69 people are viewing this hotel
US$581
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
US$581
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$474
Hotels.comUS$581
PricelineUS$582
travelup.comUS$532
13,221 results
All reviews hidden garden hand massage mb restaurant habanero soup aka bar minute foot massage egos bar sushi station rice art siete restaurant room service colored rice swim up bar chef francisco ocean front towel hut a garden view room
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We recently stayed at the Cancun Live Aqua for a week, mostly because we moved their Playa property. If you're thinking about booking, here's what you need to know:

Booking: We booked through Costco and got a GREAT deal - much cheaper than anywhere else and it included a daily credit to be used on wine, spa or cabanas. Get a cabana (unless you booked a suite where its included) - nothing beats a shaded home base near the pool or ocean.

Rooms: smaller than the PDC location but a better bathroom with a dual vanity and giant shower room with rainfall shower head. We had a "garden" view room that came with a great view of the ocean and a nice terrace so don't feel like you need to upgrade. Minibars are well stocked with beer and drinks, plus there's a snack drawer. Everything was spotless.

Food: for an AI, it ranged from "very good" to "excellent". Really there wasn't anything I'd call "bad" at all. You can have 24 hour room service, pool service or eat Italian, International, Asian, sushi or Mexican. There's even a steakhouse at no extra cost, plus pop up food like tacos, paella, crepes and grilled favorites. You will not be going hungry, amigos. People really dig MB (the fancy place) but IMO the food at Hidden Garden and Siete were the best.

Drinks: no matter what you want they probably have it. Beer (mostly Mexican lagers, perfect for drinking in the pool), wine (house wine totally fine and I should know because I drank it pretty much all day), and of course any and all crazy concoctions from the bar. The AKA & Egos bars make some pretty interesting craft cocktails and each restaurant has a specialty drink menu. Challenge yourself and try them all - as the staff will remind you "you're not driving".

Facilities: there's a gym, a spa and plenty of nice relaxing spaces indoors and out. You're here for the incredible pools (7, all heated differently) and the beautiful stretch of very clean beach. They have activities daily but it's SUPER low key - most folks are here to chill/relax. It's not a place for broskis looking to party, more for couples and groups of friends. There's not really nightlife, and most of the partying happens at the swim up bar which plays untz-untz music. Easy to avoid if you want that. Also worth noting - adults only. Not in a swinger way, just in a no-kids way.

Service: we were blown away by the personal service at the PDC location and that carried over here. By day 2, staff was beginning to recognize us and by the end of the week we were really sad to be leaving all the kind folks that had taken care of us. Shout out to Ruben, John, Rossy, Gabriel, Monica, Jesus, Jose, Ignacio (who might serenade you!), Mariana, Ale and Dulce. Our main man this trip was Oscar who remembered everything we liked after one day & took care of us like family.

COVID: impressed. Staff was 110% in mask compliance and were constantly cleaning/sanitizing. Even at the breakfast buffet, every single thing was portioned and wrapped so no one had to touch things. The hotel will take care of your COVID reentry test and the $4/day insurance covers quarantine if you test positive. No reason not to go!

In conclusion, we talked to a lot of other guests and most told us it was their 5th/8th/10th trip. That they had been to many AI's and would never stay anywhere else - and I can completely understand why. Our group agreed we'll be back, soon - and I'm pretty sure than Oscar will remember that I love salsa verde and have it waiting for me!

Room tip: Garden view rooms still have ocean views
Date of stay: March 2021
8  Thank Passenger316062
Alfredo Santamaría, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

I am delighted to read your kind words about the great service provided by our staff and that we exceeded your expectations this time.
Your comments have been passed along to all our team as such comments motivate us a lot and make us strive to always do better. Also, thank you for mentioning all the sanitary measures that we are implementing in the hotel for our guests. It is really satisfying that you have felt safe and at home.
Ruben, John, Rossy, Gabriel, Monica, Jesus, Jose, Ignacio, Mariana, Ale, Dulce, and Oscar will be very happy to read your review.
On behalf of all the staff, we hope to see you back soon, your home away from home awaits you!

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

Just an all around great stay. A million dollar view bar none! But what made my stay an outstanding vacation was the the Mexican restaurant SIETE! Chef Angel was absolutely the greatest. He made a special agua chile for me and my wife and it was the most tastiest and we'll balanced agua chile I have ever had in my entire 45 years of eating it. Also his tomohawk stake was on point as well as the many dishes Chef Angel prepared for me.

I do have to mention the staff, Miguel Adrian, Omar and all the others that made my day just by going in to Restaurant SIETE of Live Aqua Hotel! Come to Live Aqua Hotel just to come and say hello to the staff and mention this review and they will definitely make your stay memorable.

Really, go check it out and ask the Chefs toake you any Mexican dish and they'll go head over heels to please you. It was one of the best experiences I have had. The staffade me feel as if I was a billionaire.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank G5972MFkk
Alfredo Santamaría, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

Thank you for qualifying our services so highly, it's truly our pleasure to know that your stay with us was excellent. At Live Aqua Cancun, one of our goals is to provide a true experience to our guests, which goes beyond the facilities and directly to your heart.
We would be honored to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 4 March 2021

I've been to many all inclusive resorts in Mexico and Live Aqua is THE BEST hands down. From the moment we arrived to when we left we were fully taken care of every day. The quality of the staff, food, drinks, pools, beach, spa, everything, was GREAT! Buy a cabana and you will not be disappointed. Roosevelt and Andres will take great care of you. Get a massage the team there did great work for myself and girlfriend. All the wait staff everywhere is top notch. A++ Will go again!

Room tip: if you need more quite and darkness get a jungle facing room otherwise the Oceanview rooms are a break taking view
3  Thank W6692IRjakeh
Alfredo Santamaría, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2021

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it.
It is a source of great pride to read that we have managed to create memorable moments for you.
We hope to have you back, hope that you can notice more improvements and keep exceeding your expectations.
Warm Greetings,

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

Me and my wife recently returned from our honeymoon at Live Aqua. I consider my self well traveled especially when it comes to staying at all inclusive resorts. There are 4 categories that I believe make or break a resort, location, property, staff and food. Live Aqua is located about 20 minutes from the airport and about 10 minutes away from the clustered hotel zone. They have a manicured private beach that's not overrun by vendors. Across form the hotel is La Isla shopping village that's has everything from high-end clothing to H & M there are plenty of restaurants if you get bored of the food at the resort which I highly doubt. Don't make the same mistake we did if your shopping for souvenirs go to LA Isla avoid the flea market in town where you might think you can bargain better deals. We found the most reasonably priced things there without the pressure of haggling. Now the property at Live Aqua is stunning probably the cleanest resort I've stayed at. With all the covid protocols in place the could teach us something here in the states. Temperature checks and hand sanitizer before entering any restaurants shoe sanitizing mats at every entrance every staff member is masked up. The entire hotel is sanitized daily I personally witnessed on multiple occasions staff members walking around and spraying everything down from the pool area to the elevators. This property has 8 restaurants, 7 pools, spa, gym, gift shops, photographer and if you're lucky enough and upgrade to aqua club you get access to their aqua club level lounge which includes premium drinks and a variety of finger foods all day. Now to the staff they were simply amazing very accommodating very professional and very easy to communicate with as everyone I ran into spoke English which makes for a stree free vacation. As it was our honeymoon and they were aware of it we were constantly surprised with random shots by the pool, beautifully plated deserts at dinners and even a bottle of champagne and deserts to our room. While the entire staff was amazing one person in particular stuck out and that was Rodrigo the pool supervisor but should be hotel manager he made our trip so much more enjoyable from accommodating any request at the pool to places to eat things to do places to go. He was always checking on us either by chatting us up at the pool or a simple text to see how we were doing or if there was anything we needed. On to the food Delicious. You can get anything from a simple hotdog to veal. Options are unlimited and all amazing beautiful platted creations with a little twist on them. The habanero soup from MB was our absolute favorite. Overall I give Live Aqua a 10 out of 10.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Moosej3000
Alfredo Santamaría, Director General at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us these generous comments about our staff and our services. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be your hosts. It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.
Once again, thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

In Laa´kech

Reviewed 3 March 2021

We had an AMAZING trip to Live Aqua- Andres at the pool is the very best server EVER!!!! He made every single day so wonderful! We have traveled the world and he is by far the BEST!!! Andrea, Rossy and Jesus also went above and beyond Wonderful service, incredible food, SUPER clean, very safe protocols in place, we cannot WAIT to get back!!

2  Thank Sightseer740605

In the name of all the staff at Live Aqua Cancun, allow me to express our most sincere gratitude for choosing us as your hosts and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments.
It is very heartwarming to read that our efforts are paying off and that we have gained a member of the Live Aqua family.
I will share your comments with Andrea, Rossy, Jesus, and Andres for their incredible performance during your vacation with us. We are looking forward to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival assistance you may need.

In Laa´kech!