“Amazing, beautiful, peaceful, wonderful. We'll be...”
other travellers have booked this property
YAKING WITH THE DOLFINS GUARD STATION AT ENTRY
OWL ON GRAND CARDON NEAR OUR HOME
SAILING RIGHT BEHIND THE HOME [taken from deck of home]
HOME FROM THE BEACH
YAKING WITH BUDDIES [taken from deck of home]
HOW REMOTE? TAKE A LOOK.....
APPROACHING THE HOME.
BLUE HERON IN TIDEPOOL NOV 2012
MORNING MOON OVER THE SEA NOV 2012
HIKING HOME
YAKING THE WAVES
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jennifer...
Kanab, Utah
“Amazing, beautiful, peaceful, wonderful. We'll be back.”
Reviewed 6 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our 4th trip to Santo Tomas to stay at Milo & Boni's place. We took friends and their kids, our teenagers and toddler son, and my parents. We booked the hacienda and casita. Everything was beautifully stocked and clean. The weather was perfect. The sea shell hunting was incredible. The dolphins made a show every day we were there. Milo & Boni's hospitality is second to none.
The remote location of Santo Tomas makes this getaway ideal. We could walk for miles and miles and feel completely safe. The waves are perfect for body surfing, but there is very little undertow. You can walk into the ocean for a great distance on raised sandbars. This is the safest I've ever felt in ocean water. It's amazing to be able to let the kids enjoy the water and not worry much about them.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Management Response
7 Nov 2015
Great guests make for great vacations. Looking forward to visit number 5.
Jeff Y
Kanab, Utah
“This is the place to relax.”
Reviewed 22 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

If you are looking for a beach vacation that is private and without crowds this is the one. We found huge sand dollars,kayaked with dolphins. This is an all around good time.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Mukaram M
Gilbert, Arizona
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We loved this home at first sight ....its views of the sea , the serene and peaceful atmosphere was a pleasant experience and most importantly secluded beach without the usual crowds....it was our first trip to Mexico and everybody loved it.....and want to return back sometime soon!!

Kayaks were an added bonus on top of the stay and all-together it was a memorable stay and experience for each one of us....both kids and adults alike !!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Personal rapport with the home owners and their genuine interest in our needs & expectations
Liked least: Wish it was more close to our home in Phoenix
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Gloria D
Waddell, Arizona
“This home is the ultimate family beach house getaway experience!”
Reviewed 14 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

If you are looking for that private, secluded clean beach with breathtaking views at a safe family friendly location, complete with a large beautiful and quaintly decorated beach house and all the modern comforts of living ease, - yet reasonably priced, this vacation home is phenomenal! Pictures on website are great but do the actual experience no justice. Owner provides priceless information about the area. Our grandchildren look forward to returning to this beach as a yearly family gathering but the size of this place with the amenities provided just took our visits to a whole new level of enjoyment! We will certainly rent this location again next stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Too many to list- location, amenities, clean...
Liked least: stairs but only when loading and unloading personal items
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Lara S
“Beautiful House & Location, Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

I would like to start by emphasizing the natural beauty of this beach and the house. This was my second time staying here with a large group, and I was so excited to finally have the chance to visit here again after my first time was so amazing.

When we arrived, I turned on the oven to start cooking our dinner, which I had prepared and froze before leaving. A couple of minutes after the heat in the oven kicked on, everyone started to choke on this awful putrid stench. So we immediately turned the oven off, waited for it to cool down, then the guys pulled it away from the wall to see what was causing the stench. Low and behold, there was a dead rodent. Gross, disgusting, but not unmanageable and to be honest, the place isn't occupied 100% of the time, so we cleaned it up and I emailed Milo to let him know about the situation. No response. Thinking we got rid of the problem, we turned the oven back on so we could cook dinner. The stench came right back, AFTER we disposed of the carcass AND scrubbed the heck out of the floor. We decided to cook dinner anyway since we were super hungry after a horrible trip to get there (my tire blew on one of the potholes despite defensive driving, so it took that much longer to get out to the house). We finished dinner and decided to deal with the rodent issue in the morning. I sent Milo a second email to let him know that the stench was still there and is there anything that could be done. Not the way we wanted to start off our vacation, but again, trying to make the best of things despite the situation. We woke up the next morning and tried to take apart the oven to find the other dead rodents. We searched everywhere, and couldn't find anything, but the stench wouldn't go away. I went to email Milo a 3rd time, and saw he responded to my first 2 emails. Not much of an apology, and basically told us to do exactly what we had already done as well as emphasized how in 11 years, they had only had one other instance like this. Frankly, I don't really care if it's been a consistent problem, or a once-in-a-blue-moon problem. For us, it was a problem, and he didn't offer to send someone out, or do anything to remedy the issue. After taking the oven apart as much as our limited tools would allow, we ended up using the electric skillet to make breakfast to avoid making the stench any worse, and left the house for the day so we wouldn't have to continue smelling the dead rodent carcasses, wherever in the oven they were. Keep in mind, I have a 6 month old, so staying out of the house when I don't want her to get sunburned, needing to change her diaper without giving her sandy diaper rash, etc. is VERY difficult to do on the beach. Again, not why I paid top dollar for a beautiful beach house or what I had in mind for my VACATION (you know, a break from deep cleaning and trying to relax from life). I emailed Milo a third time, requesting this time that he send someone out. and he finally arranged for someone later that day who of course couldn't come out until the following day. Great, another vacation day enduring the stench. Luckily, we had a local cook bringing us dinner that night so we wouldn't have to cook and try to work around the oven and stove. Milo re-emphasized in his response how this had never happened, how they were highly rated on tripadvisor, blah blah blah. At this point, I was incredibly annoyed. I really did not want to hear about how everyone before us had a great experience while we suffered through dead rodent stench. The next day, someone did show up and started to take the oven apart. Of course, we left the house again because it started to stink the minute he took the oven apart. When he finished a couple of hours later, he had found 3 more dead rodents dead in the insulation. THAT explains the stench, wow! Now I realize my vacation is likely a corner case given the other numerous positive reviews, plus my previous experience that was also awesome. However, even after the 3 additional dead rodents found in the oven, I still didn't hear from Milo apologizing, offering us any kind of refund, etc. I waited a few days until we were home again to give him time to contact me, and I heard nothing. So I proceeded to write him an email and asked for at least a one-night's stay refund given the rodent situation. To summarize, I've never been so disgusted with customer service and how I was treated. He agreed to some arbitrary amount of $200 as a refund in addition to our deposit. In all of this, I never complained about there not being the number of kayaks promised to us (we decided not to use them anyway) or the scorpion I killed. I realize those things happen, and I was probably willing to let the rodent slide if he had simply gone over the top in terms of customer service, sending a guy out to assess the situation immediately, taking care of us as his guests, and offered a refund without me having to request it. I was thoroughly disappointed though. Dead rodents are a health hazzard. I've had bad food and the servers and manager offered to take it back and give me a refund, I never had to ask for it. I have a rental property, and when there are situations that occur beyond the control of my tenants, I take care of it immediately. Bottom line, you take care of your guests and tenants if you want them to return, ESPECIALLY for a vacation property. I didn't travel 6 hours with a tire blowout to clean up dead rodents all weekend. Clearly, Milo understands some kind of customer service given his other stellar reviews. However, he failed in his response to me and taking care of the rodent problem in a timely fashion. Was it dealt with? Yes. But it was dealt with after I emailed and bugged him several times, and then requested a handyman, and requested a partial refund. I should not have to request those things given the severity of the situation, Milo should be jumping to rectify the situation if there's DEAD RODENTS. So I will probably not go back again. I can overlook the corner rodent case, the missing kayaks, the scorpion, the tire blowout, and likely a plethora of other crappy scenarios. That's part of life. However, I can't overlook the poor treatment we received as a result of the corner rodent case. I hope Milo does not email or speak to any of his other guests the way he did to me. Very disappointing.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful beach, great location on the beach.
Liked least: Dead rodents in the kitchen and terrible customer service.
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Aug 2015
It appears that about one guest in over 200 has a personality that, no matter what you do, cannot be satisfied. The content of this review is totally incorrect and everything that could be done was done as quickly as possible. When doors are left open by renters all kinds of creatures are happy to occupy. When this happens with a prior guest it is not uncommon to find these little guys. When we learned that the problem was not solved we contacted the only serviceman in the entire area and he was able to come solve the problem the next day. Not bad when you consider our home is located 26 miles from the nearest community of over 500 people.
So, according to this guest I was incompetent and rude to her when the other 199 people loved their experience and our communication..
The bottom line is that we have never been subjected to constant verbal assaults by a guest like this one in the entire history of our rental program...
So, if you believe her and have the same attitude please don't rent from us, but if you believe that we did everything we could to please her do rent from us.

Oh, and by the way, with 97 guest reviews on our Casita and Hacienda combined we have 94 Five Star reviews, 3 Four Star reviews and this one, the only 2 Star review ever.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an enquiry to the owner using the above make enquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing