“a good French style bakery”

Panaderia Artesanal Da Silva
Ranked #10 of 43 Bakeries in Mexico City
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Description: First bakery shop of chef Eduardo Da Silva, first promoter of the artisan bakery in mexico City since 2000, offering european pastries. Da Silva is famous of using the best quality ingredients in all it's products.
Reviewed 3 September 2018

when i'm around "Polanquito" i always stop by to buy bread or croissants which are really of a great quality. unfortunately, not always the service is correlative to the quality of products. depends who's working the time you arrived...

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I came here because the reviews were good, but honestly I was disappointed. The macarons were edible but not very good and the concha was terribly dry. I was in the middle of my order when a regular walked in and the lady stopped to help her (and it was a big order) and check her out. I awkwardly waited until someone came back to help me, but in the confusion they forgot to put 2 cookies in the bag. If you are in the area stop by, but I would not recommend making a trek here.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

No tengo duda que el pan de este sitio es el mejor, al menos de la zona de Polanco. Recomiendo ampliamente el pan de trigo (foto), el de cereales y el llamado "payes" (foto), típicamente portugués. Los croissants son únicos.
///
There's no question in my mind that Da Silva has the best bread in Polanco. I highly recomend the wheat one (picture), cereals and "payés", % portuguese style. Their croissants are unique as well.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Their almond croissant is good, other things we bought not good.
The owners are Portuguese, and have traditional pastry's from their country

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I didn't go to Polanco, instead I made an early visit to its branch in Bolivar 18 in Downtown (Historic Center). It was more than what I expected, with the mix of the old city, great buildings and the decor of the place I could swear I was in some place in Europe, maybe Belgian quarter in Cologne or a small Coffee Shop in Paris.

I checked some pictures of breakfasts at this place beforehand and went with "Huevos de la Cazuela" which appealed to me the most, my breakfast was really good, well cooked and enough. My neighbours where having awesome plates too, so I do believe you can't go wrong with what you ask for here.

Of course I had some macarons to go, they didn't last long, they were delicious!! If anything the place needs a bit more show stopper from outside (I allmost pass it). Service was good, attentive, fast, well mannered, 10/10 for service. Décor was lovely, a bit industrial, enough light, good temperature room. Price is fitted for a high end pastry shop, so it's adequate.

I'll come back!! More likely with a family member, this place is good to talk to someone or even have an early date ;p .