All reviews beach bag expensive bottle absolutely recommend staying here seaweed season private shower beach area genuinely kind rain shower ocean front welcome drink concierge service bed was very comfortable sliding glass rooms are huge watching the sunrise chilaquiles breakfast was delicious
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it was great place to stay. The perfect romantic getaway. The restaurant and drinks were delicious, the people were very nice and everything is perfect. Its a walking distance from the night life in tulum.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for share with us your review! We are so happy to know you had a great time at Tata. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Our warmest regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff were great, especially at the bar. We had a lot of great nights there. The hotel rooms are beautiful, however the seaweed problem is an issue. Tata cleans up the seaweed at the front of their hotel but the ones either side dont seem to be as pro active, The Hotel is about half way along the beach road so is well placed for the bars and restaurants to the south of the road, there are always taxis close by. The only real “bad” point was the intermittent and slow internet during inclement weather.

Room Tip: Closer to the beach and second floor.

Dear ChadJames,

On behalf of all our staff we appreciare your comments about your stay that help us to improve! We are happy to read you had a great stay at the Hotel. Unfortunately the seaweed is out of our hands and we clean as much as we can but all depends weather, now is so much better! We hope next time we have the opportunity to welcome you again and you can enjoy our beautiful beach.

Have a nice trip back home.

Kindly Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Phenomnal experience at Tata Tulum. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.The staff is incredibly friendly and very attentive! The food and drinks were great as well! We’ll be coming back for sure! Highly recommend!

Dear Traffanti,

On behalf of all the staff we thank you so much for share with us your review about your stay! We are very happy to know you liked the room, food, drinks but more the service, it is our pleasure to serve you! We really hope to have you as our loyal Guest and welcome you in a future.

have a nice trip back home.

Our warmest Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I must admit I was nervous after I booked as it was non refundable.
The reasons being:

A. The booking engine said my card would not be charged until check-in and I was charged 100% immediately.

B. The previous reviews of people saying there were a bunch of bugs in their rooms.

So with that said I was quite nervous, but I am so glad I chose Tata as my accommodations for my 3 night stay!

The staff is awesome, Diana (front desk), Luis (server at restaurant) and Blanca (bartender) are the ones that stand out but everyone there was so amazing, friendly and very helpful. I was traveling solo but always felt like I was with family while hanging out at Tata.
I stayed in room 31, I had a nice view of the pool/ beach area from by door. The room was cute, clean, comfortable and NO BUGS! Please understand that this is Tulum, the shower is screened in and has bamboo on the outside for privacy, there is a glass door that separates the shower from the bathroom area. Perhaps a gnat size bug may get through the screen but there is no infestation like bug issue. Trust me, if there was this review would be very different. I am a mosquito magnet so I carry Deet everywhere I go, so I was very surprised that I only had 1 or 2 mosquito bites.
The beds are comfy, they supply bottle water every day, breakfast is included in your rate and to my surprise it was NOT continental….you have a lot of options and it was very delicious.
The seaweed was the only issue and this is a problem for most of Mexico, and the Caribbean right now. Yes Tata is located in a little nook on the peninsula and there is a high concentration of seaweed where Tata is positioned but they clear out what’s directly in front of the hotel all day every day, the pool and beach area are still delightful and if you walk down the beach a mile or two toward BE Tulum, the seaweed isn’t as bad.
Have no doubt…..stay at Tata

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear JenJer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review about your stay at Tata. On behalf of Diana, Luis, Blanca and all the staff we appreciatehow you highlight the service, our main goal is always make you feel at home and we love to know we fulfill your expectations.

We are happy to know you liked the room and you did not have a problem with the bugs, as you mentioned the hotel is between the jungle and the beach side so bugs are normal but the rooms are safe of them, we fumigate the hotel keeping all the Eco Friendly standars.

We regret that during your stay the beach has seaweed, we work each day hard to keep it clean but unfortunately we can not control nature, now is so beautiful and the seaweed is gone! But we have the amazing beach side infinity pool for make your stay more enjoyable.

Jen, we really hope to have the opportunity to pamper and welcome you again at your home, Tata.

Have a nice trip back home.

Our warmest regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel a few weeks back and when we got to the hotel, the staff asked us if I had heard of the seaweed problem that was affecting Tulum and the other neighboring beaches. We asked how serious it was, and they told us that it wasn’t that bad and that you could still get in the water. When I went to see the beach, I discovered a mountain of seaweed on the sand piling up. Whereas other hotels were making efforts to take the seaweed out of the beach, the Tata Hotel did nothing to clean up the mess the whole time we were there.

After a couple of days when we were checking out, we asked to speak to the hotel manager to tell her that we were disappointed that no one had told us about the seaweed issue prior to our arrival and that we had not seen anyone cleaning the beach as other hotels were doing. The hotel staff told us that the manager was not there, that they didn’t know when she would arrive and refused to give us her contact information.

For a hotel that charges almost $300 a night, I expected a much better level of service. They were unapologetic about the situation, saying that it was a natural phenomenon they can't control. I understand that they can't control seaweed coming in, but they can definitely notify guests prior to their arrival, try to clean up the beach and at least share the manager's contact information. I have never stayed at a hotel were staff refuses a request to speak to the manager. (Reservation under Camila Ortiz de Zevallos)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
TataTulum, Gerente at Tata Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Camila,

First of all I would like to thank you for your preference at Tata and share your comments that help us to improve.

About the comments of the seaweed, the seaweed is totally out of our hands, unfortunately we can not control Nature and this problem is not just in Tata is around the Caribbean sea and more than 15 countries, we are working hard as a team with all the hotels in Tulum to control this problem, our location is one of the most beautiful in all the Tulum beaches, but as an small boutique Hotel and with some restrictions we can not take out the seaweed piles inmediatly, all are procees that we need to follow, but the beach was good to swim in and after a days the pile was gone.

We are one of a few Hotels in Tulum with personal working just to maintain clean our beach. We can not give an advice to our Guest about the situation of the seaweed because one day could be clean and the other not, all can change in 24 hrs.

As a manager of the Hotel I am informed of every situation with our Guest and front Desk let me know inmediatly about this and the problem was that you wanted a late check out without cost but we were unable to do that because our 100% occupancy that day, we regret that was an inconvinient, after that you told us the seaweed issue and you did your check out before i arrived that was i could not speak with you but all the time we will be taking care about all our Guest request.

We hope you can understand our situation and it will be a pleasure if you can give us another opportunity and enjoy this beautiful Hotel.

Nice trip back home.