2,003 results
All reviews scuba du outdoor shower reef room alfredo di roma le cap el caribeno fish best hotel on the island dive shop main restaurant breakfast buffet tennis courts adult pool outdoor restaurant ocean view private beach hotel property
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I paid a great deal for a "suite" with an ocean view. This is just a large room --not a suite--and my "view" is this roof top with a bit of ocean blocked by the buildings & trees. Upon walking into the room I was bummed and went down and asked for a change of rooms. They are apparently full and I need to spend 3 of my 5 nights in this room and then they can move me.

Super disappointed that they are taking advantage of this awful ugly roof top view with that bit of ocean to make more money off the room.

Super disappointed in their version of the word suite.

I will end saying the food has been great on site & housekeeping staff very friendly.

Wish Cozumel could appreciate the amazing views they have been blessed with by getting some people that know architecture and good design aesthetics for designing their spaces.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jlogans
Andres G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviewing us about your stay.

We are glad that you enjoyed the food and that the staff was friendly during your stay.

We hope you will visit us once more in a near future.

Regards from sunny Cozumel,

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Thank you el Presidente for a fine dining, first class, relaxed and memorable vacation! Our family will certainly return immediately following your upcoming planned renovations. Our stay was beyond enjoyable and restful. The entire staff (especially Gerardo on the beach) was superb! We loved the food, service and onsite Scuba Du dive center. On our last evening, we throughly enjoyed our private beach dining experience with bonfire, s'mores and the company of new friends. Again, thank you for an amazing Spring Break Vacation! Can't wait to return!

Room tip: Choose either an ocean front or an ocean view suite room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are honored you choose us to spend your spring break vacations, I´m glad that you enjoyed your time at Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa.

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us.

We will be glad to see you once more,

Reviewed 22 March 2016

We just got back from a family Spring Break to COZ, this time at El Presidente. We've been to the island about 20 times, sometimes several times a year, and I almost can't believe this was our first to El Presidente. Mostly stay at the IA's. The reviews are typically spot-on and the quality of the experience is everywhere. We are a combo SCUBA / Snorkel family. Service by Scuba Du fantastic, onsite, and the location gives you by far the best shore snorkel we've experienced on the island for those who do not dive. Also have snorkel boats available at the resort. Two nicely roped-in snorkel areas we saw quality fish, good coral, fab sea fans, sting rays, big fish and even a gorgeous spotted Eagle Ray who took a double run by us, amazing. That's pretty rare for a shore snorkel.

Rooms were very nice, super clean and A/C awesome but as you might read are in need of a refresh. We talked to the GM and saw the prototype of the new beach front room, they will be amazing. Every room in the resort will be renovated. According to staff the resort is planned to be closed about 5/5/2016 to about 7/8/2016 for major construction/renovation, and I said HOW? 2 months for such a big project. Evidently 700+ construction workers planned to be onsite to build new amenities, renovate rooms, new POOL, restaurant, etc...

If this place was good last week (it was), imagine how good it will be at re-opening. Should be amazing.

If you are considering a trip prior to renovation, I would not necessarily put it off. You can probably get a good deal and as it stands, it is still the best hotel experience in Cozumel, at least as of last week.

Food was outstanding. We drank, ate and snacked everywhere on the resort and had ZERO issues with stomachs or elsewhere. Breakfast buffet was fantastic daily and it started the day off right. All prices in PESOS and at first, I thought it was going to get expensive and I stopped doing too much math, but honestly it turns out the 'expensive food' reviews are overrated. At check-out, I was pleased to be presented a bill for about half of what I had mentally budgeted for food, beverages, and beach service. Was it cheap? No. Are you cheap? No.

Overall it's the best place to stay on the island and we're glad we finally found it.

3  Thank MO-Pepto-Bismo
Andres G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I´m glad you enjoyed our fabulous beach and Restaurants, as the attentive staff at the scuba diving shop, I will gladly share your comments with them.

Our goal is to make customer's' stay memorable, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Andres Garcia Ricard

Reviewed 21 March 2016

The best part of the hotel are the beaches. They had three. A central cove and two separate beaches on either side separated by the main dining area and the dive store.

The hotel had rooms located a few steps from the beach. We had one such room with a door that lead to a small veranda with beach chairs. Then down a palm tree laden path, directly to the beach. Just marvelous!

The hotel is old and desperately in need of a renovation and ought not to have a five star rating. And it is very over-priced. But it does have a pleasant old world charm. The rooms on the beach have a relaxing view of swaying palm trees. If it rains, the roof of the main restaurant leaks in some areas, so beware! It might just be raining on your table. While the water in the ocean was on the cool side, their main swimming pool is heated. So that was nice.

But the best part of the hotel is its dive shop, Scuba Du. They’ve got their dive operation designed for the convenience of hotel guests. All one needs to do is sign up for the dives and leave your gear with them. They ensure that your gear is on the boat that you’ve been assigned to. Someone assembles your tank before the dive. And after the first dive, even before one can think about changing tanks, someone has done it for you. At the end of the dive, simply leave your gear on the boat and Victor washes and dries it, and ensures it is on the boat the next day.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. They try and make up for the run down state of the building.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms with beach access
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Ma ‘álob k’iin

Thank you for choosing Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay.

I´m glad you enjoyed your stay at our Resort, we will be waiting for your next visit to Cozumel.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

I have stayed at Presidente three (3) times in the past 23 years. I believe it is the best because
A) It is not all-inclusive - you have freedom
B) Service, Amenities, Rooms, restaurants all excellent
C) Located close to town but isolated so you feel the resort atmosphere
D) Excellent Dive shop on site
E) Located directly on the beach with two (2) sandy coves and easy water access with snorkeling

I have seen this resort more than double in size over the years. We stayed in one of the newer rooms 5207, which had vaulted ceilings (I highly recommend even over a walk out room) nice patio area and was close to the lobby (some rooms are quite a walk away). Air-conditioning kept the room cold and did so whisper quiet. Housekeeping did an excellent job everyday. Bell man, concierge, and pool side service (especially Guillermo) were top notch. Scuba-Du dive staff is excellent, very professional, you can go more aggressive or cheaper but not better than this operation

This time we were here it was at relatively low occupancy, so infrastructure was not really stressed. I did have some concerns / minor issues. The shower handle fell off the first use. I don't blame housekeeping they can't always find these things, I blame the previous occupant for not informing the hotel. Well, I told the front desk day 1 and on Day 7 - still broken. Coffee is provided in the lobby early in the morning but only one carafe of regular, decaf and hot water. Problem is one large group comes thru fills up their cups and then you have to tell the concierge, and wait until someone comes form the kitchen with a fresh pot (put out 2 pots guys and check frequently). Printer was out of ink when I went to print boarding passes and front desk could not replace cartridge (although they did offer help form the concierge who was not there yet). Wanted to eat at Alfredo, had no reservation, was told it was booked. Ate at Napa next door, well we had a long dinner and I watched to see if the tables would fill up at Alfredo - there were always at least 3 tables empty - so I could not figure out why we were steered to Napa.

Small complaints and simple to fix. I will return.

One nagging problem of all resorts and I voice it every time. They need to find a way to stop the people that come down early and throw a towel and a book on a chair to "reserve it" and then go away for hours! I do come down at 6AM get my cup of coffee and read. BUT what is see is others that pick up a towel and drop it on a chair and then disappear for hours to eat breakfast, go diving - whatever. I have even seen people "reserve" chairs this way at both the pool and beach. We need a one hour rule of something like that.

Room tip: Top floor, near the lobby
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your preference to our Resort.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa with the care of our friendly staff.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay in order to offer you a better experience next time.

We hope you to see you once more.

Regards from sunny Cozumel,