“A perfect Sunday!”
Review of El Coyote Flaco

El Coyote Flaco
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I had the most amazing experience at El Coyote Flaco. Primarily, I must say-the staff was such a vital part of my experience. Everyone was so warm and gracious-always with the most sincere smile.Our servers were so attentive and represented the food so well! I loved the menu brought to us on a large hand crafted chalkboard sign-and the server described everything with such passion. OH and my cocktail was lovely. And the food-was wonderful and the smell of the wood and the grill only enhanced my experience. Thee food was great and perfect for the setting! If you love the countryside and want to get out of SMA for awhile-El Coyote Flaco is the answer. I never wanted to leave. My friend felt the same way! BTW, the music was fantastic-the Maveriks!! Good simple farm to table food in a beautiful setting!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This place is a wonderful setting, out in the countryside near Atotonilco but if you’re coming to actually eat, be warned. Food is far sub par, waitstaff is clueless and service is epically slow. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Normally the food and entertainment are decent at this restaurant, but the service is generally slow. We normally are happy with the BBQ ribs and lamb chops. I may return, but never on a day when there is a special event with a prix fix menu. Were were enticed to make reservations for six with predetermined shank and rib orders, but by the time our waitress came to "take our order" they were out of the set menu items we had ordered because they obviously gave them to diners who just showed up. They offered broccoli cheese soup and brought out mushroom without mentioning the change. They offered us salmon, two fillets and a cowboy ribeye or lasagna. They also ran out of wine for about 30 minutes when we ordered a second bottle, and ran out of vodka when we ordered a second drink. Just very poor planning. The manager apologized, but the damage was done. We never go when it is hot because of the flies.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We had friends arriving for their first visit to San Miguel and had read about a Motown evening, with dinner included, on a local food blog. The Chamorro, a pork shank, was recommended. I emailed a reservation, which was confirmed, and was requested to make our menu selections over a week ahead of time. My husband and I selected the Chamorro but our 2 dinner guests opted for the bbq ribs. We arrived 20 minutes ahead of the recommended arrival time of 6 pm, so that we could avoid the rush. We were seated. Drinks were ordered, and arrived quickly. The young woman waiting on us took the order we had previously confirmed, and within a few minutes, what had been described as cream of broccoli soup arrived. Watery and lukewarm, with barely enough in the bowl for more than a taste, it turned out to be more than any of us wanted, in the circumstances. The bowls were removed, but after 20 minutes, when no main courses had arrived, we asked about our meal. Eventually, another waitress arrived at the table to say that they were out of the ribs, and had only the shank or lasagna. I explained that we had pre-ordered our meal some time before. She disappeared and returned shortly thereafter with two plates of the shank and two plates of ribs. The pork shank was alone on the plate. A hunk of meat. No potatoes, vegetables or salad. We asked about this and was told that the dish came with nothing...they must be kidding. They weren’t. The ribs, there were 2 on one plate and 3 on the other, had a few vegetables and potatoes, which was a good thing as the plate would otherwise have been empty. The waitress came by asking “did we want dessert”? in a manner suggestive of not being at all interested in actually providing it. The chocolate cake, flan and fruit were ok, but we had all lost our appetites at this point.

We stayed to listen to the band for a bit, but elected to home .... and have something to eat.

A Costco hotdog would have been more satisfying than the meal we were offered at this establishment. If you are interested in a good meal, don’t waste your time here.

1  Thank 826cathy
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I’m giving 3 stars due to the pretty good live band and nice place but the food amount is ridiculous and pretty average taste, not worth the prices at all, really regret eating here. (Tried the ensalada griega, churrasco and ribs, all overpriced).

1  Thank Cristian A