All reviews duck pudding sunday lunch roaring fire pub restaurant scampi pie excellent accommodation lovely room preston area bed was very comfortable an overnight stay tea and coffee gins pint olde caravan
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here one night and had dinner and breakfast. It's a proper pub, clearly popular with locals and visitors - full to capacity for Sunday evening dinner. Paul was multi-tasking behind the bar and doing a great job. The food was not particularly cheap - I had the duck - but the helpings were very generous and well prepared, don't think anyone would have gone home hungry. Breakfast was similarly well cooked and served.
I stayed the night before a meeting in Preston, the room was fine, immaculately clean even if some of the furniture and decor is a bit dated. The main disappointment was that the bedrooms are immediately adjacent to a road and if you like an open window - as I do - sleep was interrupted by vehicles speeding past which didn't make for a great night.
I would definitely eat here again, the food is good, the staff are friendly and efficient and I really enjoyed my meals but if I had to stay overnight I'd be sure to bring ear plugs.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We were out cycling and stopped here for a sandwich and bowl of chips. It was a lovely sunny day so we sat outside and admired the view of the Ribble Valley. Great food and service. Loved the home made chips!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
M4rkW, Owner at Ye Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thanks for your review- Glad you liked the chips

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Went to ye horns inn years ago, it is quite a drive away, so we haven't been for a while, with it being a nice night, we decided to go back.
As usual, absolutely excellent!!!!
Staff so pleasant, very helpful, ordered the food and wanted the duck cooked with a different sauce to the menu, asked the chap, no problem at all, of course we can cook a l'orange sauce for you.
My husband had the fillet steak, also gorgeous!!!!
A proper restaurant, even the wine is served in crystal glasses, which adds to the class.
Highly recommend this place, you have got to go!!!!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
M4rkW, Owner at Ye Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Glad you enjoyed your visit to us once again.
Hope to see you in the future.

Mark

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We had a great stay at Ye Horns, stayed for one night, there was plenty of parking and the accommodation was very homely and comfortable. Highlight of the trip, was the meal in the pub/restaurant which was superb, would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
M4rkW, Owner at Ye Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay, look forward to welcoming you again!!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Stayed in here one night last week, deliberately chose over a standard company issue hotel. Although you dont get a gym and 'known' facilities, the Inn is a great alternative place to stay. Area is very rural, nice countryside around, satnav got me close. No phone signal but they do provide wifi which worked fine in both bedroom and bar area. Rooms are spacious, decor slightly dated for me, but comfortable with central heating. Nicely cooked food and an ale in the evening with a good breakfast, both continental and full english breakfast as requried in the morning. Plenty of parking on site. I just slept over one night but I would definetly stay over again. Staff very friendly and accomodating.

Date of stay: March 2017