“NO CONCERN FOR SAFETY!!!!!!!”
Review of Volo dell Angelo

Volo dell Angelo
Type: Other
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I went today to do my "flight". It was hailing when we first arrived at Castelmezzano. They told me to wait to see if flight can happen later. We waited 40 minutes and the hail stopped but it was still sprinkling and there were tons of lightening! They told me "Okay. Flight go!" ARE YOU NUTS??!?!?! There is lightening everywhere!! I told them I did not feel comfortable with light rain and lightening. They said no refund! My husband and I walked back to our car and we did see a handful of people do the flight but there was lightening all around and it was sprinkling off and on. While we watched it began to downpour. That meant that people that went to one side were stuck until the rain stopped. We decided to leave and the rain did not let up for over an hour as we drove away! Had I done the flight I would have been at risk of getting struck by lightening AND I would have been stuck on the other side for who knows how long!! They are also poorly unorganized and very unprofessional! Get on a zipline with rain and lightening! HELL NO!!

Date of experience: July 2013
in 7 reviews
"peaks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2013

For 40 Euro you get two rides, a TO and a FROM. Zip line is located between two mountain villages, Castelmazzano and Pietrapertosa . I'm 76 years old, and even though the trek up the mountainside is arduous, you will find the ride one of the most awesome things you have ever done. You zip line over the valley at more than 100 kph, and the drop is mind blowing. You are literally hanging via a special suit attached to a cable, and off you go.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Lancgoose
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Volo dell Angelo is not for the faint of heart nor is it for people who fear heights! It is absolutely out of this world!! It is extremely high, very fast and utterly thrilling!

There is a bus that takes you part way up at Castelmezzano. The rest of the walk is steep and it takes about 20 minutes, but it's not that bad. Unless you are out of shape, I certainly wouldn't worry about it, because the "flight" is worth it! Besides, the hikes you have to make are in a beautiful area and the towns are very pretty. The "flight" from Castlemezzano to Peitrapertoza is longer and higher than the return trip, but from Peitrapertoza to Castlemezzano I think it is faster. Overall, it is an incredible experience and it shouldn't be missed!!

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The flight itself is fantastic. The haul up to the departure point in Castelmezzano is awful. I understand that the walk goes through a public area but there should be some way to transport people up there.

Date of experience: May 2012