Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
BEST KEPT SECRET

We found HTL rentals on youtube and the reviews were spot on with a few changes. The prices have... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Chris H
Atlanta, Georgia
Great way to experience the whole island affordably on your own schedule

So convenient, great price and service. Dropped the car off at the hotel and picked it up when we... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
robertfR2419FV

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from US$77.55
from US$74.00
from US$70.77
from US$30.00
More Info
All reviews scooter rental rental experience liability insurance insurance included rental service luis diaz rental house fun driving rented jeeps these guys ferry port pay cash explore the island highly recommend this company explained everything playa del carmen visit cozumel
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

I called from my hotel to have a car delivered. Joel was waiting patiently when I showed up in the parking lot 10 minutes late, and he didn’t mind at all. He spoke excellent english, explained everything very clearly, and didn’t rush me at all. The inspection was meticulous, and he didn’t mind that we pointed out every tiny mark we saw; he wrote them all down on the inspection paper and gave us a copy. He gave us great advice about keeping distance from the curbs here, they are tall and will destroy the front of the car if you pull all the way into a parking space, like I do in the USA.

They also picked the car up at my hotel. We had an arranged a time, and when I didn’t see them at that time I called the office, again excellent english there. They told me he was delayed 3 to 5 minutes, and when Joel and his partner arrived they stopped out on the street, understandably they are not allowed to drive to where I was standing at the hotel concierge desk out of consideration of the other hotel guests, and they ran (yes RAN) to greet me and apologize for the 5 minute delay.
Checkout was painless, be sure to have your same card present, and completed in minutes.

I was hesitant not to use my usual big name rental company for 3X the cost because of some of the negative reviews here, but my experience was excellent; I will be using HTL again.

Reviewed 8 June 2021

They are really great and friendly. The cars are nice. They provide you with a detail map to get around and they led to our best thing to do on Cozumel. Will return.

1  Thank Crazymom6667
Reviewed 5 June 2021

We only rent from HTL! Luis is just fantastic to work with. He obviously has pride in his company and goes above and beyond to make sure things go smoothly. Here are a few of the ways that he was wonderful:
- Our plane was late and I messaged him using the WhatsApp to let him know we might need to pick up the care the next day but he very graciously extended his hours that night to accommodate us.
-He offered his garage (on the same street as the office) so that we could park and explore when we were in town without the hassle of finding parking.
-Luis was very responsive to our messages - replied within minutes to each one.
-Spoke fluent English BUT also tolerated my Spanish (trying to learn) with grace.
-Has the simplest explanation of what the included insurance covers and what your cost is if you damage the car (honestly, I have never seen it so simply laid out and the deductibles were so reasonable - much better than US car insurance)
-HONEST and just an overall wonderful business owner. We had no issues and no concerns.
-Cars were obviously well maintained and in such good condition.
-No surprise charges. Website has costs laid out and that's exactly what you get.
In case you are using the ferry: the shop and cars are ONE BLOCK from the ferry. So easy.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

We rent a moto yesterday. We found them as soon as we drop off from the ferry.
As soon as we asked for the moto the guy took as till their office (2 blocks far), explain all procedures with a contract.
No concerns regarding service at all.

1  Thank MIFTZ
Reviewed 30 May 2021

Everyone was super friendly and helpful! Beach Buggy (Jeep) was 65$ with insurance and everything 1500$ which is a very fair price! They also tell u its okay to take pictures or videos before you take the car and when we dropped it off it was checked fast.

I really appreciated this experience. All the employees seem very genuine & trustworthy. It they try their best to make u have a nice experience! 10/10 would recommend.

Date of experience: May 2021