“Great central spot to call home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Linden Homestead

Linden Homestead
Deck Luxury Bathroom (inc seperate shower)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Deck
Luxury Bathroom (inc seperate shower)
Single Beds (2) Bedroom
Walk In Shower
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
laurabP58...
Whitby
“Great central spot to call home”
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for three nights in early July. We had the king suite and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Our hosts were gracious and made sure that we were well looked after. The suite was well appointed with the most comfortable king size bed,large on suite bathroom with a claw foot tub and shower. Breakfasts were delicious and our hosts very accomidating to our dietary needs. We were central to day trips and golf course's. You only have to drive 15-20 minutes in any direction to find a good variety resturants and places of interest,beach and beautiful beaches. We would strongly recommend staying her. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

davelake2...
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Frances and Drew went above and beyond expectations to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The Coburn's are gracious hosts. Their hospitality was shown in the amazing breakfasts and the attention to details and cleanliness in the rooms. I wish I had as beautiful and modern a bathroom at home! We highly recommend Linden Homestead!
And it is so close to all things "Anne" too!

Your age range 65+
2Bluenose...
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 June 2017 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I were very disappointed with our stay at Linden Homestead. We searched for a clean, quiet and comfortable cottage for our trip to PEI in September. We were impressed with the high ratings on Trip Advisor and our email communication with the owners so we decided to book it for a week.

We were kindly greeted by the hosts. We took a quick look at the cottage - it had a musty smell but we thought it just needed to be aired out by opening the windows.

It was late and dark so we quickly unloaded the car. To our dismay we soon noticed that the cottage was not clean. There was food debris on the stove, counter and in the fridge. Every surface had a thick layer of dust. There was hair in the shower. The linens did not smell fresh.

We made the decision to stay the night as it was late and we were very tired from traveling all day and didn't have another option for lodging. I called the owners and requested some cleaning supplies. The employee who brought the supplies offered to clean it for us but I was more comfortable doing it myself.

We had a terrible night with little rest and woke feeling extremely stressed. My husband was feeling unwell due to allergies from the dust and mold. We checked out the next day. We felt uncomfortable saying anything further about the cottage to the owners at that time. Luckily we were able to find another place to stay so our trip wasn't completely ruined.

I emailed the owners after our return home explaining why we left but received no response.

We will never stay at another hotel or cottage again without thoroughly checking it out first for cleanliness.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
lonefreeb...
Osprey, Florida
“We hated to go”
Reviewed 30 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I can tell you first off, that I believe if you can't say something good, then don't say nothing at all. After two weeks in Eastern Canada, staying at 10 different places, I will only review three, as I wouldn't waste my time on three or four star places. Breakfast at first sight, made me a bit nervous (gotta be honest), I never do yogurt and run from it on sight and that was the treat before the meal began, in the form of a parfait. I was surprised to find out that this parfait was actually delightful and when I got near the bottom, I ran into fresh blueberries which made it exquisite. The english muffins came out and they had accompanying them, carrot cake jelly (I kid you not!) I hate carrots. I hate carrot cake. My wife turns to me and says, "try this" who knows I HATE carrots. I reluctantly took a bite....and it was the single most best thing I had tasted on this trip. Frances should have her own cooking show on tv!!!!! Frances is by far the culinary queen of the entire island!! Yes, the rest of the food was amazing, but it was eclipsed by the two items I dreaded most!!! Enough of this "negativity". Let's move on to the positives. The room was private, clean, well layed out and the grounds were immaculate, my high point of the grounds was the inviting picnic table where I could sit and journal, and get idea's for songs that I write. As an added bonus, the smells of the pines and I think a touch of flowers made this place absolutely dreamy. As hosts, I can only think of one word for Drew and Frances-ADOPTION!!!!! Their warmth and kindness and genuine sweetness made leaving the saddest point of that week. When you leave a place, you don't normally talk about it a week later, do you? But this place will stay in our hearts for a long time and it's because of two charming people who opened up their lives, homes and hearts for two wayfaring strangers. I salute you.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Niloo1366
Montreal, Canada
“Fantastic hosts”
Reviewed 25 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed with France and Drew and really enjoyed our stay.
Lovely hosts and very helpful for planning our days.
The property is very well situated geographically, which makes makes it much easier for visiting either ends of the island.

Management Response
27 Jul 2016
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you both. We hope you can get back to the Island again!

Drew & Frances Coburn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing