your review, any feedback is hugely appreciated. I am so sorry that you thought our site was dull, we pride ourselves on how close we are to the railway line and the views of the countryside and many of our guests love this. With regards to fire pits, this is certainly something we are going to look at for next season. I am so sorry about the toilet and shower block, this is cleaned at least once a day and we ensure everything is kept to a high standard. Again, I am so sorry that you felt this way about our site, I really do hope we can welcome you back at a later date.
Kind regards,
Hannah
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.