Review Highlights
Diving - Poor Knights Islands with Northland Dive

Just finished a live-aboard on Sun Spy to the Poor Knights, with day trips to the Rainbow Warrior... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2023
Pineapple1515
Christchurch, New Zealand
via mobile
Best diving in Aotearoa

Drove up from Wellington with a party of 6 to experience diving with Northland Dive. The on-site... read more

Reviewed 25 May 2023
Keegsfish

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews these guys amazing diving poor knights friendly hosts great company days diving canterbury wreck ribs julia hospitality lodge boats bay spy nitrox liveaboard shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2020

I am from America...this place is absolutely AMAZING!!! It's so MAGICAL...the owners are so down to earth and extremely hands on and friendly. The rooms and food are excellent, clean and the ambiance is so peaceful.

I am not a diver but the two friends I went with are Kiwis that have been coming here for 10 years and divers...I can see why they show up every year!!!

You won't be disappointed...this has been a highlight of my New Zealand trip. The area and beaches are super AWESOME and I heard that the diving is phenomenal... especially the ship dive.

By the way...you will enjoy the fresh made food...they pick right from their garden to the table. I felt like I was visiting family and friends.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 27 November 2020

Where can I start, the hospitality was on form the kai was delicious but most of all the memories 👌

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 27 November 2020 via mobile

WoW was just absolutely blown away by there hospitality and the dives.. Highly Highly Recommend!!! 😍😍

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Great diving, accommodation, and hospitality for both the shored based dives and the Poor Knights' liveaboard. Top dive outfit! Thanks Julia and Shane

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 29 October 2020

This is almost certainly the best dive operation in New Zealand. Shane and Julia and are fantastic hosts, the food is plentiful and super yum, and the lodge is spacious and comfortable and in a beautiful setting. It also has a spa!

The diving side of things is really well run, so that the trips and the liveaboard feel efficient and organised. They cater to recreational and tec divers with an abundant supply of nitrox. Everything is done with good vibes and a great sense humour and there’s never a sense that they’re just going through the motions.

The Bay of Plenty and Poor Knights are the best diving to be had in Northland, and Northland Dive are the people to dive with when you’re there.

Date of experience: October 2020