“Pictures do not do it justice!”
other traveller has booked this property
Santa Caterina  - stunning position and swimming pool
View through to the living from the patio Spacious and well equipped kitchen and dining room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Santa Caterina  - stunning position and swimming pool
View through to the living from the patio
Spacious and well equipped kitchen and dining room
Main Terrace - perfect spot for evening drink watching the sunset
Stunning views throughout the property
Light and Spacious living room
Master Bedroom
First floor guests double bedroom
Ground floor twin bedroom
Cosy upstairs sitting room / TV room
Kitchen Terrace
Shi's Cottage
Lavendar in bloom and the cottage terrance
Shi's Cottage living room and kitchen
Cottage double bedroom
Stunning views from the swimming pool to Antognolla Castle
Beautiful gardens
Approaching view of Santa Caterina
Relaxing in the shade
Swimming pool Terrace
Pizza Oven
Marga and Vic Santa Caterina Caretaker
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Maxx144
New York, NY
“Pictures do not do it justice!”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Beautiful, spacious, completely restored farmhouse with separate cottage. Best views in area because owner bought it many years ago. Manager lives in her own house on property so is always available for assistance. She is professional, knowledgeable & can cook or recommend restaurants. There is a large, fully stocked eat in kitchen, plus outdoor dining areas as well. The pool area is beautifully planted so its great to just sit there with a book. Farmers market in town is nice to experience. Nearby towns are great to explore. It may be a little hard to locate the first time. Because it is so spacious, individuals in groups can find a private spot. Lots of lovely linens. I especially liked the trellised dining area off of the kitchen for breakfast - amazing views!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: felt like Tuscany 20 years ago!
Liked least: Wish I had a better map to find it the first time
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Patricia...
Houston, Texas
“Unbelievable Umbria”
Reviewed 26 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My husband and I stayed at Villa Santa Caterina with good friends and had the time of our lives. The immaculately restored main villa and guest quarters were perfect in every way, but could not compete with the spectacular scenery and grounds. (Especially the dreamy pool!) We felt like we were in our own (but extremely luxurious and fabulous!) Italian home. The owners' hospitality is unparalleled, and we did not want to leave. In fact, we'd love to go back as soon as possible!

Liked best: Pool and grounds
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Gretchen...
“Mornings at Santa Caterina were like a dream come true.”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I stayed at Villa Santa Caterina with my husband and toddler this past June. We had a magnificent time and we intend to return! The villa is close to several towns and we easily planned day trips for shopping, site seeing, wine tasting, etc. The villa offers an unparalleled sense of serenity and beauty...so much so that we were very happy to stay home some days, lounging by the pool and hiking the nearby trails. Mornings were the best part of the day...we sat on the terrace adjacent to the kitchen, taking in the mountain views, sipping coffee, eating fruit and fresh cheese with bread. Staying at the villa was the prefect way to enjoy Umbria and truly relax. We traveled with our toddler and we were pleased to find a travel crib and toys waiting for us--so helpful! I can't recommend this villa highly enough!

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
arava2015
Aventura, Florida
“Nothing compares to it!”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I stayed in Vila Caterina with some friends for several days and I can not describe how amazing this experience has been. I have traveled in various places throughout the world and in Italy and never encountered such an AMAZING place! The viewed are breathtaking, the house is so tasteful, comfortable, inviting, relaxing. This experience has been one of the best traveling experience I have had in my life. We all had such an amazing time and none of us wanted to leave! I can not stress enough how perfect it all was and how highly recommended this place is. I loved every second of my trip there and if I want to think about something positive or just relax all I need to do is close my eyes and think about this amazing place and that will do the trick. Highly, highly recommended!!!

Larry M
“A pied a terre in Paradise”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Visiting Santa Catarina, I was relieved to discover that there remains a little bit of this world that is impervious to hotel chains, fast food, mall shopping and the onslaught of sameness and impersonality. Santa Caterina epitomizes the alternative to the humdrum boredom of cold and non-distinct surroundings and upon arriving at the property, tired travelers re-learn the meaning of delightful. From the breathtaking views atop its own little hill to the little perks that accompany a chef's kitchen, this property has something for everyone in any family. We took advantage of the villa's close proximity to Perugia, Assisi, Montefalco, Florence and Gubbio and eased in and out of the property for multiple day trips, happy to return to the luxury of a beautifully appointed Italian country villa. Days by the pool were every bit as fun as expeditions to churches and restaurants and shopping. The villa is large enough to accommodate 3 couples in the main house and another in the guest cottage. Families or friends wanting to vacation together will find it ideal. We could not have found a more ideal spot for our extended vacation.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: I felt like I was part of Italy rather than a visitor.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing