Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
feeneydipper
philadelphia

Can't be beat on the Cancun strip.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 May 2014
For the money, the location, the amenities within, and a short walk away, this resort is great. Beach area really nice and pools are some of the best anywhere. Any negative reviews are simply by people who can't enjoy vacations. It is a time share location so certain aspects of the experience will be affected by those owning within Starwood which is a good thing.
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We loved your comment, thank you for taking the time to post it. That´s all our guests need to know to have a special stay with us and to enjoy the Westin Lagunamar Experience. Thank you for choosing The Westin Lagunamar.
Warm Regards,
    $598
18.9 km from The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
View more hotels in Cancun
7,851 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar fun team studio villa la isla mall heavenly spa infinity pool mall across the street steak night full kitchen heavenly bed personal concierge pool concierge smaller pool swim up bar great property time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After reading HAN02141's insulting review, I must report that my husband and I completely disagree with that reviewer and absolutely loved this resort. We are big Westin fans and are 4*Elite owners as well as Gold Elite SPG members. I don't know if, as an owner, we received better treatment than a hotel guest would, but, honestly, I hope so. That is because, as owners we have invested in the property and pay annual maintenance fees to keep the property looking outstanding. That is not to say a hotel guest should not be treated well, just that I would expect top notch service. Our Elite concierge, Claudia, was superb - her knowledge about the resort and the Cancun area cannot be beat. Meals at Restaurante Oceano are very good - the best are the buffets, which are offered at a single fixed price and are the best value.

Room tip: Best view rooms are on high floors, but all rooms are great! Key is whether you prefer proximity to the beach, the pool or the best view.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf the entire staff that collaborates in our resort, we would like to thank you for posting this amazing review. Thank you for your loyalty. Will be a pleasure to welcome you each time you return to our spectacular Westin Lagunamar, you home away from home!
Looking forward to welcome you many more times!
Warm regards from sunny Cancun

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I can't understand the poor review I just read. We just checked out today and were so sad to leave this spectacular resort. The property was immaculate, the staff could not have been any friendlier, and the rooms were fantastic!! I highly recommend this property. They have a beautiful pool and the beach is fantastic. In addition, the location can't be beat!! We can't wait to return.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AZBuckeye1

Dear Guest,
We loved your comment, thank you for taking the time to post it. That´s all our guests need to know to have a special stay with us and to enjoy the Westin Lagunamar Experience; it makes us happy serve and pamper our guests. Thank you for choosing The Westin Lagunamar , we hope to welcome you many more times!!
Saludos from paradise,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I would not waste your money to stay at this hotel, during your visit to Cancun. The reason for 1 rating is primarily staff service and hospitality. This is the first time I am giving a review on Trip Advisor, as I saw when I checked in, that property had a framed certificate from Trip Advisor. I have no idea, what earned them the certificate, but based on our experience it wasn't worth it.

I also want to note that I am a Starwood Platinum for Life guest, so I thought this Westin would be consistent with others we have stayed. The difference is this is a TIME SHARE property, and its clear that the staff care more about the time share residents than other guests.

So, save your money, time, points, and don't stay here...there are plenty of other properties- we ended up checking out and going over to the Ritz Carlton down the street...much better experience and saved our holiday.

Room tip: Most of the rooms are far away from the beach; and the numbering system used in the hotel rooms is confusing
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Hari N
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review; we can clearly see that you did not get the Westin Service we are used to give to all our valued guests and owners. At Westin Lagunamar, is priority to exceed your expectations and to solve any inconvenience as soon as possible. We would like you to kindly email us to: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com to follow up on this and to have more information about your experience.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was very nice and not over crowded. I was a little disappointed that my room was not ready on time but once I got my room I was over it. The view was beautiful. I would come stay again and bring my family.

1  Thank April626

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we would like to comment that the check in and checkout time is an standard policy for SVO resorts like ours. Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation; we hope to welcome you many more times in the future.
Warm regards from paradise,
The Westin Lagunamar Team.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just got back from an Amazing week at the Westin Lagunamar Resort. Stayed in room 1466 which is arguably the best room in the whole resort. The staff was unbelievably helpful and very quick to respond to any request. Noticed I was out of coffee packs in the room and ordered more at 6 am and they had it to me in 10 minutes.
The food was very good ranging from standard pub food all the way to filet mignon. The resort is very clean and you will notice staff constantly keeping the resort tidy all day long. I am already planning my next trip as it was fantastic!
Make sure you get a massage and ask for Magaly, she was wonderful!

Room tip: Ask for buildings 1, 9 or 14 as all are ocean front. If you want to avoid a lot of kids then 14 is your best bet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your Fantastic review, always make us glad to hear the feedback from you and to know that our efforts to serve and provide you with a refreshing stay, were worth it! We hope to welcome you back near future!
Saludos from paradise,