All reviews private pool mamita's beach kool beach club penthouse unit location is great convenience store fifth ave swim up bar oxxo pdc concierge
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I was just at Aldea Thai for the weekend and all I can say is that my stay was amazing. The location was perfect because it was really close to restaurants, clubs, pharmacies and convenience stores. In fact, it was at walking distance from all of that.

If you are staying in a large group, I would definitely recommend Aldea Thai, especially in a Master Suite. The rooms are spacious and equipped with all the kitchen appliances, and the Master has a private pool and nice outdoor area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

1) The street at the valet entrance was blocked by cones. There were no hotel signs directing you were to park or valet. There was also a policeman on motorcycle blocking access to the street. I drove around to the parking garage only to be told I needed to check in first. I explained that the street was blocked. The garage attendant reluctantly called the front desk. Supposedly they couldn’t find my reservation. I was told I had to go to the front desk. I was able to convince the police to let me and my car through.2) They found my reservation at the entrance to the hotel, as my name was on a list given to security for access.3) Checkin was in a small office. They proceeded to issue numerous warnings for my one night stay; if you lhave loud music we will cut off your electricity...if you don’t clean your dishes we will charge you...if you don’t come back to the office to checkout and return the bracelet we will charge you...if you smoke in the room we will charge you...etc.4) The room was nice, clean and spacious.5) The pool is disgusting, poorly maintained, dirty and gross.6) I couldn’t charge my drinks poolside to my room. The questionable DJ/Bartender literally told me I needed to pay cash before I left the pool area.7) The music was nonstop ragaeton until I asked the rude DJ to change it. I’m pretty sure he just loved that music, so he was visibly upset that I suggested other genres. 8) The internet network given to me at reception never appeared in the available WiFi connections and the password did not work with available networks in same hotel. 9) The employees don’t smile. In fact I was left feeling like a burden to them.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We stayed in Aldea Thai for 5 weeks in a two bedroom condo. The architecture is so peaceful. The two reception desk employees were the greatest. Juan and the lady with the beautiful smile (Sorry,I have placed her name in a safe place but can't remember where, ha). The were so kind and helpful, always a kind greeting and conversation. The complex and condo was extremely clean and repairs were on going being proactive. We rented from Playamoments; Luna was great with our reservations and Sergio, the concierge, was ever present and always inquiring if everything was satisfactory. Our only complaint is that our balcony did not have chairs and we had to move our dining room chairs in and out to view the scenery and enjoy the beautiful weather. We were going to go to Walmart and purchase our own chairs. I understand that the condos have many administrators thus it is their call but balconies are built to accommodate chairs.

Room Tip: The condo/hotel became loud on weekends when the younger crowd arrived, however we understand as we were once young.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnie B
Reviewed 20 February 2018

If you want a party scene that is run down with a pool that isn't clean this is the place for you. Every night I woke up from loud people outside our place. Your balcony view is dumpsters, the other hotels staff taking their break looking at you and of course another hotel. Also, the scuba shop next to you drops off their oxygen tanks early every morning so you hear that as well. Don't forget if you have neighbors you can hear everything from footsteps upstairs to conversations next door. My daughter and I stayed at 1135 Studio which is on the ground floor.
You need to pay 450 pesos a day to use the beach. You get the money back if you purchase food from beach area.
I told management that I was going to be writing this review and he didn't seemed to be surprised at all. The room itself doesn't feel clean at all. There was construction at our hotel at the pool area and each property around us had construction all day and the club music starts around 11AM downstairs. Worst vacation ever!!! Any good reviews on here have to be the owners of their own properties. Everyone I spoke to said they would never come back. If you booked this place, I highly recommend rebooking somewhere else, because you'll need a vacation from your vacation

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kysa E
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Let me preface this review with the fact that I understand this is a condo/hotel and each unit is not owned by the same entity. I get it. However, this review pertains to overall amenities and atmosphere and as such, I believe it belongs here and not on another branch of owner related reviews.
First, the good: location is great. Literally a block from the beach. On the ground floor are really reasonably priced restaurants and even a convenience store which is, well, convenient. There’s a Subway and Starbucks around the corner for those who may be on the less adventurous side of dining. Our unit (213) was clean, close to the pool and had a kitchen. The kitchen had all the usual pots and pans, etc, we even had a water dispenser in our room. Oddly, no coffeemaker. That was kind of annoying tbh, since that’s basically the first thing you want when you wake up. That’s when the convenience store came in handy. The first few nights were quiet, and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony and hearing the waves. The guy that deals with the rental of this particular unit was really, really cool and couldn’t have been nicer (Hi Renzo!)
There is a bar at the pool that serves drinks and food, so if you are just lounging around, it’s easy to get some grub. Reasonably priced for a hotel also. We never had an issue finding a spot at the pool but we were also there by about ten thirty and it did fill up by about eleven. Limited pool side chairs and umbrellas so if you want shade, get there by ten thirty.
Now, the not so amazing:
The property itself looks like it could use some TLC. As previously mentioned, pool tiles are missing (hard to replace without shutting down the pool, I understand, but you know, it looks like crap) the lounge chairs by the pool have obviously had some cheap attempts to repair them that hasn’t worked out too well. There seems to be general ongoing construction. Based on prior reviews from months ago, it’s still happening. Again, I get that reno’s need to happen but 2 chainsaws whilst at the pool is annoying, not to mention the fine dust covering everything when they are done. When could they do reno’s if not during the day? Good question and I am afraid I haven’t the answer. But I do think they should point out the ongoing construction prior to taking your money at full price.
However the real issues began on Thursday night. Don’t forget, this is a condo so that means entitled, spoiled,bratty, loud young adults inundate the place for the weekend. And they are looking to party. Until 5 am as it turns out. FOR TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW. They were blasting their music, partying in the hallways and yelling from balcony to balcony. I guess none of them know anything about acoustics, or even more disappointing, couldn’t care less. Thank god we left on Saturday morning, I couldn’t take another night of no sleep. I can only assume the parties continued on Saturday night.
So we were doing just fine until the rowdies showed up. And man, were they loud. Like all day, all night, loud. As far as I can tell, the front desk simply doesn’t care. I get that there is only so much they can do “in the moment” but how about, since it should have a condo cooperation, three strikes and you’re out? Three noise complaints for the same unit and you cant rent it out anymore? Something like that would most likely stem the ridiculous noise, well, I would hope anyways.
So all in all, if you are looking to for some R&R, you will get it here. But only Monday to Wednesday. After that, expect to be kept awake all night.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple