10,823 results
All reviews tapas snack bar fish privileged suite el mercado standard room the lion king japanese restaurant a la carte restaurants water shoes crepes pure chill out bar gated community steak sea lions animation team lagoon area
Reviewed 8 November 2015

Stayed here for two weeks early October, really nice place to stay extremely clean,
food really good, never had a bad meal.

Staff really do go the extra mile for you, special mention to cleaning staff, the girl who cleaned our room 414 ( think her name was alicelly) extremely trustworthy, I went out for dinner one night and left the safe door wide open by accident, passports money table tickets, none of it touched indeed the girl did leave us a note to remind ud to use the safe
on another day my wife lost her gold bracelet it was found by a member of staff and handed in,would we go here again yes.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank crewephil
catrivieramaya1, Director General at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Crewephil
Thank you so much for your comments. Our staff is going to receive your kind comments. Your feedback will serve as an inspiration to them and to our team to continue working with passion, ensuring our valued guests have an enjoyable and a memorable experience with us.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Everyone was very pleasant. Always wanted to please. Food was good. The drinks were. great!!! I have been there before and I will be going there again. It's on my bucket list.I don't have very long before I meet my maker and I am hoping to save enough to go back with my family. I did get sun stroke when I was at the Mayan ruins. I was treated like royalty. My daughter and I couldn't have asked for more. They were wonderful.

Room Tip: Always upgrade when you get there
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Dorothy C

Dear Dorothy

Thank you very much for thanking the time to share us your experience. We really work for making you happy and we're really proud about exceeding your expectations. Thank you very much for recommending us and be sure we're already waiting for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

The good
-close to most excursions and also playa del carmen
-resort is in a safe, upscale gated community
-you get use of both resorts
-we upgraded our room for free
-very clean and nice landscaping
-decent cove for free snorkeling
-many other free watersports (1 hour max per day)
-dinner restaurants were great
-bartenders were practically throwing drinks/shots at us

The bad
-breakfast/lunch buffet wasn't great
-beach is rocky so bring water shoes

We didn't get bothered by timeshare people

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kurt L
catrivieramaya1, Director General at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear Kurt

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with us. Hopefully, you could give us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

We had an amazing stay yet again at this amazing resort, it was our 5th visit and we will be back next year
The staff are amazing very helpful and friendly, the bartenders Manuel, Miguel, Rafeal are especially friendly
Food is amazing

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda N

Dear guests

Reviewed 4 November 2015

I should have known that this would not be exactly my cup of tea. I knew it was a big resort when I booked this trip through my dive shop.

To start, when we checked in, the front desk clerk rattled off a bunch of information and handed us a map with print too small to read. There was nothing in our room to elaborate on the resorts services or activities. Later in the week, when I asked for help from the front desk, they brushed me off until I persevered to get my issue addressed. On the second to last evening there, a group of us were waiting for our ride to the dive shop for an night dive. Our ride was late so we asked the front desk to call the shop. First they referred us to the concierge desk. Not much help since the concierge desk closes at 5 p.m. and it was 6:15. Then the front desk called their dive shop rather than the one we said to call. No surprise there that the dive shop was closed.

Our room was nice but the bed hard. Also, the phone didn't work, the overflow from the sink leaked on the floor, and a chair broke when my normal-sized spouse sat on it.

We liked the food in the buffet restaurants though getting beverages took longer than I would have liked. My spouse reported that the deserts were divine.

The specialty restaurants aren't much to speak of. The vegetables at the Mikado were too salty.

I went to archery the last day I was there and the instructor never showed up. Then I tried to use my spa coupons to use the fancy pool at the spa. I was told that the coupons where only good for massages - though nothing of the sort was written on the coupons. When I complained about these two things to a manager, he just looked at me like a deer in the headlights. He was going to find out why archery didn't happen and then relay the excuse to me. At this point I didn't care why archery didn't happen and just wanted to get through the next 18 hours until I could leave.

If you like to eat and drink yourself silly and sit by the pool, you'll like this place. For me, it didn't work and I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: If you request a "garden view" room, ask for one on the third or fourth floor. Upgrades are not worth the price.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank SarahS1972

Dear Sarah

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. Let us apologize for not exceeding your expectations in some aspects of your stay with us. We're sorry that an external diver's company disappointed you. All your comments have been shared with the head departments involved. We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay.