All reviews cooking class with chef tongue would highly recommend staying here beautiful courtyard taco mole spent five nights an oasis front desk personnel perfect hotel where breakfast is served felt like home historic district ruiz casa pomegranate market
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I went for New Year’s Eve celebration and OMG is one of the best meals I had in my entire life! The service was perfect! The music not to loud and the food were to die for! Please do not change anything, try it as it comes, and learn how a true chef can express him/her self-trough out the plate. The setting was gorgeous although a lit bit chilly, so bring a jacket. Perfect meal for the last day of the year… almost all couples, no kinds. We dance, drink and have a great night! Big applause to all the people that make that night perfect!!

Date of stay: January 2018
2  Thank Pau M
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in many lovely hotels, but a handful stand out as special—not because of luxury but because every single detail is just right. Casa Oaxaca is such a hotel. Simple elegance. A friendly, attentive staff who goes beyond their duties. An ideal location. A killer breakfast. A pool. And great bartenders. We hated to leave this truly ideal hotel. With just seven rooms, guests are treated with tender care. Can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Mexican hospitality at it's very finest. Quiet Private beautiful and a unique attention to detail. The staff were wonderful. The food was wonderful as were the drinks. We will return. Room 6 is exquisite.

Room tip: Room 6 was wonderful
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

This is a beautiful small hotel. We first saw it many years ago and were so taken by it that I said if I get back to Oaxaca, this is where I want to stay. They have added some rooms and updated of course, but it's peaceful and there is still artwork on the walls. I am glad we were able to finally stay. We had a very spacious room off the courtyard. There's a bit of sound that comes from the courtyard area, to be expected really. It was not a problem during our stay. I do wish the bedsheets were softer however. Location is perfect and the staff is wonderful. Front desk personnel were especially helpful!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Gailm
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Can't say enough about this place - classy, beautiful, quiet, and the staff is very thoughtful. (For example, if you are sitting by the pool, someone will come out and ask if you would like anything to drink. You get the feeling, it is not really anyone's job to do this - each employee cares enough that if they notice you out there, they will informally come out.) Quiet, leafy courtyard, quaint little pool.

Fresh fruit in the room, big roomy hot shower, good wifi. Roof deck. Really enjoyed the atmosphere they create - feels calm, quiet and removed despite being one block from the Templo de Santo Domingo and the main strolling/shopping street. And the best complimentary breakfast that I have EVER had at a hotel. Several hot choices prepared fresh to order, for you, plus yogurt, granola, etc. We also had dinner here and it was excellent, one of the best, but that's the topic of a different review.

In short, these are people who care about their craft, and it really shows.

Date of stay: March 2018