Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Priceline
Marriott
$507
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
$616
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
7,819 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar fun team studio villa la isla mall heavenly spa infinity pool mall across the street steak night full kitchen heavenly bed personal concierge pool concierge smaller pool swim up bar great property time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2024

Beautiful hotel. I’m a Bonvoy member and just looked for an available hotel through the website. Booked an ocean view room. We took a red eye so got to the hotel early, room wasn’t ready which was fine, they took our luggage and we headed to breakfast and the pool. Got a call around noon to say our room was ready, when we got to the room it was not ocean view, after going back to the front desk they said it was the only room and that we would have to wait for a room to become available. No problem since it was well before check-in time, they said they would give us a call when ready. But by 4:30pm still no call and we were exhausted. Went back to the front desk and said I’ll take the best room that was available because we were exhausted. When we got to the room it faced the ocean but was blocked by a palm tree. I gave up. We took a nap and figured we’ll deal with it later.
The next day we headed to the pool great drinks and service from Jorge. We ended up talking to folks who came in yesterday as well. Realized we had the same room type and they came in after us. The difference was both of the couples went to the timeshare presentation! Which I am not interested in. It’s a beautiful hotel, close to the mall, room comes with a kitchen and washer dryer. If you don’t care for the room with a view or you have the timeshare or want to listen to the sales presentation this would work for you. The front desk just made me feel discriminated against cause I’m just trying to pay for my vacation and not interested in the presentation. Once you get past that, the rest of the staff are great!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsRosemarie
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for providing your feedback on our resort. We greatly appreciate it, and apologize for the negative experience you faced with our front office team. We are always looking to improve. We hope you enjoyed your time in Cancun.

Reviewed 28 February 2024

We loved the environment with palm trees and multiple pools. All rooms have ocean view (by guessing). They provide an email for concierge service, which is really nice. They responded promptly before our arrival. They also helped us book airport transportation with a third party, which was on expensive side but with excellent service (one person waited us at the exit just for us. He then got a driver in a couple of minutes). We stayed at other hotels as well during the same trip, but their concierge only sent me multiple promotions every day. They never replied my question about the stay.
Yes, it is expensive, and yet they do not honor Bonvoy elite benefit: no lounge access, no free breakfast, no upgrades. They have a "Owners Lounge" where the only thing I could find in the evening was water from a tank. There is coffee during the day. There is also a computer. That is everything you may get as an eligible elite member.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2024

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful environment and prompt concierge service. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the Bonvoy elite benefits. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we'll use it to improve our services in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2024 via mobile

A few things aggravated us as a family, starting from using cards to get towels when you go to the pool and the beach
No room service
When we ask to change the wet towel in The room, they charge us 5 dollars. I never saw such a thing on all
Marriot hotels
As a Marriott owner, I was disappointed
We payed 3500 $ maintenance fee every year plus the miner we paid to be part of the ownership and then we don’t get towels and when you ask for late check out they give you hard time

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Paradise320013

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Your feedback is important, and we will address these concerns with our team to ensure a better experience for all guests in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2024

Beautiful property on a gorgeous stretch of beach but the food leaves something to be desired. We gave it a shot 4 different days and the food was MARGINAL at BEST. even simple burgers/chicken fingers/ quesadillas were NOT GOOD. Just OK.

The drinks were great and the servers had great personalities. I would not return based on the food though on days you don't feel like leaving the property. When we did leave the property we found fabulous restaurants!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole S
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2024

Thank you for leaving a review with us. We appreciate it and take your feedback seriously. We hope you enjoyed your time in Cancun!

Reviewed 20 February 2024

My husband and I had a wonderful 2 weeks at The Westin Lagunamar. It was our 6th time and we can't wait to go back again. It's like going home. The employees are all so welcoming, friendly, kind and hard working. The resort is spotless. They all work so hard on keeping the rooms and entire resort very clean. The activity team and the pool / towel team are especially fun. I would like to highlight Patricia. Patricia teaches the Yoga, Stretching, and Pilates classes. She is extremely knowledgeable. I went to 1 (sometimes 2) of her classes everyday. I felt like I was at a yoga retreat! She makes sure everyone is doing the exercises correctly and has a lot of patience and understanding with all the different levels in each class. I highly recommend trying her lovely outdoor classes - she is the best instructor I have ever had! Besides the yoga, my other favorite part of the resort is the amazing infinity pool and the aqua fitness classes. It's just a beautiful resort with a gorgeous beach. Thank you Lagunamar! Leanne & Craig

Room tip: We used Uber Eats for the first time for ordering in dinner and to get our groceries. We highly recommend Uber Eats! So easy!
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a positive review with us! We greatly appreciate it.