11,808 results
All reviewssun barrock royaltyzen restaurantrock spavacation plannerssuper mariosky terraceheaven poolresort creditle petit cochonrock starmonkey tourheaven sectionriviera mayalos gallospublic relationsfoam party
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

First,let me preface this by saying that I have stayed at 2 other Hard Rock Hotels before so I am qualified to review this hotel in comparison to the others. It is 6/19 and we are still here until tomorrow. We reside in 6243/6245. When we checked in on 6/15, it was raining due to the Tropical Storm-not a problem. But the hotel appears to not have been prepared for the amount of rain that the storm brought with it because there were NUMEROUS leaks all over the hotel and in the restaurants. It would not be out of the ordinary to be eating your meal and water drops would fall on your head. See attached picture from restaurant. I don’t understand how a hotel that experiences hurricane season yearly has so many leaks and is ill prepared. Also, the flooring leading to the outside rooms - we stayed on the family side-is an accident waiting to happen. To me and I worked in the project management side of construction, the hotel should have used stone flooring - not the cheap VCT type of flooring. What they have now is fine if it doesn’t get wet. It’s not even slip resistant. I almost slipped on numerous occasions. The flooring is pretty to look at, but not at all practical. It will take the right person to fall before they pull it all up and replace. Also, I have never been to a Hard Rock hotel without a casino. I have been to Hard Rock Punta Cana ( the best Hard Rock ever!) and Hard Rock Seminole in Fort Lauderdale. I didn’t ask the hotel staff if they had one or not. I figure if you have to ask, then you don’t have one. I’m not a gambler like that, but I like the noise, people watch, and it just another option in your day. My wife and I went to the Heaven side on several occasions. This is the side for the singles - no children allowed. So we thought we would be wild and go over and hang out late in the wee hours and our let our kids fend for themselves. Let’s just say that we were sadly mistaken. I warn single or couples without children you will be sorely disappointed if you are looking for a jumping resort with all types of bars and nightlife. To be honest and I didn’t think I would ever say this and I hope I never have to say it again, the family side had more activity than the couples side. Also, the Woodward (an activity building for kids) needs some sort of signage on it. It looks creepy. It has no windows. Also, my wife is a pescatarian with dairy allergies. The only restaurant that I felt that really showed concern for diet was Zen. They made sure she did not have dairy. They questioned, confirmed, and confirmed again. They were awesome. All of the other restaurants asked if she had allergies, but you were on your own after that. It shows that they are trained to ask about allergies, but you have to go a step further. We usually ask for the chef or the manager to explain the severity of our concerns, but there was a slight language barrier. Basically, if you are any kind of -atarian when it comes to your diet, then good luck because your choices are extremely limited. Lastly, we were awakened by maintenance hammering about 3-4 am on the floor below us. It appears that it was a major LEAK because I saw the ceiling torn out and mounds of towels on the floor. And yes, I said I saw because the hammering woke me up out of my sleep and went down to see where it was coming from and to give them a piece of my mind. The hotels both Heaven and the family side were just plain boring. Our comfort zone for all inclusive resorts is Sandals/Beaches properties and if this is the competition, then Sandals you have nothing to worry about!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank rickjr2000
Jan_Hundrieser, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear rickjr2000,

I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us. This office is aware of your dissatisfaction and on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya; we offer you our most sincere apologies for have fallen short to your expectations.

We would like to change your perception of our service as it is our main goal to achieve your satisfaction with the epic service that sets us apart.
I will have one of our specialists from Public Relations contacting you to further discuss this matter.

Jan Hundriser

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My family of 6 stayed there May 25 through June 1st. My children are 17, 15, 14, and 12. There is a gym for the kids (very small) and bikes to sign out. With the kids they need a parent to sign for everything. There is a really neat trampoline gym with a skateboard park that you can pay extra to use. There is also a ninja warrior like park (again, there is an extra cost). There are daily activities that my 12 year old enjoyed. Activities were rock climbing wall, zip line that extended from pool to lagoon, large hamster blow up wheel. The 1 and only basketball goal was broken...no rim or net. My 15 year old was bummed.

All the kids enjoyed the pools and the donut/ice cream bar and pizza by the pools.
The lagoon was incredible. Some people don't like it but when the ocean got choppy we could still snorkle. Lots of fish. It's beautiful and clear water. Its about 10 feet or more in some places.

My youngest enjoyed the kids only room called the cavern with pool tables, video games, and airhockey.

The nightly entertainment was fun and better than a couple of places we have been to.

My daughter, 14, felt she had made a friend in the hard rock cafe gift shop. The young woman working was friendly.

Overall the food was just ok. My husband and I stayed at the Royal in playa de carmen and the food there was INCREDIBLE (but beach too rocky to swim in).

The scenery was pretty but a little bland. The monkey tour was fun. Then we knew what to look for on our own walk at a later time.

The rooms were very nice. The kids have there room and adults have there own. I felt safe with my kids running around the hotel campus.

We did our own excursion, xplor (bought online at discount price) and took a cab there for a lot less than what was offeru from HRC.

The weather was nice. 70 at night high 80 in day... pools were still cool water.

Overall it is a fun nice place. I think it's more for younger kids (6 through 12)......

I don't regret going but I doubt that we would be back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jennihart

Dear jennihart,

Thank you very much for your comments, it's a pleasure hear that you enjoy it. I do really appreciate your opinion and it is an honor create great memories together. The most gratifying feeling is your satisfaction and we love to hear your loving comments. Everybody in Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya send their regards hoping to have you back soon and making you feel like a Rockstar again.

Keep on rocking!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Took the family here for our 2018 holiday, one week all inclusive.

Very good service throughout and always looked after very well by all the staff that are always happy to help.

Food and drink are available in abundance, the family, especially my son, never wanted for anything.

Great time had by all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew A

Dear Matthew A,

It has been our real pleasure having you here at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

It is gratifying to know you could experience the Rock star stay at our resort, as we work persistently to get our guests’ satisfaction.
We feel very excited by your kind words that help us to keep on rolling every day!
Cannot wait for you to come back!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My family spent £20,000 on a 10 night stay. I can genuinely say the images are totally misleading its customers in our opinion. The service was terrible, in fact it was a case of do it yourself.
No interest was shown when our rooms flooded and we were told to go back and sleep in them as they didn't have other rooms available. Do not appear to follow international health and safety or environmental laws despite this being highlighted.
And I predict the manager will respond with a lip service response about my perception and their epic service. The entertainment was the same every night and boring. The main entertainment area had leaking roof and all seats and cushions were soaked, staff just did NOTHING.
Moved to a second floor after and that leaked too! This was not a new problem as the images will show. Just a shoddy hotel that desperately needs investment but not by getting your guest to sit for an hour in attempts for them to invest in your hotel after a 10.30 flight.
Shame on you and your lack of interest in your customers

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vicki665
Jan_Hundrieser, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Greetings vicki665,

Thank you for sharing your experience and valuable feedback, likewise I truly regret the final perception you have taken home and please accept my sincere apologies for any discomforts you may have experienced regarding these matters. Furthermore I understand that our team is already following-up with you in order to properly address your concerns. Thank you for choosing us and I hope you can give us another opportunity in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

There are no words to describe the amazing service we received!! Professional, Prompt, fun, & great energy! I am in the wedding industry in NYC and Philadelphia and we had very high expectations because I have seen it all and planned other weddings. So I know what goes into making an unforgettable event. Everything was just perfect and more than I could ever ask for! Not a detail forgotten or missed. True passion, true love, true service! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!
Bill & Vito - 4-28-18

Room Tip: They always put you in the best!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vito R

Dear Vito R,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are much appreciated. We are happy to see that you spent such an amazing time at our resort. It is gratifying to receive such comments as a vote of satisfaction, we are working relentlessly to meet our high standards in quality and we feel really happy and proud to see that we are reaching with the epic service that sets us apart. It’s been a pleasure having you with us and we look forwards your next vacation. We would love to have you back and make another great memory together.