“New Parents' Escape”
other travellers have booked this property
Blue winter skies over the dining lodge at the ranch.
View from the rock garden up to the dining terrace. Great outdoor dining on the covered terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Blue winter skies over the dining lodge at the ranch.
View from the rock garden up to the dining terrace.
Great outdoor dining on the covered terrace
View from the rock garden up to the dining terrace
The Cactus suite made up with two twin beds
Hand loomed textiles in the guest rooms.
The sitting area in the Girasol suite
Kitchenette with fridge and coffeemaker in each guest suite
The traditional open kitchen
Join an informal Oaxacan cooking class at Rancho Pitaya
Ricotta cheesecake made from the fresh recasón cheese made in the village.
Feast on the dining terrace.
Rancho Pitaya is famous for its homemade mezcal margaritas.
Sunrise at the ranch
Blooming cacti at the ranch
Early summer morning view from the ranch
The ranch's beautiful horses are well cared-for and lovingly handled.
Relax on the terrace to this pastoral view.
Freshly prepared meal at the ranch.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sarah L
“New Parents' Escape”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We have a 3-month-old baby and were trying to find an "all inclusive" experience that was still authentic, quiet, and unique to pair with our stay in Oaxaca City. The ranch was the perfect choice. We were fed in the morning and at night, slept in the hammocks while our baby napped, took in the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, and Mary Jane arranged a driver to take us to some local sights at our own pace. We felt rested beyond all expectations by the time we left.

MoovingOn
New Hartford, New York
“Spectacular trail rides on well-trained horses in a gorgeous setting......”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The ranch, located in a small village just outside Oaxaca City, is an oasis for birds. So, bring a good pair of binoculars! Guests can ride daily, observe the ever active birds and eat well. The owner, Mary Jane, focuses her attention on the well-being of the horses and her guests. Every day she takes the horses by trailer to a new spot and then leads the ride. She points out different plants, bushes and trees along the way. Each ride gives you a different perspective of the valley. It was a wonderful week of riding, eating and birding. Accommodations are rustic but comfortable.

Your age range 65+
GeeVall
San Francisco, California
“Rancho Pitaya, The People, The Animals and The Rides -- A wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I booked a week long riding stay at the ranch and I have gotten so much out of it. It is not just the riding lessons, which were amazingly helpful and far exceeded my exceptions. I did not know how to ride when I arrived there and by the time I left, I was able to post for a trot and was comfortable through some technical, hilly rides. Credit to Mary Jane and Farina. They are amazing teachers! The horses were all amazingly friendly and sweet. The three dogs were great companions on the rides and I learned how to relax and snooze watching Sasha take naps in the sun :-) I must also add a word about Jina's wonderful cooking! Everything she made was fresh, delicious and healthy! And the Mole sauce she made was the best I ever had. And she always has a smile on her face! Everyone on the ranch has a kind heart and that says a lot about the kind of place they run. I hope you choose to stay at Rancho Pitaya! You will have a great time!

P.S: If you are a birder, you are in luck. There is a wide variety of birds that visit the ranch, surrounding farm fields. Make sure to explore areas around the ranch!

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
9 Jan 2017
Thank you for choosing to spend the holidays at Rancho Pitaya, thank you for being such good company on the trails and thank you for taking the time to share your insights with other travellers. I found another birding hotspot 15 km. south of the ranch, so now you must return!
Idaho, USA
Reviewed 24 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
California, U.S.A.
Reviewed 20 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Management Response
20 Jun 2013
Dear K
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. When you come back next time we look forward to doing more rides, exploring farther afield, with you!
Mary Jane, Bobby and everyone at Rancho Pitaya
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing