Book In Advance
Tours from Mayans' Explorers tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Mayans' Explorers
from US$129.00
More Info
from US$129.00
More Info
All reviews cool tour mayan experience tour driver diego private tour big bus tours ek balam great tour mayan ruins zip lining day tour great driver small group knowledgeable guide highlight of our trip these guys sea turtles cenote swim
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came to Cancun on our honeymoon, we had been given the recommendation from two friends that had used Mayan Explorers when they were in Cancun and I have to say best decision I have ever made.

I choose to do the personal tour of chichen itza, our guide Luiz (may have spelt it wrong) was amazingly knowledgeable, knowing specific dates of when certain temples were built the significance of them and the chronological time line of when each piece of history came. He was able to answer every question I or my other half had and he made this part of the day extremely interesting.

We had Diego as our driver, he was wonderful not only a careful driver which put me at ease but also very caring, offering us lots of water, snacks and other refreshments.

We went to the cenota at chichen itza after seeing the temples which was very refreshing after walking around for two hours, Diego very kindly took videos and pictures of both me and my other half jumping in from the high ledge, which were great.

Finally we went to Ek Balam, which were more Mayan ruins but you are able to climb these to the very top once again Luiz was very knowledgeable and answered all questions that were asked. He then took us to the top of the main temple what a beautiful site.

I couldn't recommend them more if I tried.

Thanks for the trip guys.

MayansExplorers, Manager at Mayans' Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Paul, that is an awesome review. Thank you so so much! We love to hear our clientes appreciate our quality of guides, we are very careful with who we hire and we only want the best certified guides for our clients, so it's great to hear it makes a difference! Thanks again for your heartfelt recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mayan Explorers are by far the best company to explore the temples with, we went with friends they did not rush us around the temples and took in mind I am not able to walk fast. we stopped of for something local to eat which was by far the best food we ate in Mexico. I could not rate them they are so good and well worth the money you pay. Thank you so much for your help and consideration

MayansExplorers, Manager at Mayans' Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Sandra! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I'm super happy to hear you liked the pacing of our tour and that you never felt rushed, we think it's very important to allow for time to take things in, especially when getting so much information about it all at the same time. Delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and again, thank you so much for letting us know what you thought. Have a great rest of your holidays!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I have had two excursions with Mayan Explorers on both my trips to Cancun! So happy I made the decision to do so. My family and I loved it both times around. On this excursion I was privaleged to meet Edwin our tour guide and Diego our driver. However, I met Diego on my first excursion. Edwin was an amazing tour guide. He is so knowledgeable, professional, helpful and kind!Diego as the first kind and great driver. Also very helpful! I can go on and talk about my expierence but instead I'll encourage you to book with them! You'll feel safe at all time and learn so much! Definitely an expierence I wouldn't want to pass. Thank you Edwin and Diego from los compadres and family!

Hi Diana! Thank you so much for choosing us to take you out on two adventures! It was great to talk to you and plan these itineraries together and we're delighted that you had a great time with Diego and Edwin, they're definitely great guys! Feedback like this always encourages us to keep working hard and we're very grateful for it. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

The tour guide was very nice and informational. The driver also served as a personal body guard for me and my children. I definitely recommend this company!

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your guide and driver, may I ask what was missing for a 5-star review? We are a small family run company so feeback is always helpful to improve and we hope we can always offer nothing but great experiences to our clients. Please let us know if there is anything that you felt was missing or wasn't stellar so that we may improve. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We used Mayan Explorers based on a recommendation from a family friend who regularly goes to Playa de Carmen w their child. I was just traveling w my girlfriend and myself but we wanted to see Tulum and Coba and some Cenotes but not feel like a cow and be hearded around in one of those big buses where they don’t care about you. Lio our tour guide was amazing. He picked us up very early and got us into Tulum Park b4 anyone else was even allowed in there which was amazing bc we saw the most beautiful sunrise there plus we beat the extreme heat of Tulum. At Coba he was super knowledgeable and showed us things that you def wouldn’t have seen on a larger tour. And again we were able to get around much more quickly bc of Mayan Explorers contacts at the parks. My favorite part though prob was the authentic food we were taken to eat w our guide which we asked in advance to be included in our tour and they had no problem including. These were places I’d never find on my own and food and drinks I’d never known about. We had such a great time that we even contacted Mayan Explorers last minute to take us to explore some additional Cenotes on a rainy as well as show us some more eatery’s, again we were taken care of and couldn’t have asked for better service and can’t reiterate how much I recommend this company. Can’t wait to go back to playa and can’t wait to see my friends at Mayan Explorers

MayansExplorers, Owner at Mayans' Explorers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Meron! Thank you for your kind review. Glad you went with a private tour, it's definitely a different experience than those big tour buses! Thank you for your kind words about Lio, he is an amazing passionate guide and loves taking people like you out on these adventures. Glad to hear you liked the food too! That tour has some of the most authentic regional food. Thank you for your high praise, we work very hard for customers like you and it's always a treat to read it pays off. Hope to see you again some other time!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We booked through Mexico Sol Tours and had a great experience with Mayans' Explorers. We had a group of 34 adults, ages 7 months old to 80 years old and we were able to book a private tour to accommodate everyone. Because we were private they were flexible in allowing us to make changes to accommodate our group even last minute. We did the snorkel. unfortunately the waters were a bit choppy, but they were patient with our group which had many young (ages 7-11yo) new snorkelers. We were able to see 2 turtles and 3 sting rays pass us right by. The boat tour was outsourced to small snorkel boats so we had to take 3 to accommodate the number of snorkelers we had.

Then we had lunch at ziggys beach club - this was not included in the tour cost, which was fine because we opted out of the included restaurant due to a variety of diet preferences in our group.

Then we went on to do the Tulum tour. Our guides were excellent and knowledgeable. They were patient and split us up when we realized how slow the grandparents in the group would be in the heat of the afternoon. This allowed everyone to enjoy it at their own pace. It really was fantastic. the breadth of knowledge was great. The guides helped us take group family photos. At every stop of the vans we were offered small bottles of water and snacks (cookies, chips) to make sure we never went hungry. The were vigilant about counting and making sure we hadn't lost one of our 34 along the way between the three vans. The vans were comfortable and air conditioned. there was plenty of room for a little stretch. they also were wonderful about making sure we had car seats for the smallest kids in our group.

Also they were so brilliant - they offered us chilled baby wipes when we returned to the vans after walking around Tulum - those felt amazing after a couple hours in the heat!! Small thoughtful things like this make them a step above the rest.

I would highly recommend them, and would use them again for a future trip

Thank you so very much for your excellent review! Big groups are always a challenge so we work extra hard to make sure everyone has a great time and things flow as easily as possible. We are of course delighted to hear you had a great time with us! Thank you for trusting us to take you all out on an adventure, we were honored by the opportunity and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you again, for your kind thoughtful words and for taking the time to write this. Hope to see you all again soon!