3,702 results
All reviews activities pool adult pool family pool lanai room san jose los cabos the cantina el patio bird sanctuary snack bar a la carte restaurant nachos third floor bike tour mexican fiesta night tennis courts quiet pool
Reviewed 12 September 2018

The reviews definitely pump this place up, however, after visiting 20+ all inclusives, I am rating this one average. Here are my comments from a group of 4 of us staying recently.
PROS: Closest beach resort to airport, friendly and helpful employees, clean, safe, various pools, pool activities, awesome beach bar, beach side dining,
CONS: Far from Cabo (area with all the attractions, excursions, restaurants and bars), Rooms are very average, the choice and quality of food is the part we did not like. There are 2 choices for food, the beach bar and the buffet. The buffet was not the normal setup with salad bars and nice displays, rather it was a few tables with the food lined up over heating containers. There is no carving station, salad bar, etc that you see at other AIs. The food did not taste good at buffet.
My opinion, the food could be a whole lot better.
We really loved the service provided by Marco!!!!!!!. He was soooo awesome.
I had booked a partial ocean view balcony room but on arrival, the assigned room was facing the adult, quiet pool so I asked to be moved. I was given another balcony room but was up charged $30 per night. Not sure why because the hotel was only about 20% booked of capacity. The foam party was a BLAST and the fajita night around the pool was also de-lish!
Something very weird...at the swim up activity pool bar, they showed 2 beers on tap...Dos Equis and Tecate. I always would ordered the DosXX but the bartenders served from both tabs all day long and the beer did not taste good. So we ended up taking the bus to the store to purchase our own beer.
Fun pool activities: Bingo, trivia, exercising, etc.
The 2nd floor balconies are the best rooms w best views, however, they are not private as there is no wall between you and the neighbors.
We really enjoyed the spa special for massages! nothing fancy but great price.
Also, the excursion desks can arrange your rides in to Cabo and excursions. They were very helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd floor balcony ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank budrow02
RaulC2841, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello Budrow02!

Thank you very much for choosing our Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos as your destination for vacations, it is very important for us to know your opinion and working on your suggestions in order to improve our services and procedures.

I really appreciate you took some of your valuable time to provide us feedback since a guest who visited 20 + all inclusive for sure has some points to share with us and we can make them better.

I'm really glad to read the PROS you mentioned, our talented staff enjoy their daily job and it is so nice to know they were as friendly and helpful as they always are specially Marco who i will make sure to recognize and thank for making your stay a special one.

Food and Beverages are part of the main reason why people decides to go to an All Inclusive, I will make sure to verify this part with the right people so we can offer more and better choices and our guests keep happy all the time and no need to go our to buy something we are offering here.

We really hope you can give us a second chance some time and we be able to leva e abetter impression on you.

Thank you again for your comments and have a great day!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We have been there 3 times, and just booked there again.. great staff, good food. Great location, easy walk to San jose for shops etc. Estuary next door.. see you in February!! We have been to a few others and this is our favorite by far.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 28 August 2018

What a Great place to stay, lost to do, close to shopping, a short Bus ride into Cabo San Lucas, nice for a day trip, with lots to see and do. The Staff was Wonderful, food was Excellent. Nice area for Adults to relax and enjoy themselves away from the crowd.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jerome T
Reviewed 26 August 2018

The grounds of this hotel is decent (plants and walkways). The pools are nice; however, the rooms are very dated. We had two rooms on the ground floor - one of them had a moldy smell and lots of ants around. The rooms were spacious. If only they were renovated, they would give guests a comfortable stay; as they are now - not very good. The staff was, in general, OK. Some were pleasant; others were INCOMPETENT. We asked for the tennis court to be unlocked so that we can play tennis early in the mornings as it is cooler during that time of day in August. Every single day there, it was locked! We always had to go to the front desk to ask for someone to come and open it. Yes, we did request the night before and the morning of play. Every single time it took a good twenty minutes for someone to come and unlock it. I can understand if it was only the first time, but every single time? Why do they treat their tennis courts like gold? The sign says that the courts are available at 7am but with all kinds of requests to have it opened at 7am, it was never opened. Very frustrating!
The internet wasn't working in one of our rooms. We told the front desk man, he said he would send someone the next day. No one came. We went and spoke to him the next day, he said that there is just no internet in that room and can move one of our parties to another room in another building. This was not a good option since we wanted to have rooms close together because we are one family. He is just incompetent! One of us was able to figure out how to get internet in that particular room later on in the day.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank washingt0n2009
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hello washingt0n2009,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you liked the room's layout. However, I am terribly sorry to learn that you have faced some challenges specially with the level of service you received when requesting for the tennis court opened. I also would like to apologize for the internet service and the condition of the room. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The resort is a 3 star. The service is good, the staff is friendly and nice but the grounds are a bit dated. The Mexican food is good but the American is ok. There's only 2 restaurants in the entire resort. Its a pet friendly resort but they should allow certain areas, such as the pool and restaurants, to be restricted. The location is a bit far from everything. We got a great deal but I probably wouldn't go back. However its definitely not a bad place if you're on a budget. Very family friendly too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Montclair08
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Hi Montclair08,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your vacation here in Los Cabos. We have always aimed to bring your vacations to life and ensure you have a great time whenever you choose us. Reading your post, I'm sorry that you felt this was the last we'll have you because the hotel grounds looked dated compared and that our location was not as ideal. Yes, we offer great deals and always wants our guests to get the most out of their visit. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be.

Despite these, it still made me smile that found our hotel very family friendly, pet-friendly, food selections appetizing, but most of all,
our staff nice and friendly. I certainly appreciate the kind words. I give the credit to all members of our staff who continuously exerted their efforts to be of assistance whenever they can. We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas we can improve on. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and change things as necessary.

our stay may not have been the best picture to remember of us but I am positive to capture a better one as soon as you get back. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,