Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from US$69.00
More Info
from US$89.00
More Info
All reviews let loose a lot of fun super fun ceviche blast tableside cabo salsa tequila
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2020

Squid Roe is the #1 night life in Cabo! Everyone goes here at night to party! Due to covid they close early which dampened the moods. As of Sept 1, they're closing at 1030pm so you must show up around 8pm if you want to enjoy it to the fullest! Our server for Friday night was Jonathan who did his job excellent but complained right as were leaving for more tip. We tipped about 17% but he said he thought he deserved more. This caught me by surprise. The server who brought our food to the table was Lenguini and that man was excellent. Very attentive to our needs in regards to the food. The chicken club sandwich was absolutely incredible!! I ordered it twice when I returned on Saturday night as well. My server Saturday night was Alejandro and although he was very busy, he still made sure we were good with food and drinks. We went to Squid Roe 3 nights in a row and we got lit! THE PLACE TO PARTY IN CABO !!

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank hbonilla2319
Reviewed 30 July 2020

Stopped by for lunch. We were 2 out of 4 customers there. I counted 16 wait staff who stood around and chatted with one another. I had the Thai salad. AWFUL! The dressing was so salty and tasted as if it was pure soy sauce. I tilted the salad plate to drain the liquid from the salad. You would think the wait staff would have asked if our food was fine. Not one came by to ask. I could only eat 2 bites because of the saltiness. The only time our waiter came by was to take our order and collect the bill.

Date of experience: July 2020
2  Thank robinsX1840WJ
Reviewed 29 July 2020

BE CAREFUL ABOUT OVER-CHARGING SCAMS. I ordered a few vegas bomb shots that were listed as 120 pesos on the menu. When the check came they listed it as "1 redbull - 250 pesos.. 1 Crown shot 400 pesos" for each shot I ordered. Also, they have a lady going around offering people non alcoholic shots (passing them off as alcoholic) for $4 a piece (and of course she insists you buy her a shot as well) Stay away from those.

Date of experience: July 2020
2  Thank 361stefanw
Reviewed 9 March 2020

Been coming to El Squid Roe for over 30 years and told/taken a lot of people to eat and drink there! Not no more was given a bill for $45.00 for things we didn't eat or drink ( We had Chicken Fajitas and tacos and 2 beers) that was not $45.00 of food and drinks! SORRY NO MORE!

Date of experience: February 2020
4  Thank Randy g
Reviewed 2 March 2020

We have been coming to Cabo San Lucas nearly every year since 2008. We have eaten at El Squid Roe, a downtown iconic establishment, for fun and food every year. Not any more. First, the environment is not for everyone. It is LOUD, and there is a lot of drinking. Not so bad if you are into that kind of thing. The salsa is made at your table fresh and is usually pretty good. This time, it was marginal. The margaritas and Long Island Ice Tea were good, as usual. Everything else was down hill. They messed up every order at our table of four. Not one single order was correct and even the replacement dishes were incorrect. Nothing was served together. It took several requests just to get a soup spoon and by the time it arrived, the soup was cold. We were there for nearly an hour and only one order was served. The apologies were frequent and delivered with apparent sincerity, but nothing changed. EVERYTHING was wrong. If the place had been packed, I might have understood, but we were one of two groups ordering food in the entire place. Finally, when we got our waiter and the manager together they offered to buy our dinner, which, of course, only one out of three of us received. It is absolutely the worst service we have had at any establishment in Cabo San Lucas. We are finished with El Squid Roe and discourage anyone from visiting. There are so many alternatives, why would you?

Date of experience: March 2020