“Cenote Xperience provides incredible introduction to cenote diving”
Review of Cenote Xperience

Cenote Xperience
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a team of experienced Dive Instructors, Cave Divers and Videographers, offering the best diving experience in the cenotes and coral reefs in the Riviera Maya, Mexico.Cenote Xperience provides the safest and most custom tailored way to enjoy cenote diving from first-timers to experienced cave divers.We are passionate about the cenotes and we want to share our passion with you. Our clients rate the dives that we provide to be at the very top of their diving experiences.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 September 2018

My wife and I recently traveled to Playa del Carmen with a group of friends to spend a couple of days diving with Cenote Xperience. The entire crew at Cenote Xperience was just great. Carlos, our personal guide, was friendly, knowledgeable, and a very experienced cenote diver. I can say the same about Nico and Matias, the other guides diving with our extended group. They came to pick us up at our hotel each morning on time and ready to go. Travel to and from the dive sites was not stressful because our guides were adept at navigating the occasionally frenetic traffic between Playa and Tulum. The crew were all clearly experts in cenote diving and instilled a sense of confidence in our group prior our first dive beneath the jungle. They provided us with dive lights that functioned well for the duration of each dive. Upon hooking up my regulator on the first morning I found that my SPG had been damaged in transit. The guys quickly jumped into action and found me a replacement so I could do the dives. That alone was great- but they even offered to let me borrow the gauge for the next week while diving in Cozumel. I found a replacement for the gauge, but thought the offer was above and beyond what was required of a dive operation- very considerate! Dive briefings were thorough and really helped prepare us for what was to come. The diving itself almost defies description. During our two days on the peninsula we dove Cenotes Eden, Manati, Car Wash, and Tajma-ha. All of the dives were memorable. Each cenote has unique characteristics- haloclines, mangrove roots, water lilies, stunning shafts of light piercing the water. I've been diving regularly for more than twenty years and can honestly say Cenote Tajma-ha was one of the most profoundly beautiful sights I've ever seen- above or below water. Snacks and lunch were provided each day, and options included vegetarian, spicy, and non-spicy (I recommend the spicy). At the end of the first day the crew took all of our gear back to their shop and hung up our wetsuits to dry overnight (they didn't "force" you to leave your gear with them, but we all happily accepted the invitation). The next morning they pulled up to our hotel with all the gear loaded up and our wetsuits dry. I've not nothing but glowing reviews for the team at Cenote Xperience. I worked as a Divemaster for a number of years and can honestly say that they are exemplary of the way a dive operation should be managed. Can't wait to return!!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank sthunt77
Cenotexperience, Propietario at Cenote Xperience, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hunter! Thank yoy very much for such detailed review, we really appreciatte it a lot! It was great to share couple of days with you, your wife and the rest of the group, the magic and beauty of the cenotes!!

We all look forward to see you soon down here!

Nico & Cenotexperience Staff!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I chose to do two dives in the Dos Ojos cenote and had the best time! I was picked up at exactly the pick up time and taken to the dive shop. From there we went to the Dos Ojos cenote and started the dives. Martin was my dive guide. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, safe, and fun. The dives were amazing. The structures in the cave were awe inspiring, and I felt like a real explorer. I had only dived in the ocean before, so I was a little bit nervous about diving in the cenote, but Martin made me feel extremely comfortable and safe. After the first dive, we had a tasty lunch and hung out for a bit. Then we went on the second dive, which was also amazing, especially the bat cave! Martin and I were the only ones in the bat cave part, and it was magical. I would highly recommend Cenote Xperience to anyone who wants to explore the cenotes. They really know what they're doing and know how to create a great experience!

1  Thank rroberts2222
Cenotexperience, Propietario at Cenote Xperience, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thanks a lot Rebecca for your great review and feedback! It was a pleasure to meet you and dive the cenotes with you, and we hope to receive you down here next time you visit the area!

All the best!

Martin & Cenotexperience Staff!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

After several days of ocean diving in 83 degree waters, it was a refreshing experience to dive the fresh water of the cenotes. Matia was our guide and wow! can that guy hover in water like no one I've ever seen! Such an amazing time diving through the caves, safely following the marked guide lines. So tranquil and beautiful and "untouched". The water was so perfectly clear with not a fragment floating about that it sort of felt like you were in a cave with no water. Will definitely come back to do this again.

2  Thank jecassidy

Thanks a lot for your preference and your amazing review! We are very happy that you enjoy the incredible submerged beauty of the Yucantan with us!

Nani & all the staff of Cenotexperience!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Me and 7 other divers went with Martin and mateo. Martin was an excellent guide very knowledgeable and friendly. He had amazing knowledge about the cenotes and was awesome to dive with. I highly recommend this company and i will use them again if i ever go back.

2  Thank kellybelly56
Cenotexperience, Propietario at Cenote Xperience, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Many thanks Kelly for your positive comments! It is very important for us to keep improving as a dive shop an instructors!
We all look forward to see you nex time you come down here!

Martin & Cenotexperience Staff!