All reviews casa cenote brick oven pizza dirt road fish tacos beautiful cenote soliman bay min drive quiet area boutique hotel snorkeling gear recommend renting a car off the beaten path swim in the ocean hotel is beautiful octopus complimentary breakfast overlooking the ocean
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We spent a lovely weekend at Blue Sky with our 2 teenage daughters. It’s a perfect place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the main resort. The 2 bedroom family room was spacious, comfortable and tastefully furnished with 2 lovely en suite bathrooms.
We loved relaxing in and around the pools and the restaurant and bar were delightful and served tasty, well presented food and drink. There was great live music on both the Friday & Saturday evenings. All the staff (Giovanni, Pedro, Erick, Fernando, the reception and room services teams, etc) were great and without exception went out of their way to be helpful and make us feel welcome.
We didn’t really use the beach as despite trying their best to clear it up, the seaweed was problematic and at times a bit smelly although at the end of the jetty are a couple of hammocks where you can relax and enjoy looking out over the Caribbean.
If you are looking for a small,friendly but rather special place to stay, go ahead and book a room.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 303jan2805
Remy C, Director General at Blue Sky Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear 303jan2805

Many thanks for your kind feedback,

Our team strives daily to deliver great guest experiences and your words will be a lovely reward to their efforts.

The seaweed is definitely an issue that is affecting not only the Mayan Riviera but other parts of the Carribbean, our dedicated cleaning team does its outmost to keep the beach clear of it for our guests´comfort.

We hope you had a chance to enjoy the other activities available in the area as the kayak and snorkeling tours over the reef which is not affected, swimming in the cenote located just a step away from the property and touring the vast Mayan heritage of the region.

We will be delighted to host you again in the future if you wish to repeat the experience.

Kind regards and thank you once more.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Fine, good location and services
The service at the bar is really good and friendly
Room was clean and comfortable but way to much expensive for the location. Then did not even get a new soap on the next day.... more than 300€ for a night will worth an extra free soap
I have been waiting since 3 weeks for the bill of my room, the front desk says I have to wait as they only « have it on paper » ? I guess this is the only thing that frustrated me to this moment I need it urgently!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Remy C, Director General at Blue Sky Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Christina,

Thank you for your comments and a sincere apology for not meeting your expectations.

You should have received a fresh soap on the next day and this will be addressed to insure it is corrected immediately and not repeated with other guests.

We will insure that you get you food & beverage bill in the next 2 days, this has been a mistake from our side and it will be amended right away.

Should you find any further difficulties, please contact me directly at rcadiere@blueskytulum.com.mx.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We had dinner at the Blue Sky Tulum hotel restaurant on Sunday July 22. Our group of 13 was vacationing at a nearby villa whose owners recommended Blue Sky for dinner. It was so nice that we could walk to the villa via the road or beach. We arrived at 6:30 and were immediately seated. Our waiter was wonderful! He gave us lots of attention and was very helpful giving more detail about the drinks and entrees. The fish ceviche was great. I had the Blue Sky drink and was planning to order the Tikin Xic Fish when our waiter brought out the "fresh catch of the day". It was a large hogfish. He suggested if 4-5 of us wanted the Tikin Xic Fish they could prepare this one family style. Six hands went up and it was all eaten! My brother and brother in law returned several more times during the week to enjoy drinks at the bar and visiting with the staff and guests. It's a lovely hotel and restaurant. For future trips this would be a great place to stay for just my husband and I. Very quiet and relaxing with a great view.

2  Thank DebbieMartin56
Remy C, Director General at Blue Sky Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear DebbieMartin56,

Many thanks for you great feedback, it is the best compliment for our team who strives daily to create excellent experiences for our guests.

We look very much forward to welcome you and your family back as guests at the hotel or simply at the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

My boyfriend and I just spent 7 days there and we couldn't have loved this place more! This little boutique hotel is tucked away from the all the noise and crowds so if you want to be in the middle of all the action, this place is not for you. We loved how quaint and relaxing this place was...perfection to what we were after. Saying that, if you do want to travel outside the hotel, I would recommend renting a car. There is a lot to do around the hotel and it's a 2 min drive out to the main road. There is also a cool cenote across the street. It's about a 15 min drive to the center of town and a 20-25 min drive to zona hotelera. We zipped around and found it pretty easy to do. We never took cabs but I heard the fare is about $20 each each way. The hotel has a little beach and an awesome dock along with 2 pools. We did a couples massage on the dock hearing the waves of the ocean and it was fantastic. During this time of year, there is a bit of seaweed but the hotel did a good job with raking the beach daily. It's mother nature so there is really nothing you can do about the seaweed, you'll find everywhere. The hotel offers kayaks, paddle boards and snorkel masks for free which I thought was awesome. We definitely took advantage of that and had a blast going out on the kayaks to do a bit of snorkeling. The beach is a little rocky, so we ended up buying water shoes in town and found them to be super helpful. The hotel and rooms are very clean and spacious. We mostly went out for dinner since Tulum has fantastic restaurants but the hotel had delicious food as well! I loved their fish tacos and their complimentary breakfast was great and filling. I would definitely recommend this hotel for mainly couples/adults/families with older kids. We did see a few families with small children but I would assume kids want to be with other kids running around and this place may not be ideal for that. Our favorite and best part of the hotel was the staff! These guys really go far and beyond to make you feel special and as comfortable as possible. We felt like we were leaving family behind when we checked out. To the entire staff, Thank You! We miss you all and hope to see you again soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewYorkClaudia
Remy C, Director General at Blue Sky Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear NewYorkClaudia,

Many thanks for your feedback, our team members strive daily to deliver a great experience to our guests and your comments will be the best reward to them.

We hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Blue Sky was everything we were looking for in a hotel. Everything was so peaceful and relaxing. The service was spectacular all around. Our room on the 3rd floor was perfect and we had a wonderful view of the sea and enjoyed watching the pelicans fly overhead. We tried kayaking and snorkeling in the bay right in from of the hotel. I was truly surprised at how many beautiful fish we were able to see. The cenote (Manati) behind the hotel is fantastic and I think there was an underground inlet//outlet to the ocean in front. At the restaurant, we always found something good to eat.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are well worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Elisabeth N
Remy C, Director General at Blue Sky Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our team strives to deliver daily the best experience to our guests and your kind words is the best reward to their efforts.

There is indeed an underground passage that comunicates from the cenote to the ocean, this one can be visited by advanced divers, tours are available on site.

We hope to see you return soon.