Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mary M
Chicago, Illinois

Loved our first trip to Cancun

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 May 2014
After reading HAN02141's insulting review, I must report that my husband and I completely disagree with that reviewer and absolutely loved this resort. We are big Westin fans and are 4*Elite owners as well as Gold Elite SPG members. I don't know if, as an owner, we received better treatment than a hotel guest would, but, honestly, I hope so. That is because, as owners we have invested in the property and pay annual maintenance fees to keep the property looking outstanding. That is not to say a hotel guest should not be treated well, just that I would expect top notch service. Our Elite concierge, Claudia, was superb - her knowledge about the resort and the Cancun area cannot be beat. Meals at Restaurante Oceano are very good - the best are the buffets, which are offered at a single fixed price and are the best value.
Date of stay: April 2014
Room Tip: Best view rooms are on high floors, but all rooms are great! Key is whether you prefer proximity...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf the entire staff that collaborates in our resort, we would like to thank you for posting this amazing review. Thank you for your loyalty. Will be a pleasure to welcome you each time you return to our spectacular Westin Lagunamar, you home away from home!
Looking forward to welcome you many more times!
Warm regards from sunny Cancun
0.6 km from The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
Pool
$827
Fully refundable
Enroll free for lower prices
  • Hotels.com
    $606
18.9 km from The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
View more hotels in Cancun
7,844 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar fun team studio villa la isla mall heavenly spa infinity pool mall across the street steak night full kitchen heavenly bed personal concierge pool concierge smaller pool swim up bar great property time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I can't understand the poor review I just read. We just checked out today and were so sad to leave this spectacular resort. The property was immaculate, the staff could not have been any friendlier, and the rooms were fantastic!! I highly recommend this property. They have a beautiful pool and the beach is fantastic. In addition, the location can't be beat!! We can't wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AZBuckeye1
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We loved your comment, thank you for taking the time to post it. That´s all our guests need to know to have a special stay with us and to enjoy the Westin Lagunamar Experience; it makes us happy serve and pamper our guests. Thank you for choosing The Westin Lagunamar , we hope to welcome you many more times!!
Saludos from paradise,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I would not waste your money to stay at this hotel, during your visit to Cancun. The reason for 1 rating is primarily staff service and hospitality. This is the first time I am giving a review on Trip Advisor, as I saw when I checked in, that property had a framed certificate from Trip Advisor. I have no idea, what earned them the certificate, but based on our experience it wasn't worth it.

I also want to note that I am a Starwood Platinum for Life guest, so I thought this Westin would be consistent with others we have stayed. The difference is this is a TIME SHARE property, and its clear that the staff care more about the time share residents than other guests.

So, save your money, time, points, and don't stay here...there are plenty of other properties- we ended up checking out and going over to the Ritz Carlton down the street...much better experience and saved our holiday.

Room tip: Most of the rooms are far away from the beach; and the numbering system used in the hotel rooms is confusing
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Hari N
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review; we can clearly see that you did not get the Westin Service we are used to give to all our valued guests and owners. At Westin Lagunamar, is priority to exceed your expectations and to solve any inconvenience as soon as possible. We would like you to kindly email us to: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com to follow up on this and to have more information about your experience.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was very nice and not over crowded. I was a little disappointed that my room was not ready on time but once I got my room I was over it. The view was beautiful. I would come stay again and bring my family.

1  Thank April626

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we would like to comment that the check in and checkout time is an standard policy for SVO resorts like ours. Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation; we hope to welcome you many more times in the future.
Warm regards from paradise,
The Westin Lagunamar Team.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just got back from an Amazing week at the Westin Lagunamar Resort. Stayed in room 1466 which is arguably the best room in the whole resort. The staff was unbelievably helpful and very quick to respond to any request. Noticed I was out of coffee packs in the room and ordered more at 6 am and they had it to me in 10 minutes.
The food was very good ranging from standard pub food all the way to filet mignon. The resort is very clean and you will notice staff constantly keeping the resort tidy all day long. I am already planning my next trip as it was fantastic!
Make sure you get a massage and ask for Magaly, she was wonderful!

Room tip: Ask for buildings 1, 9 or 14 as all are ocean front. If you want to avoid a lot of kids then 14 is your best bet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your Fantastic review, always make us glad to hear the feedback from you and to know that our efforts to serve and provide you with a refreshing stay, were worth it! We hope to welcome you back near future!
Saludos from paradise,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

all my reviews are based on Family view and considering we have a toddler. having said that here it goes
a) Room - everything you can ask for. One room gives you ocean view because of its location, it has a stove, nice big bathroom with stand up shower and bath tub and private toilet :). the best of this room is that you get washer and dryer!!!. Heaven for us parents :)
you also get plates, cutlery everything that you need to cook!
b) food - great restaurants. However, please be aware that if you buy the buffet and have a toddler under 3 your child eats for free. The reception team does not tell you. that was one of the bad experiences for me. they do offer you a child all you can eat package for 20 US and are clear that you can't cancel; however, they dont tell you they are free under 3. this really upset me as we only found out about it when i went to the buffet that night. so watch for that
c) great location. central to everything and you are across the aquarium and few minutes from downtown cancun
d) beach - nice beach love it
e) If you don't want to cook in your room or buy anything in the restaurants you can easily buy food and store it in the nice big fridge and bbq. there are bbqs in the hotel so you can have your own bb anytime you want

overall i loved the hotel and would go in a heart beat.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jessie E

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. It is very important to us that you take home memories that you will never forget. Our perfect location is very convenient to have everything walking distance. Thank you for choosing our resort for your stay. We hope to see you again next year to enjoy another Westin experience.
Saludos from sunny Cancun,