Ocean Riviera Paradise
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$385
US$293
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$334
US$258
Barcelo.com
US$733
US$303
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
US$237
US$194
US$833
US$519
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$277
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$879
US$747
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$15,600
US$275
US$267
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$615
4,421 results
All reviewsblue mooneden poolprivilege loungepez velafoam partyprivilege restaurantla locandadaisy buildingpiano barprivilege gueststeen clubmike's coffeethe ice cream shopprivilege beachbeach poolcrepesadult pool
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This resort is a great all-inclusive. The buffet has an awesome variety and every bit of it tastes really good from breakfast to dinner. Our room was immaculately clean and bed was very comfortable. The nice thing about hotels here is the walls are concrete so you don't hear the adjoining room. Beautiful tiling and modern décor made this place top notch. We took advantage of the beachside massages. They are not part of the resort, but only cost $30 for an amazing hour. It is best to book excursions with the fellow at the little table in the back of the lobby. We booked this resort through Vacation Express/Sunwing and they were very professional using the transportation. Check in was easy. The only complaints would be the constant approach for sales by Premium lodging. Also, the restaurants didn't seem to follow the hours listed on the check in. But there are plenty of choices when one doesn't work out.

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Teresa H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As an H10 Member, I look at the H10 properties a little differently. I want to make sure our investment is well taken care of. This is our second time at this property and just as happy as our first time. A few improvements were made after the initial opening (pavers and walk-ways). Our view this year was much better than last. Last year we were in the Master Suite/Privilege building with a view of the tropical forest. You needed to go to the rooftop for the view. This year, we were ocean front in Eden which was excellent! Gorgeous view! The Eden building has the only true ocean views. Every other building has either pool or tropical forest view.

The Executive Chef at this property is hands down the best we've seen. Food is fantastic and presentation top notch. Congratulations to the F&B Department for a great job. Waitstaff is extremely attentive and friendly. Their recommendations never disappointed. I have to say, Eduardo in the Mexican Restaurant was our favorite. He worked an extra shift in the Steak House and made sure our experience there was just as fun as the Mexican. Our kids went back to see him in the Mexican our last night when my husband and I went to Blue Moon. They asked for him specifically! Thank you Eduardo for taking care of them!

Daniel, our Butler/Concierge was knowledgeable with things to do in the area. Gave us advice about heading over to Cozumel to visit. We had a great time. Always checking in on us. Thank you!

Bartenders all around were fun and quick. Daniel and Angelo were constantly on the move. Daniel, you deserve that Supervisor position. Good luck!

Entertainment staff worked hard to keep the guests moving and happy. Kassandra, you are the best! Thank you for everything. Our kids loved you. Go see the theater shows. The staff works so hard to entertain and it shows. We were there for the Lion King premier. Excellent! Last year we were there for the Broadway Show premier.

Our only complaint is the smoking. Something needs to be done to eliminate that issue. Smoking/Vaping should not be allowed anywhere except for designated areas. Most guests were considerate and did move away from guests. Unfortunately, there were a few who didn't care, even if there were next to kids poolside. This is something that should be looked into and resolved.

Overall, fantastic property and staff! Thank you for another amazing family vacation!

Room Tip: Eden has the best views and the only ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was at this hotel with my daughter for a week with a group of 17 family members to celebrate my sister’s 10 year wedding vow renewal. I have traveled extensively, including a handful of times to Mexico. I have never seen anything as disgusting as this beach or experienced worse customer service than I did here. They lost our luggage the first day between the lobby and our room resulting in my daughter and I being unable to attend my aunt’s 70th birthday dinner the first night. We essentially missed the first day of our vacation because we had no clothes. We were never compensated for our missed vacation day and management gave me the complete run around for the remainder of our weeklong stay. I requested that they comp my $300 spa bill, which they declined to do. That seemed completely reasonable considering what our family paid to stay at the hotel for the week, not to mention, the money we spent at the resort during our stay.
The beach has feet thick (not inches, but feet) of seaweed that the hotel does not maintain or remove. I have pictures to prove it. You must wade through it to get to the ocean. Once you do, there are sharp rocks in the water that cut your feet unless you’re wearing shoes or thick aqua socks. No thank you! The beach is a safety hazard and the pictures of the beach on the hotel website are NOT reality at all. It’s false advertising at its best! If you’re like me and you come on vacation to be in the ocean, then prepare to be extremely disappointed. In fact, I had to pay to go back to Cancun for a day just to go in the ocean. We visited Cancun’s public beach, which was gorgeous compared to the beach at this hotel. I traveled all this way to sit by the pool and receive terrible customer service. It was so bad that I’m seriously considering consulting an attorney when I return home to see about my legal rights for reimbursement. There are plenty of nice hotels and resorts to choose from in Cancun and Playa del Carmen, and this is NOT one of them! If I can save one poor traveler the headache and stress I experienced here, then taking the time to write this review is well worth it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The ocean riviera paradise is the best hotel!! All staff is very friendly in the buffet sebastian and carltos was great and victor, aldemir and juan carlos to bars are amazing the hotel have a delicious food, and funny activities. Monica to restaurants was wonderfull

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Eleni M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed my experience here. All the staff was approchable and friendly. They help us find great tour for great rates. Our bartender Victor was great and funny. It’s great for kids and single. They offer so much activities. And our host Monica was amazing.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends