All reviews pay cash room was large smell of sewage varied breakfast menu the breakfast area where breakfast is served free breakfast textile museum bottom floor main square no air conditioning comfortable rooms few minutes walk high ceilings first floor quiet street the location is perfect
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The hotel is so centrally located that you can walk everywhere in the city within minutes. The street was blocked off during our stay so it was quiet without the traffic. Our room had a lovely balcony facing the street and was very airy and nicely decorated. The breakfast is simple and filling, with some good variety. The staff were incredibly accommodating when we kept adding nights to our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street have windows and balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The rooms were a bit stuffy, as the one I had had windows only to the interior. The halls got a bit noisy, but quieted by midnight. The bathroom was not bad. The bonus was the location. The hotel is within walking distance of most major sites and restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The staff in this hotel could not have been more helpful. I left my battery and charger for the camera in Puebla and they quickly arranged a Fedex to bring it back tomorrow, and also gave me an upgrade.
You really need to speak Spanish if you get a cab to take you to the hotel, all my drivers invariably got lost.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Viktor S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent breakfast as walk-ins. Great hot chocolate, coffee and fruit dish as well as bread w jams. A varied breakfast menu with ample sized servings. Service was excellent and environment upscale.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2018

The hotel is only one block from the zócalo and so is just a short walk from virtually anywhere you might want to be in the downtown part of Oaxaca. The big market was a few blocks away, restaurants and stores were all right there, so you could go out for a while, come back for a breather, and head back out again quite easily. All sorts of restaurants are within a few minutes walk, there's no need for a taxi to do to dinner. Despite it's closeness to the action the hotel itself is quite quiet. You can indeed get breakfast included in their courtyard dining room if you pay cash, and it's a good breakfast with lots of choice, not just continental. I booked the room rather last minute and could only get a smallish room (my fault) but it was sufficient and well kept. Staff were uniformly friendly. My only complaint was the mattress, which was pretty firm, although I got used to it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple