Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Debra P
Diamond Springs, California

A memorable experience!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 May 2024
I absolutely loved the bed in this hotel! I felt as if I was sleeping on clouds! Many times when you visit abroad the beds are uncomfortable! Westin Lagunamar is right across from the La Isla mall. The grounds are well kept! I would like to give a special shoutout to my concierge- Matthew P. hailing from the UK! He was the best concierge that I can recall ever! Matthew was attentive and followed through! The hospitality was natural with him as he gave end to end service for all of my requests as well as great recommendations all with a jovial laugh and smile!
Things that were nice about my room was the view of the beach and the conveniences of home in the junior suite! I was able to bring leftovers to my room, refrigerate them like my guacamole and tacos and heat them up on a later day. I was also able to wash my clothes and dry them! The jetted tub in the bathroom was nice and I was able to soak one evening! Be careful though I thought I had the water at the right level just above the jets and when I jumped in I experienced a lil overflow of water. The offc. Workers were nice too! The food was delicious and the drinks. The Crimson tide was my favorite and the Carne asada tacos were scrumptious with the delicious guacamole. Just be prepared for the $$. It was convenient getting coffee at Starbucks on the premises and getting meals at the mall across the street. The ice cream 🍦 at the mall is so good! The Mexican food was also descent! I made great memories and Westin has been great to me over the years! When feeling satisfied the saying goes, “they owe me nothing!!”
Trip type: Travelled solo
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We appreciate it, and hope you visit us again soon.
$381
  • StayForLong
17.5 km from The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
$981
Fully refundable
Enroll free for lower prices
  • Hotels.com
    $593
18.9 km from The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
View more hotels in Cancun
7,840 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar fun team studio villa la isla mall heavenly spa infinity pool mall across the street steak night full kitchen heavenly bed personal concierge pool concierge smaller pool swim up bar great property time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2024 via mobile

The hotel is a timeshare venue and, as such, does not measure up to other experiences we have had with Marriott and with Pueblo Bonito. The room was very small (despite it being handicapped accessible—which was available when we arrived). The staff was friendly; however, some information we received was incomplete or incorrect. We left early in the day on several excursions but were not able to get room service for breakfast or even coffee. The restaurant by the pool was good. Wait staff was friendly. Spa is tomorrow but was not available until later in the day.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you enjoyed your time in Cancun.

Reviewed 13 May 2024

My family and I visited this resort resort for the second time this past April for my daughter senior spring break. My daughter brought along a friend this time. We had a one bedroom suite which worked perfectly for us. My husband and I slept in the bedroom and the girls slept on the pullout couch. I did ask them for a mattress topper the first day to make it softer and the girls said that was fine. We had a fabulous room on the eighth floor that overlooked the infinity pool in the ocean. We love this resort! It is absolutely beautiful. With its infinity pool and the beautiful beach and the amazing outdoor mall right across the street. We had a fully equipped kitchen so the first day we got groceries down the street att he Soriana. We are hoping they would deliver but apparently they don’t anymore. We caught a taxi back to the hotel as we had a lot of groceries and couldn’t walk. But it’s only about a 10 minute walk away. We would have breakfast in our room every morning and I would make sandwiches to bring down to the beach for lunch. Every night we ate at one of the fabulous restaurants across the street. One day we did a super fun catamaran ride to an island. It also includes snorkeling. Other than that we just enjoy the beautiful beaches and pools every day and had a fabulous weather. The 3 PM happy hour at the swim up bar in the pool is not to be missed! We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for leaving a glowing review with us. We greatly appreciate it, and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2024 via mobile

We were here for 4 nights for a quick getaway and had a wonderful time- the property is stunningly beautiful, right on the Caribbean and has incredible pools and views. The beach is gorgeous. The staff made our visit the best! Our concierge, Omar, was very helpful, kind and had great suggestions. Selena at the Elite Concierge Desk helped us out in a pinch with a reservation! Felipe, Armando, Luis and Alejandro made us amazing drinks and remembered our room number and order! We did our owner update with Marco who understood our needs and gave us a great update experience without high pressure. We ended up taking advantage of another 4 night stay for next year at a fantastic price. We stayed in a studio this trip and it was really perfect for two. Our view was completely unobstructed of the Caribbean and we loved sitting on the balcony either sipping cocktails or eating meals or watching the fire show.

Room tip: Stop at Soriano’s for groceries. Book your snorkel or sunset cruise when you get here due to weather. No mosquitos in May!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2024

Thank you for leaving a 5-star review with us! We greatly appreciate it, and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2024 via mobile

As a large corporate owned resort, this property feels more like a luxury boutique brand. The grounds are immaculate, the pools are exceptional and cleaned using a salt system which is pure gold for a swimmer. Offering two pool options we tended toward the adult pool altho we noticed they don’t enforce this adult only policy. Wasn’t a big deal tho, most kids here are very well behaved.

We had to move 3 times, that was very frustrating but apparently the way the rooms were booked using points didn’t back up perfectly so we had to make 3 different reservations. The front desk and concierge could not help in any way. Total waste of time and housekeeping. Rooms are well equipped with kitchens and generally all the comforts of home with lovely supportive comfy beds, full baths with jacuzzi, balconies overlooking the ocean. Building 9 was the favorite. The drip coffee in the room is a no go. Go to the owners lounge or the market.

Can’t say enough good things about the staff; Jorge, Luis, Gabriel, William, the ladies in the Spa giving excellent massages and the ladies at the front desk. Congratulations to this resort for exceptional customer service!!

Sorry to say, the food options here are rough. It’s mainly burgers and pizzas and incredibly overpriced. While the hotel zone boasts numerous excellent restaurants, it’s nice to have one food option on sight. The only healthy meals I could find were ceviche at Viente (order b4 5 pm) and filet mignon on the kids menu at Duna. Ask for green vegetables and they can muster it up. Almost everyone we met had same complaint. We never dined at Oceana only because everyone said it was a total waste of money. Hoping it improves for future.

Happy hour is quite funny with the ringing of the bells at 3 pm. Like bees to honey, the swim up bar is quickly swarms with friendly happy people. While alcohol at 3 pm is quite early, you gotta give it a shot at least a few times.

We did enjoy the seafood party on the beach. Whoever catered that food, it was a step up for food on campus and healthy. The opening music however, before the fire show was a downright deafening mess. It made for very stressful dining. Not sure it was worth over $100 pp. Ryoshi across the street is a much better show, food and service for same price with the gorgeous sunset.

Thank you for such a great holiday! We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your glowing review! We hope you enjoyed your time in Cancun.

Reviewed 2 May 2024

Quick note: This is our fourth trip to this resort but the first TripAdvisor review of this property.
Our stay started on April 17, 2024, at the Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort. We were feeling very good about the trip as our flight from DFW had arrived about 20 minutes early. We were picked up (pre-arranged) by the company recommended by the Westin concierge called “The One”. The One people were great, and the ride was nice and cool. Driver also was fantastic.
We arrived at the Resort and proceeded to the check-in desk where we met Gustavo. Immediately he welcomed us and proceeded to check us in. We had arrived early on the flight; therefore, we were 2 hours early in the check-in process (normally 4pm). I explained we understood we were early and would be happy to wait if needed. He called the housekeeping team and tried to find us a good fit for what we were wanting. After a few minutes of discussion, he was able to find us a beautiful ocean view in building one. The suitcases were taken at our arrival by the bellboys and held until our room was assigned. They followed us up to the room after Gustavo checked us in.
The room was magnificent and very clean. All the amenities were available in the one bedroom we booked and a spectacular ocean view as well as a view of the ancient Myan ruins that is on the hotel property. Full size refrigerator (w/icemaker), stove, dishes, silverware, cookware, washer/dryer combo. The unit also had a dining set for six people and a comfortable sleeper sofa and lounge chair in the living area. TV’s in the bedroom and living areas. The Westin Heavenly Bed with the most comfortable sheets imaginable. Large bathroom and separate walk-in shower, large jacuzzi tub and toilet areas. Amble closet space, drawers and shelves in the bedroom and bathroom areas.
We immediately went to the Viento Bar and Grill for a quick bite. The snacks we received were just OK. The service was also just ok when we went down there. We’ve been to this restaurant before and usually had better service and food in the past.
The best of the best at Westin Lagunamar is the pool staff. We always receive the best service at the poolside with the waiters (sometime waitresses) that take your order and bring you virtually any drink imaginable and food from the Duna Sports Bar. We’ve had multiple experiences with many of the normal staff but on this trip (and a trip we had about 4 years ago) the gentleman named Williams was there once again with his usual enthusiastic manner. Issac was also helpful during our stay at the poolside. We visited the pool many times and spent many hours at/in the pool and every time Willaims was there to help, no matter if we were in his area or not. The service, the dedication and the duration of Williams’ service is unmatched in our experiences. Most of employees of the Westin have been there many years and are familiar faces.
Upon unpacking our bags, my wife realized that her curling iron handle had broken. I went down to see Gustavo at the check in desk and he called someone from maintenance to help. Irving from the maintenance team brought up some super glue and tried to get it to hold while I was standing there. It didn’t appear to be working so he offered to take it to his shop area and use better glue. In about 15 minutes he brought it back to our room and it was glued better and holding for her to use it during the remainder of our stay. Amazing customer service from Irving as well. Thank you to Gustavo and Irving.
We had a spa day scheduled with Manuel and Yolanda for an early evening couples massage on the beach. They both provided fabulous massages and were very professional. The spa personnel was wonderful and the spa itself had a whirlpool (hot tub), dry sauna and steam sauna. Everything was very clean and well maintained.
We enjoyed the special event that on Thursday nights in the Oceano Restaurant they call Steak Night. The meal was steak and a buffet of sides allowing us to enjoy as much of whatever was on the buffet, but the steak was prepared by a chef (one-time steak, not buffet). You also had a choice of chicken or fish, but the steak was the best offering in my opinion. The waiter was very attentive and friendly. He recommended a cabernet sauvignon from Chihuahua, Mexico and it was fabulous. The charge for it was more than I expected but we were happy to be in Mexico and relaxing, so we just went ahead with it.
The Westin Lagunamar is a wonderful resort, and we will return. The amenities are fantastic, and well suited for a relaxing vacation. If you need something they don’t offer, there is ample shopping at the mall across the street or the grocery store just a short 1 mile walk up the street. There are lots of excursions available form The concierge at their desks in the front lobby and they do well to accommodate all requests. Local restaurants of all types are very close and available to walk to or a short taxi ride.
My only concerns were small but wanted to mention them here. They provided us with two free drink tickets to go down and see the concierge about anything we might need or want to do. Alfredo was great and answered all our questions. However, when we went to the Duna Sports Grill, we found that the drink tickets were only available for a select few drinks. It’s petty I know but they need to just suck it up and allow a free drink (within certain parameters of course). Creating a separate menu for the free drink tickets is what I call a “low rent” kind of move for such a great resort.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kilroy13

Thank you for leaving a positive review with us! We greatly appreciate it, and hope you visit us again soon.