“9 course tasting menu”
Review of El Destilado

El Destilado
Ranked #2 of 608 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$10 - US$57
Description: Tasting Menus with Reservations (Tues. - Sun.) Mezcal Tastings with Appointment Happy Hour 5:00 - 6:30
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience. Restaurant was much smaller than expected so make sure to reserve in advance. Service was impeccable. We selected 9 course food and wine pairing and each complimented each other perfectly. Only did not like 1 organic wine from
Italy seemed off balance. All other alcohols were local, even serving plates were from local artisans. Truly a memorable evening.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank nancyo585

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Outstanding cuisine from Chef-Owner Julio who has brought Michelin star knowledge and creativity from San Francisco to the Oaxacan dining scene. Pro tip: tasting menu with pairings. Kudos!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 354marke
Reviewed 7 August 2018

My party of three chose the six-course dinner paired with drinks. What an array of exotic dishes prepared with unusual combinations, starting with the Huevo con coliflor y parmesan, served in an eggshell. The drinks were always in sync with the courses. Chef Julio Aguilera was extraordinarily friendly and chatted with us several times, even throwing in an extra dessert. This was a perfect "last night" celebration in a city teeming with color and friendliness.

1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

A pretty ambiance with cozy people for having honnest mexican food with funky music on the background . Take the pannacotta as dessert and your dinner will be a succes!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I’ll say here what I told the staff at El Destilado: I’m so glad I got here before this place appears on the World’s Best 50. Everything about our experience was wonderful, from our waiter Carlos to Julio the chef coming and explaining our courses. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful and fun. This was just about my favorite meal I’ve ever had, and I’m grateful for this restaurant.

5  Thank Michael M