“Gorgeous Dolomiti Lucane at sunset”
Review of Volo dell Angelo

Volo dell Angelo
Type: Other
Reviewed 27 August 2015

A fantastic trip in the woody land up to the peaks of the Dolomiti Lucane! Awesome ride by motorbike!

Date of experience: June 2015
in 7 reviews
"peaks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Went with my two teenage boys and had an unforgettable ride across two large mountains. The mountains are approx 3k feet above sea level and you ride over a valley at about 1k feet. Parking is not easy and neither is the walk to the first departure area. The walk to the second departure area is also substantial. Free water was a nice surprise. The speed and height during the ride will be something you will never forget. Worth the try.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The nature: wild and dramatic place in a green hillside
The town(s): untouched homes built in the rock, where only one street it is NOT a stair
The atmosphere: magic, with the ancient castle ruins seem build in the sky
The emotions: unforgettable experience flying for real over the valley
The food: local and rustic like the land; delicious
The people: very friendly, used to help lost tourist and very kind
The trip; it is far far in the Lucania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucania) region, but the roads are in perfect shape and we had no traffic at all. (we drove Saturday morning from Ancona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancona) and back on Sunday afternoon, after the morning flight. 500 km (310 miles) each way. We drove for 6:30 hours, but stopping in Melfi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_Melfi) to visit the norman castle .

We stayed at Le Costellazioni (http://www.lecostellazioni.eu/) a sort of spread out hotel, with many rooms with cooking corner around the town. Nice, basic, clean, comfy: 77 euros breakfast included for two is ok, but it is 77 euros even when there is only one guest, and this is a little pricey. We had dinner at La locanda di Pietra (http://www.lalocandadipietra.com/). Good service, local food, excellent and natural; some unique cows live there: the Podolico breed (http://culturecheesemag.com/farm-animal/podolico-cows) try both the steak and the cheeses.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was something to see - quite amazing! We drove to Castelmazzano from a neighboring town of Calvello in the Basilicata region. The attraction "Flight of the Angel" is a ride from the small, medieval town of Castelmezzano to its neighbor, Pietrapertosa in a harness on a zip line. You glide back and forth between two very grand and scenic dolomite mountains. The area is breathtaking, but the "ride" is not for the faint of heart. If you opt out of flying like an angel, you can still watch the participants and stroll around the very charming and unusual town. The restaurants there were bustling with locals and tourists and the food was quite good. A great day trip and an awesome adventure

Date of experience: August 2013
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I went today to do my "flight". It was hailing when we first arrived at Castelmezzano. They told me to wait to see if flight can happen later. We waited 40 minutes and the hail stopped but it was still sprinkling and there were tons of lightening! They told me "Okay. Flight go!" ARE YOU NUTS??!?!?! There is lightening everywhere!! I told them I did not feel comfortable with light rain and lightening. They said no refund! My husband and I walked back to our car and we did see a handful of people do the flight but there was lightening all around and it was sprinkling off and on. While we watched it began to downpour. That meant that people that went to one side were stuck until the rain stopped. We decided to leave and the rain did not let up for over an hour as we drove away! Had I done the flight I would have been at risk of getting struck by lightening AND I would have been stuck on the other side for who knows how long!! They are also poorly unorganized and very unprofessional! Get on a zipline with rain and lightening! HELL NO!!

Date of experience: July 2013