Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Hari N
Chicago, Illinois

Do Not Stay at this Hotel

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 May 2014
I would not waste your money to stay at this hotel, during your visit to Cancun. The reason for 1 rating is primarily staff service and hospitality. This is the first time I am giving a review on Trip Advisor, as I saw when I checked in, that property had a framed certificate from Trip Advisor. I have no idea, what earned them the certificate, but based on our experience it wasn't worth it.

I also want to note that I am a Starwood Platinum for Life guest, so I thought this Westin would be consistent with others we have stayed. The difference is this is a TIME SHARE property, and its clear that the staff care more about the time share residents than other guests.

So, save your money, time, points, and don't stay here...there are plenty of other properties- we ended up checking out and going over to the Ritz Carlton down the street...much better experience and saved our holiday.
Date of stay: May 2014
Room Tip: Most of the rooms are far away from the beach; and the numbering system used in the hotel rooms...
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
1.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review; we can clearly see that you did not get the Westin Service we are used to give to all our valued guests and owners. At Westin Lagunamar, is priority to exceed your expectations and to solve any inconvenience as soon as possible. We would like you to kindly email us to: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com to follow up on this and to have more information about your experience.
Resorts View
3.4 km from The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
Free parking
Pool
View more hotels in Cancun
7,840 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar fun team studio villa la isla mall heavenly spa infinity pool mall across the street steak night full kitchen heavenly bed personal concierge pool concierge smaller pool swim up bar great property time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was very nice and not over crowded. I was a little disappointed that my room was not ready on time but once I got my room I was over it. The view was beautiful. I would come stay again and bring my family.

1  Thank April626
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we would like to comment that the check in and checkout time is an standard policy for SVO resorts like ours. Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation; we hope to welcome you many more times in the future.
Warm regards from paradise,
The Westin Lagunamar Team.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just got back from an Amazing week at the Westin Lagunamar Resort. Stayed in room 1466 which is arguably the best room in the whole resort. The staff was unbelievably helpful and very quick to respond to any request. Noticed I was out of coffee packs in the room and ordered more at 6 am and they had it to me in 10 minutes.
The food was very good ranging from standard pub food all the way to filet mignon. The resort is very clean and you will notice staff constantly keeping the resort tidy all day long. I am already planning my next trip as it was fantastic!
Make sure you get a massage and ask for Magaly, she was wonderful!

Room tip: Ask for buildings 1, 9 or 14 as all are ocean front. If you want to avoid a lot of kids then 14 is your best bet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your Fantastic review, always make us glad to hear the feedback from you and to know that our efforts to serve and provide you with a refreshing stay, were worth it! We hope to welcome you back near future!
Saludos from paradise,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

all my reviews are based on Family view and considering we have a toddler. having said that here it goes
a) Room - everything you can ask for. One room gives you ocean view because of its location, it has a stove, nice big bathroom with stand up shower and bath tub and private toilet :). the best of this room is that you get washer and dryer!!!. Heaven for us parents :)
you also get plates, cutlery everything that you need to cook!
b) food - great restaurants. However, please be aware that if you buy the buffet and have a toddler under 3 your child eats for free. The reception team does not tell you. that was one of the bad experiences for me. they do offer you a child all you can eat package for 20 US and are clear that you can't cancel; however, they dont tell you they are free under 3. this really upset me as we only found out about it when i went to the buffet that night. so watch for that
c) great location. central to everything and you are across the aquarium and few minutes from downtown cancun
d) beach - nice beach love it
e) If you don't want to cook in your room or buy anything in the restaurants you can easily buy food and store it in the nice big fridge and bbq. there are bbqs in the hotel so you can have your own bb anytime you want

overall i loved the hotel and would go in a heart beat.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jessie E

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. It is very important to us that you take home memories that you will never forget. Our perfect location is very convenient to have everything walking distance. Thank you for choosing our resort for your stay. We hope to see you again next year to enjoy another Westin experience.
Saludos from sunny Cancun,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Truly enjoyed our stay at the Westin Lagunamar! One bedroom suite was exceptional--I felt like I had my own apartment in Cancun. Very welcoming and accommodating staff. Juan Pablo at the Front Desk was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He is a great representative for your hotel and he made us feel very welcome from the moment we walked in the door. Bellman was also very friendly and helpful. Pool and beach were equally stunning. If you have never tried the Westin Heavenly bed, please know no other hotel bed compares! We will definitely return.

Room tip: One bedroom suite was amazing--stayed in a high floor in building one with a great view of the ocean and Mayan ruins.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to say thank you for your comments about our nice and friendly staff and for choosing The Westin Lagunamar; we´l recognize Juan Pablo and let him know your comments. We hope to have the chance to welcome you many more times.
Saludos from paradise,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was a fantastic experience staying at the Westin Lagunamar. Beautiful property , great service. The small suite was spectacular. Fully equipped , drinking water , internet , the view from the balcony was great, no FULL mirrors-- not a big deal to men ... But that was pretty much the only bad thing about the room. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION..... Could not be more ideal... Food , shops, beach. Everything u need is right there. Taking the 24 hr bus down the street is great as well. Very safe even at night. Isla mujeres by ferry not too far away was the best trip we made while we were in cancun. If I ever go back to cancun I would probably not stay anywhere Else. Well worth for what you pay. !! See you soon

Dear Guest,
It makes us so happy to receive these kind of comments, thank you so much for choosing Westin Lagunamar. It is very important to us to hear and read opinions of any kind from our valuable guests, thank you for choosing The Westin Lagunamar for your vacation and come back many more times!
Warm regards from sunny Cancun,