“Hidden gem, authentic Italian, well priced, top service”
Review of Canova Cantina

Canova Cantina
Ranked #148 of 682 Restaurants in Tulum
Reviewed 4 April 2021

We ordered Spinach ravioli, salmon with asparagus sauce, gnocchi & veggie pizza. All 4 dishes came out perfectly well and on time. The pizza was well done - thin & crisp - as it should be. Staff was fluent in English and attentive to us. There were over 15 patrons waiting to be seated as the evening went on, but we were never rushed.

We also tried Tiramisu and cheesecake. Highly recommend the Tiramisu. Brought back fond memories of Italy.

After many hits and misses during our extended stay in Tulum area, really glad to find a true gem. Will visit again soon.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank psh841
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed 22 January 2021

I ate here at least three times in Tulum in November 2020. It was especially convenient as I was staying in La Veleta. It gets very busy, so I recommend going early if you want to guarantee yourself a table, otherwise be prepared to wait outside from 5-25 minutes depending on how busy they are. Food is good and moderately priced. As a lover of prosciutto, their prosciutto di parma was really nice. Service can bit a bit slow, so you may have to wave your hand a few times. And on one visit there was a gentleman smoking inside which was a bit off-putting, but I guess so is the way in Tulum. Generally I'd recommend for an easy, nice meal if you're struggling to find somewhere to eat or if you're staying in La Veleta. I would go back there. I also made friends there with some other young Brits who were travelling which was nice :)

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 26 December 2020 via mobile

We were staying right down the road and really wanted a takeout on the day of our arrival. We ended up getting a pizza togo and it was fantastic. Prosciutto and mushrooms were on ours. It was a nice thin crust. 10/10 would recommend.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank travelmals
Reviewed 19 December 2020

I think the best pizza I have had outside of Italy. And I’m from NYC. So I loved the pizza. Service was lovely- cute italian staff. The burrata pizza...yummmmm. Thank you.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

The food and presentation is fabulous. The service is attentive, They even prepared a
pasta dish for me that was not on the nights menu. It is a must if you are looking for some Italian food.

Date of visit: November 2020