“Amazing basque cuisine! Best Spanish/basque in town!”

El Puntal Del Norte
Reserve with OpenTable
El Puntal Del Norte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 5,767 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Description: Spanish restaurant in charge of the famous Chef Pablo San Román.
Description: Spanish restaurant in charge of the famous Chef Pablo San Román.
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I loved this place recommended by a Spanish friend from Santiago. I only had the rice with Bogavante, and it was wonderful, similar to the one I've tried in the top restaurants in Ibiza. I also tried the Roasted Suckling pig and it was delicious. Very recommended!

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Pablo San Román's supreme gastronomic experience with the best of DO, El Altamira's classics and much more.
Great food, service, atmosphere and parking

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I left Mexico City 11 years ago, so when I go back I try to first get my fix of Mexican food before trying anything else. I went to this place to celebrate one of my best friends' anniversary party. It happened in one of the private rooms they have. I really liked the decor of the place; even though it's a very modern building, the place feels warm and comfortable.
The food was simply spectacular. We had multiple servings of different plates (octopus, cod croquettes, serrano ham, cheeses, etc), and then a paella as a main course. The paella was supposed to be for 10 people, but in a table with 18, half of us managed to get a second serving. The paella was fantastic; properly balanced (without using super strong ingredients like chorizo that kill the seafood flavor), and the rice was perfectly "al dente".
Service was excellent; we got great wine suggestions, and we were continuously taken care of during the entire time. They even let us stay (and gave us a tour of the restaurant and some of the artwork) after they closed.
Prices are not cheap, but they're reasonable considering the quality of the ingredients, the fame of the head chef, and the location. Also, the exchange rate is pretty favorable for international visitors (as of Jan 2016).

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

The place is hard to find its in the back of a building you don't see it from the street
The food is good but not extraordinary instead of basque cuisine that is supposed to be big portions. You get small ones.
The prices are high for what you get for example 90g of Jabubo $740 pesos
The bad part was that they have a party on the terrace with mariachis
Instead of being in a nice restaurant it was lake a town party's really loud
And the main dining room was empty it was strange as it was a Friday maybe because is new or maybe because Is hard to find I will try again in an other day

El Puntal d, Manager at El Puntal Del Norte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope you come back another time. Best regards!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I was there earlier this year , and had the marmitako (basque stew with tuna,potatoes), it was delicious. Tried the steak and the meat melted in my mouth,very tender and tasted delicious. The dessert,cheese pie,was different and refined .You can tell that there is a great amount of loving care behind all this cooking on top of excellent products!! The service was attentive. I will definately go back !!

1  Thank mirari2015