Review Highlights
Literally the BEST tequila I’ve tasted!!!

Introduced at a zip line venue tasting experience.......that in & of itself was great for wife... read more

Reviewed 31 January 2021
hdparnell
Soquel, California
via mobile
Good Tequila and Informational Tour

Baston Del Ray is a fancy small place where they make good tequila - their anejo was one of my... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2020

from US$139.00
from US$74.81
from US$129.00
More Info
All reviews extra anejo don julio flavored tequilas tasting room aguacate love tequila ve tasted tasting experience bought bottles tequila distillery botanical gardens zip line reposado ancho factory jalisco pv
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Our tour guide offered to take us here, so we went. Nothing they have there appears to be actually in use, they are very enthusiastic in telling you how they make tequila there but there is no evidence that it is actually being made there or grown there!
There are however cages and cages full of fighting cocks, that they must fight or sell for fighting. There were lots of shady characters there too. Not a very pleasant place to visit and the Tequila is VERY expensive...much more than some of the very best I've seen...and they were suggesting we could use it to marinde food with it!
I've visited many distilleries and winery's around the world. This place is a sham!!!!!

Date of experience: September 2013
25  Thank travelnpants54
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We went from the hotel district on a city tour of Puerta Vallarta and this little distillery was one of our last stops.. OMG.. Now I'm back in Wisconsin, trying to figure out just HOW to try to buy more of this amazing tequila.. The hosts were fabulous, the grounds were family friendly, and we just had a BLAST learning about the whole manufacturing, growing, and bottling of this family owned distillery.. And I bought the reserve, cuz I KNOW I CANNOT find anything comparable.. Only wish I could order it online somehow to get MORE so I wasn't so selfish with who I can share it with.. :) THE BEST!!

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank theblonde65
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Pablo was an excellent host. Very good clear and precise explanation of the tequilla manufacturing process. The square bottle is worth the money and I want to buy more. I'm from Canada and having a bit of trouble contacting Baston Del Rey...worst comes to worse I'm just gonna have to make another trip down!!! Very good Tequila!!!!

Date of experience: December 2012
2  Thank derick n
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stopped here after visiting El Eden zip lines, the guide "Tony" did a great job describing the entire process of making tequila and the samples were amazing. We did buy 6 bottles because they had some awesome flavors including mandarin, almond, and chocolate/coffee flavored tequila, yum! Highly recommend!

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This place was Neat-O! We got a good history of the family’s tequila operation and a thorough explanation of how tequila is made. The tour guide we spoke with seemed to have his spiel memorized, and was very understandable, as well as knowledgeable. They have everything there you need to make tequila, including Blue Agave plants (young plants, not used for tequila), Green agave plants (for comparison), the big fire pit for roasting the agave “pineapples”, the crushing wheel thing to extract the agave juices after roasting, and distillers for removing the alcohol. I think there is a tour bus that will take you here from PV, but we rented an ATV for a couple days and just stumbled upon this place. I think that you have to pass this place to get to the Vallarta Adventures zipline place down the road a bit. Note: When we were driving a couple blocks away from this place on the ATV, a big German Shepard came out of nowhere and came after us barking and being mean. I was going to stop and say hi, but my girlfriend freaked out and thought he was going to bite us, so I drove away fast. If you see this dog, drive away quickly, I’m pretty sure he’ll try to take off your hand and/or foot.

Date of experience: February 2013