All reviews casa ejido quiet neighborhood minute walk to the beach big supermarket spacious apartment cave restaurant great place to stay nice pool relaxing stay thatched roof reception staff air conditioner sized bed hot water taxi ride other guests coffee maker
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

A beautiful quiet hotel with friendly staff. It's approximately 20 minutes walk away from the bustling playa del Carmen centre and beach, which makes it perfect for a relaxing get away. There are lots of nice places to eat and a small supermarket close by if you don't want to venture into the centre. The staff are more than happy to help with any queries and to help you book any excursions at a much better price than what you get offered in the town. The double economy room is quite basic but has all you need (a shower, wardrobe, WiFi, fridge and a huge comfortable bed) breakfast is served daily and cooked by the lovely staff in the morning so you're awoken by some tastey smells wafting up to your room. Very happy staying here it felt like a home away from home.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freya J
vanessa j, Gerente at Apart Hotel Casaejido, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Freya, we are really happy to know that you felt at home in the Ejido hotel, we are very pleased that your stay has been comfortable and pleasant, we hope to see you soon to continue giving you the excellent service you deserve.
A hug from the whole team.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We really enjoyed our stay in the apartment. We had a sizable living area/kitchen, bathroom and a large bedroom with one queen bed and two twin beds. It was a few blocks from the office, but we never had any difficulties getting assistance; they always answered our many questions promptly and assisted us in getting a tour and a rental car set up. It is located in a quiet residential section of Playa del Carmen. There is a pizza place and a corner sandwich shop just down the street when you need a meal nearby. The pool area across from the reception is very pretty with tropical plants and hammocks. Breakfast was delicious the one day we ate the breakfast purchased from the hotel, but we found it more economical to go to Walmart and buy breakfast food to eat each morning in our apartment. You can walk to the tourist area or beach in about 20 mins or less than 100 pesos for a taxi. It was very clean and had everything we needed for the kitchen too. Our only complaint was the shower went back and forth from hot to cold, with seemingly no warm. All in all, we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela T
vanessa j, Manager at Apart Hotel Casaejido, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi Angela,

we really appreciate your comments
and we feeling proud to be a comfortably place for you
We hope to see you soon!
and to make better your next experience here,
remember follow us in social media
and visit our web

Best regards from Staff

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This place is very nice every year we go to playa we stay here at casaejido safe beautiful hotel the staff here is alway excellent and attentive to all are needs highly recommend it. The only negative is the WiFi in the rooms it’s either very low or it doesn’t connect to devices. Could use improvement.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 2KINGJ4

Hello!

Thank you very much for your punctuation
and of course for your kind comments
we are working hard for give always tou our guests the best experience
we hope to see you soon!

Best regards from all of us

Reviewed 14 August 2018

The staff was very nice and even escorted me over to my room on arrival. They were helpful in getting me taxis, local food, etc. The Wifi was not working when I first arrived but was taking care of promptly. Overall I would recommend. Oh, I'd probably get a kitchenette the next time I go.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
vanessa j, Manager at Apart Hotel Casaejido, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hello Jhmrn,

we really recommend you stay in a studio the next time, is a little bit bigger and more comfortably,
also it got a kitchenette....remember to visit our web site to get the best rates.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This was a bit of a strange holiday. We arrived at the airport expecting to be greeted by a man holding a sign with our name on – it didn’t happen.

There was a huge storm and we waited around for an hour and half. A man let me use his phone (he was in a suit from some taxi company) – I called Vanessa who I believe is the owner. The line was bad and she said to speak to yellow taxi’s. I spoke to ALL the taxi companies and no one has our details.

We were stuck.

A man now called back and said the taxi was going to be three hours due to the storm and the hotel would refund the taxi price and to just get on there.
We paid $100 USD to get to the hotel. We had no choice – the man I had booked with Vanessa wasn’t there – he wasn’t holding the sign like she sent me in the email.
Basically, it was a scam. Vanessa had absolutely no sympathy at the situation and was shouting at me on the phone. WHY DIDN’T THE TAXI MAN SHE BOOKED ARRIVE LIKE HE WAS MEANT TO? WE WAITED 1.5 HOURS!!!

She had absolutely no sympathy.

Moving on from this, the hotel is nice and very clean. The staff are lovely, informative and friendly. Apart from the two fat women.
We priced up some trips. Went back to book with reception the following day to book. They wanted the price quoted for three trips, for one. They then asked if ‘the skinny girl’ gave us those prices. Yes she had. Then she rolled her eyes and pulled a face to her other over weight colleague and spoke in Spanish.

AT THIS POINT IT WAS CLEAR THEY JUST WANTED TO RIP US OFF TOO!!! If more of your staff were genuine and honest like ‘the skinny girl’ you would MAKE MORE MONEY!!! Instead I made sure I told all other guests how you tried to rip us off.
I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO LOOK 3 TRIPS AND YOU WOULD HAVE HAD THE MONEY. I DIDN’T OUT OF PRINICLE.

Cleaners, cooks, the young ‘skinny girl’ and the men on reception are great. I think we just had a bad experience. Made to feel like we are constantly being conned. It’s a shame really things could have been perfect.

Some of the staff are an absolute credit but you need to try and ask the other two ladies to hide the fact they are trying to scam the tourists for as much money as they can, rather than doing an honest price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SShaw90
vanessa j, Gerente at Apart Hotel Casaejido, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear madam,

I am so glad that you were happy with most of the team and were comfortable at Casaejido.

I told you when you called me to NOT take any other service, and you hung up on me saying you could not hear me!!!!!!! we know that they scam people at the airport, and I told you this on the phone, also in the email we sent you confirming your shared shuttle from the airport. After the hotel prepaying your transportation service you cannot ask us to pay for a service that YOU decided to take, because at that moment it was easier for you to take a private service (at double the price we charge if you had booked a private service with us) instead of waiting for the shared shuttle you had booked and not even paid for yet!!! (Keep in mind we never charged you this service)

As for tours we have all the prices on a list in your room, so I don´t really know how the skinny girl you are talking about could rip you off, she was a helper and was on trial (or maybe she gave you the wrong price as she was on trial and had no idea?)...so I honestly don´t understand.

All our tours are much cheaper than downtown as we have rack prices and we also have big discounts for all the parks.

I am really sorry that your holiday started so badly, but really you cannot expect the hotel to pay for a transportation that you chose to take and for this reason acuse us of ripping you off.

We are sorry also that you had to spend your holiday telling all the other guests how our hotel MADE you pay 100 usd for a private service at the airport and that it is our fault!!

Best regards and all the team wish you better luck in the future :-)