“Amazing”
Review of Volo dell Angelo

Volo dell Angelo
Type: Other
Reviewed 22 August 2017

If you visit the South of Italy then you must crossover from Pietrapertosa to Castelmezzano by this zip-line. It is called the Angels flight and you feel like you are flying at very great speed.
The only discomfort is that in order to get back to Pietrapertosa you need to walk around 20 minutes to reach the starting point for the zip-line in Castelmezzano and I don't recommend to do this between 14- 20 August because it is full of people and you need to wait a lot, i have waited 2 hours to return.

Date of experience: August 2017
in 7 reviews
"peaks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was amazing. We love to zipline and this was a variation on that, but you are so high up and on your stomach when you do the crossing between peaks that it is in fact just like you are flying! Loved it and will do it again next time we are back in Basilicata. If you do both flights - the one over and then the return flight, be aware you have to walk and the terrain is steep. They say it is a 20-30 minute walk, and for those used to the mountain that might be true, but for any out of towner who lives at sea level, be prepared to have it take about 30-45 minutes or longer depending on your fitness level. That said, it is SO worth it! The return flight is even more stunning than the first one. Highly recommend it to any thrill seeker who wants to see Italy from a different vantage point. So glad we did it!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My sister and I did this after reading about it in a magazine......and I am so glad we did! The staff was friendly, the equipment seemed sturdy, and everyone was very professional. The views were fabulous---we rented GoPro cameras for souvenir videos. I feel that the price was very reasonable for this " once in a lifetime" adventure.
One thing to be prepared for----the hike to the start point in Castelmezzano is quite rigorous. We were advised to take water ...and I was glad we had it!
In the end.....it was all well worth it!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Do not loose the chance to feel light and fly! I can not describe this amazing feeling! I felt totally safe.the staff is nice and gives you all the infos that you need.if you start from Pietrapertosa, when you arrive to Castelmezzano a bus will drive you for some minutes and you have then to walk for about 20 minutes. The view during the walk is amazing. I would do it immediately again!

Date of experience: July 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I did this and both loved it! We went as singles as there were no spots available for couples. I would have preferred going as a couple however. It is a bit scary- especially the moments when they are hooking you up and you wait in your harness. But, once it took off, I was in awe of how fast I flew! It's scary, exhilarating, amazing, and crazy all in one! Make sure you wear good shoes for hiking. As, on the Castlemezzano side, you have to hike straight up a mountain to get to the take-off point. I'm in ok shape and was surprised how tough it was in full sun. Also, you can bring a small bag if it goes on your back. So, bring water! That was a mistake I made and I was SO thirsty. The two flights are a once in a lifetime experience! It's not just a zip line or two. It's that combined with the wonderful scenery of the Italian countryside and two very cool little towns on either side! I loved it!

Date of experience: August 2016