“Expensive ”
Review of Xcaret Park

Xcaret Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xcaret (pronounced eesh - carette )is a must-see destination while visiting Cancun and Riviera Maya, situated only 37 miles from Cancun International. Xcaret," Mexico ’s sacred paradise" was opened in December 1990 as an eco-archeological park where visitors from all over the world can enjoy the splendor of Mexico’s biodiversity and cultural heritage. Attractions: Underground Rivers, Beach, lagoon & pools, Tropical Jungle Trail, Rotating Scenic Tower.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Great place. Confusing processes for lockers and life jackets. Expensive. But a great day all the same.

3  Thank Robski67
Fravelo F, Customer Service at Xcaret Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Visitor.

Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to our eco-archeological park Xcaret. We appreciate the time you take to let us know your impressions, all your comments help us to detect growing-areas and remain in continuous improvement.

We invite you to visit our other parks like Xel-há, Xplor, Xenses and Xoximilco, and our tours in the Riviera Maya Xenotes Oasis Maya and Xichen.

Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (38,069)
All reviews
in 2,183 reviews
"lockers"
in 1,238 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We toured the park during the day (1 day only) and then returned at night for the Mayan show (2 hrs long).

The day time adventures offered a lot to see and learn about the Mayan heritage. We did a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes. After the first couple of hours we were getting very hot and decided to do the lazy river which goes thru a lot of tunnels. The lazy river is very long but very refreshing. We took the lazy river to the end and then continued our adventures to see the aquarium zoo. We really enjoyed checking out the sea turtles. After that we returned to our resort which was the Xcaret resort so walking distance of minutes. We had dinner and relaxed until we returned for the nigh show. I thought the price was a little high for the park but after seeing the 2 hour long show I understood. The show was amazing. I don't know if I would go to the park for the day again but I definitely would do the show again. Why not the park in the day again? I've done this type of stuff so many times that I am good, unless I have grandkids or with another couple and they want to go then I will

3  Thank Guy D
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Try seatrek: Helmet on head and walking on bottom of ocean. Just wonderful experience. Swim with dolphins, rays, snorkel with fish. See animals all over. River ride for less adventurous. Place is fun for everyone in family. Lockers all over the place and free to use.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

The park is amazing, nature everywhere, the under ground rivers, we did snorkeling, enjoy the restaurants beach front, great place I will need to return to swin with shark's

1  Thank Mario J
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Great park with an natural river that runs under ground and through caves, etc. you float through the river which runs throughout the park. Water shoes are a good idea, but they provide flippers if you want them. Also, lunch and snorkeling was included with our tour. They have animals which were cool, but I will not give it a 5 because it really disturbed me the way they kept the manatees. There were two very large manatees in a very small space. They had another one by himself in another small pool. The turtle exhibit was a lot better and much more room for them. Maybe they should put the manatees in with the turtles?? The poor tapir was all by himself in an exhibit that wasn’t large as well and it looked depressed. I would be too if I was taken from a lush rainforest and stuck in a small space all by myself and only a few trees. They did such an great job on the other exhibits (using natural rock, making things look authentic, the turtles, etc) that the manatees and tapir were a disappointment. The shows were really good especially the second one with Mexican dancing. I was told by a native Mexican that they cut the show by 30min and cut out a few regions. I think including all the regions would have made it more authentic. I would have enjoyed seeing the other regions. It is a good excursion and really gives you a taste of Mexican culture.

1  Thank CdnNCarolina