“Exceeded expectations!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lp32793
Lowell, Arkansas
“Relaxing old Cancun”
Reviewed 4 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

This condo is in All Ritmo Resort and Water Park located in the old section of Cancun rather than the Hotel Zone. Jaime picked us up at the airport and because someone in the room we reserved decided to stay longer, we stayed in another room but he compensated us by not charging us for airport pick up and drop off and gave us $20. We stayed in #302 which was quiet and comfortable and ocean view. TV didn't work and we used the same towels all week. We ate breakfast many days on the property for $7.50 and ventured out for evening meals. Within walking distance was Kulkan with great grilled seafood. Hopping on a Collectivo to Marbella's - $4 for appetizer, entree, fresh fruit juice, dessert.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: oceav view & sunrises
Liked least: older unit that could have been cleaner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Buddykins...
Melbourne
“Could have been better”
Reviewed 24 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

Ups and downs...well mostly downs

To be honest I feel bad about writing this review as the manager of this Condo seemed like a nice guy, however, our stay here in Cancun has been one of a few highs and many lows.

It did not start well......

We had prearranged airport transport through the condo manager, Jaime, and disappointingly we were left waiting outside in the heat and rain for close to an hour at 11.pm Eventually, we made contact and discovered that the driver that was prearranged had collected someone from the same flight with the same first name as me! Mmmmmmm.... That lucky person also got our room too! Not kidding! The room offered as an alternative was only available for two nights and Jaime said we would need to move. A far from ideal situation, given I had paid for this room far in advance. I had mentioned to Jaime, that I would like to explore larger accomodation, both in trip advisor conversations before we arrived and on the way to the resort. He gave us prices, but did not supply photos, which I requested on two separate occasions.He offered for us to look at an apartment located just outside of the resort in the same road, but as it was getting close to 2.00am we suggested we hold off looking at this till the next day. We were exhausted!

A funny aside, as we left the airport, in the pouring rain, the windscreen wipers broke on the van and, we drove for some way with poor visibility. Jaime, did get out clear the window several times, but I suggested that this was dangerous and perhaps he could call for alternative transport. He tried, but no one wanted the job. I must say at this point we were so tired to the point of hysteria, that when Jaime got out of the van, and dismantled one of the windscreen wipers, got back in the van, and then continued the drive with his hand out the window wiping the window with the blade, all I could do was laugh.

We eventually made it tothe accomodation, with promises by Jaime of contact the next day. Unfortunately for me, I developed a nasty dose of food poisoning overnight and spent the entire next day in bed. When I did make it down to the lobby to access wifi, there was no contact, so it wasn't until the next day that a message came through TripAdvisor that we would be changing accomodation at around 12pm that day. Actually it was more like 1.30pm and pretty much our entire day was wasted in waiting around and the transfer over to the new room. My frustration levels were rising.

More about the rooms and the resort now...

All ritmo is a family friendly resort a long way out of town. A taxi ride into the shopping district will set you back about $10 Aud. Your only food option is the resort buffets, unless you wish to grab a cab and go into town. This situation is great for families with kids, in the past it was my ideal, but travelling with two adult daughters, this was not great for us. The breakfast buffet is $10 Aud and the dinner about $24 Aud. The food is adequate, though on the bland side. Reasonably priced but after 3 nights we really needed a change. I cannot speak for the rooms managed by the hotel, but our rooms were very tired. Traditional Mexican decor which was nice, but the first room was grubby, I think perhaps prepared in a rush as our original room was given away! The second room, smelled of cigarette smoke and I completely understand this is out of management control if people ignore the rules about non smoking, but for us it just made a difficult time worse.

Anyway at this point, we could have changed to the alternative accomodation, but I was so exhausted from being ill, that I opted to stay in the new room. The room itself was quite adequate space wise, 2 double beds and a sofa bed, which gave us each a bed though we had to wait till 9pm that night to get linen for the sofa bed (annoying as we wanted to go to bed). The room though not unclean, was not cleaned to a hotel standard. The pillows were lumpy and some were stained, the sheets and pillow cases themselves were clean but old. Crumbs on the benches and dust on the appliances. I should also mention that a couple of power outlets did not have covers on them and wires were exposed (my daughter received a nasty shock from one).

I truly hope I am not coming across as a miserable tourist, I do not wish to be unkind, but our experience at this accomodation was really disappointing, I was looking not to spend a whole lot of money and I did an enormous amount of research. The reviews I had read were good, Jaime came across as helpful and available. I must say that this was not our experience, Jaimes promises of contact via email never seemed to arrive and only when I in frustration told him what a disaster this holiday was turning into, did I get an email. Again I will say Jaime is a nice guy, he very kindly went out and bought us a Mexican phone as all my methods of contact did not appear to get through to him. He also organised a cheaper deal for a tour which of course we appreciated.

To sum up, we booked for 7 nights, but left after 5. Our entire trip to Cancun was being spoiled by two things, the quality of the room and hotel facilities (this second item I agree is out of Jaimes control), and the communication (or lack of follow through) from Jaime. When he said he had emailed no email came through. When I texted (on several numbers) no response. My iMessage worked fine within the hotels lobby wifi, but I did not receive any responses. I also sent messages through trip advisor, but only when I said that "my holiday was a disaster" did I get a response. Requests for towels, toilet paper and a toilet plunger, went unanswered.

My final comment is this, I do not really have much I can recommend about this accommodation, if the price, style and location suits you, then go for it. I would recommend that you establish a firm method of communication with Jaime with response times to ensure good service. I have requested a refund for the two nights that we did not stay, but alas no response. In an earlier email Jaime agreed he should have left us in the first room and did apologise for his poor communication. Sadly for us this was all too late and our stay at this accommodation was a miserable one.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Not much really
Liked least: Refer to my review
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

MikeATC
Bogota, Colombia
“Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

The pictures of the suite don't show the whole experience...it's actually better. Since the moment we arrived we enjoyed the whole stay, and the view to the ocean at the sunrise is very romantic. Jaime is a very good person and very comunicative. There's no wifi inside the suite but it wasn't necessary because the suite is inside a hotel and we could go to the lobby to get a wifi connection, in fact, we could use the benefits that hotel offers to its guests.
It was a very good experience so we will go back for sure.

Your age range 25-34
Maria L
New York
“I liked it”
Reviewed 16 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

What I liked about the place:
1. Located right on the beach, balcony is facing the ocean.
2. The ocean is very good, no waves, no rocks
3. The owner is very friendly, he tries to accommodate you in every possible way. He has his own taxi service and can provide you cheap transportation. We also bought from him trip to Chichen Itza with huge discount.

What I do not like about the place:
1. Kitchenette had few cockroaches, it is not very clean inside. If you plan to stay at least for a week, you will have to clean it yourself.

The furniture is very old, looks like from the old country village.
But altogether I was happy with this place, would not mind to go there again.

Your age range 50-64
Ryan W
San Diego, California
“Exceeded expectations!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We originally had our stay booked at Generations Riviera Maya. We lost money and points on that booking due to the General Manager misleading us and then Martin sending us thinly veiled snide comments after telling us we owed $3700 more than we already paid.
Nevertheless, we had a short time to cut our losses with them and get a new place or lose our flight as well. We found this property and everything changed.
When I saw the low price I was skeptical. I emailed Jaime after the transaction and he was quick to respond. He arranged cheaper pickup at the airport and he even gave us a room upgrade to a nicer place for the same amount (not a bait and switch, but really a nicer area!). He left the choice to us and took it.
The service didn't end there. He gave us a phone to use so we could call when we needed. He set us up with 2 taxi drivers that charge half of what the others do. We didn't use them too often, but we became friends (Lupita and Leonardo). They went WAY beyond to help us as well, especially when we needed help filling a prescription. We consider them friends.
Jaime was available personally to give advice and help on anything. He gave us several freebies as well. He understands that he is competing with hotels and he wants to make guests happy. He even has a lady (she is small and cute like a young girl, but is the mother of two) named Elsa who comes in and cleans upon request. She accompanied us to the grocery store and other adventures as well.
The service was so good, I kept looking for a catch. There isn't. Jaime runs a good operation! If you want to get a more authentic experience, get the tours and such for real prices (except the parks like Xcaret), Jamie can make it happen.
And for the part that I want to hear when I read reviews, but seldom hear.... I love to snorkel. My wife has cancer and sleeps most of the day. I look for places that I can snorkel right off the beach of our hotel. While it wasn't phenomenal snorkeling, it was enough to keep me very entertained during the sleeping hours. I found many nice shells, saw several types of fish and even stingrays (I got to pet several of the rays and one fish). The best and freakiest experience was the fish massage. As I was standing in the water a fish ran into me (freaked me out) did it again, then again when I had my legs up snorkeling. (Yes I wimped out and ran out of the water to consider it) I realized it had to be fairly small so I braved it again. It was a small school of about 15 fish that were silver and round, the largest maybe 5 inches long. They would rub against my leg like a cat. I even knelt down with my arms in the water and they would massage my arms as well. My wife came out and tried it too. It was cool! I kept imagining them going piranha on me, but it was a thought to amuse myself, not a real fear.
I spoke with other condo owners who rent out. Some have some really nice places. None of them offer the service that Jaime does. And Jaime beat the price of everyone that I spoke with. He has several listings through tripadvisor and other places. I trust the tripadvisor guarantee so I chose this way. if you want to contact him first to ask about listings it's Jaime@cancunycuba.
Oh! I almost forgot. My wife needed things quiet. This was the place. At times you could hear faint partying, but mostly it was the sounds of the ocean. We slept with the window and balcony door opened, screens closed. The loudest noises involved a black piper bird that would sit outside our window each morning and sing (not a bad noise, but hard to sleep through) and an iguana that would occasionally crawl over our kitchen window (claws on glass isn't pleasant, but at least humorous).

Liked best: The service
Liked least: The lack of cooking supplies and utensils
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing