“Misleading service and a borderline scam”

Wild Treks Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wild Treks Adventures, provide ATV tours in Puerto Vallarta and Bahia de Banderas through the Sierra Madre mountains, rivers and jungle, offering tequila tasting, and authentic mexican food. We also have buggy and canopy tours.
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I booked a combo tour (zipline + racer car) through my hotel. At the beginning of our trip, we were offered by a photographer an opportunity to get all our pictures sent to us for 50 dollars. I was like geez that was expensive but my parents would like to get some pictures so I complied. However, it turned out that the Zipline was offered by a different company called Canopy River and their photographer could not take any pictures during the zipline. We ended up getting 20 pictures taken at about 3 subpar locations and that's it. I went straight to ask for a refund but their response was rude and kept on insisting "it's a different company" and "there's nothing we can do". They even told me that the photographing was done by a different company so it's none of their business, which may be true but for whatever reason, Wild Treks are definitely responsible for the photographing vendor they let in.

And the racer part, the part of our tour handled by this company, was very mediocre with not very impressive views. I got more dust than good memories. And we were promised about 5 hour of tour time, but we got 3 to 4 in reality.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND people who would like to do zipline and racer car to go with Canopy River, the place we did our zipline at. The staff were extremely nice and professional, never harassing for tips or paid photos.

Overall, this is the worst experience I have ever had with a tour company. This company is really a shame to the whole tourism industry in Puerto Vallarta.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"tortillas"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We participated in the razor atv tour. The tour and our tour guide were enjoyable aside from the one person in our tour group that thought kicking up rocks at those of us behind him as he accelerated was hilarious. Our razor had some issues with the seat belts being jammed which our guide remedied by using zip ties. Didn’t feel entirely safe, there were other vehicles that he probably could’ve switched us to with functional seatbelts. The lowlight of the tour was the pressure to buy the pictures, essentially it was just pictures of us driving by. I get that they are a business and are trying to make money, but the number of times I had to say no was rather annoying.

1  Thank Derek C
Reviewed 9 May 2018

This is a must. It is fun to go out on the motorcyles, around nature, take cool pics, and you visit the lovely Rancho Las Vegas. Bought some amazing, organic tequilas from here to bring back home. Service was great! the ranch is beautiful and they serve delicious food.

Wear a long sleeve shirt for this activity! We bought some they sold there so that was pretty cool and convenient.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

No better way to sped a day! Dan & Jean were the best, they made the day. Food was beyond anything in town. The only tequila we brought home was from there. True old Mexico. Expect a dusty ride there and back, it was all worth it. THANKS for a great 29th wedding anniversary.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

First and foremost I have mention the amazing tour guys that me and brother met,Eduardo Varela and Jean. They were professionals and also make us laugh during the entire experience.
We arrived to Rancho Las Vegas following Eduardo in this super narrow road filled with dust! They provide all the equipment and its a true adventure..
Following that, Eduardo and Jean prepared us to "fly" as they said. We went through 11 different lines, and it was Amazing!! After zip lining you get to relax, eat and taste their local tequila and liqueur. Must try the coffee liqueur so good!
It's definitely a trip for the whole family, after all who doesn't love a beautiful view from the mountains range?!..must do!
I also have to thank Mauricio that kindly brought the pictures to our hotel since we ran out of money to pay for them that day!
Last advice: buy the pictures, not expensive and very very good.. They follow you through out the day..

3  Thank Marina D