Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$675
US$289
Bookit.com
Hotel Casa Dona Susana(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$64
  • Pool
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$93
  • Pool
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$88
US$62
Hotel Rio Malecon Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$45
  • Pool
Las Palmas by the Sea(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$126
  • Pool
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$139
Official Hotel
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$730
US$536
Official Hotel
2,185 results
All reviewsmexican familieswater polorooms were very cleanactivities staffpool sidebeach accesshamburgerbuffet restaurantswim up barnightly entertainmenttacosgreat vacationspecial thankskids clubclaudiopoolsmexico
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Our daughters had stayed at this resort back in January 2018, they kept saying how amazing this place was and when we planned our vacation, we sure wanted to check it out. Every second at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach was amazing, great variety of food with really good taste, employees are extremely nice and helpful. Location was great, close to the bus stop and main road. Super safe and beautiful city. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a good time. Thank you Plaza Pelicanos and everyone there for helping us have such a fun time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank johnfduque
Reviewed 24 April 2018

My adult daughter an I just returned from a week at the Plaza Pelcanos Club Beach Resort. It was the best decision ever. We decided that we both needed a quiet, well situated place to get some rest and relaxation. Our needs were met in every way. A small authentic Mexican resort on the main road only 15 minutes by bus to old town Puerto Vallarta.. The hotel is affiliated to Grand Pelicanos and guests can share pools. We loved the snack-bar - enjoyed availability to the activities and the beach. However, our aim was to relax and that was exactly whay the Pelicanos Club offered. The swimming pool is slightly heated and very inviting; never too crowded with a swim up drinks bar and lovely music all day. There were always enough loungers and we were able to choose either shady or sunny areas to relax. The place is spotless and the servers are all friendly helpful and ready to serve. What a lovely place to refresh body and soul.
Thank you to management and staff. So many wonderful people, I dont want to mention any by name in case I omit some. We loved our room too. I only have one small disappointment -- NO avocado? Maybe it was not season but I wa really looking forward to guacamole - Overall a great place which I would recommend if you don't want the glitsy westernized showy hotels.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Barbi H
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The price was on the lower side, I will admit, but for what we got I would have expected the price to be lower. perhaps that was just due to the particular time that we booked.

Here are a few cons:
-Free wifi was only available in the lobby (had to pay extra for wifi access anywhere else on the resort)
-There were two specialty restaurants but you only got 1 meal ticket for every 4 days that you spent on the resort. So for a 4 day stay, you could only eat at 1 specialty restaurant. For a 5-8 day stay you got two meal tickets. Other wise, besides the specialty restaurant you could only eat at the buffet. The food in the specialty restaurants were okay. Not fantastic.
-sound proofing in the rooms were terrible. The people in hallway sounded like they were INSIDE our hotel room.
-There was very little signage anywhere on the resort so we found ourselves often confused as to how something worked (for example, how the meal ticket system worked.). There wasn't even a drink menu at one of the pools.
-many of the staff did not speak english. it seems this resort is catered towards locals who speak spanish.

Some things I liked about the resort:
-the food at the buffet was actually pretty good. and the service there was consistently good
-there were two pools to choose from, one of which backs on to beach front so you could choose pool or beach or enjoy lounging with an ocean view.
-pools were very clean
-Lobby and entranceway looked very modern and sleek
-The little coffee / bistro was nice and whenever open was always stocked with delicious pastries, coffee and tea.
-great location, just a short bus ride or taxi ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta and the Malecon boardwalk with shops and restaurants galore.

overall, the resort I think would be a great place to stay if I had paid less. Otherwise I think if you are english speaking, pay a bit more and go to a different resort.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank geryfung
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I would say the big bonus was the price and ability to use both the Beach Resort and the Grande Resort facilities. Staying in the Beach Resort building allowed quiet times and there was a nice garden with ground floor patio right outside our room close to the bar, restaurant and coffee shop. The Grande Beach side is where you assess the waterfront and where all the games and shows happen. Was lovely having an option to choose and enjoyed the ocean lounging, pool and bigger bar there several times. Rooms clean, service mostly good, good food options but no guacamole! Location was good, we like to walk so it was about 5km to the Madecon one way and about 5km to the docks the other way. We're not good at staying on resort so we did a whale watching day, snorkeling day to Jelapa, a hiking day up to the falls and went to Bucerias for a day (would recommend all!). Take the public transit! It's easy, cheap and can be fun sharing the locals lives. We got everywhere we needed to go by walking or public transit. Enjoy your stay! Tip: The lemon tarts come out around 4pm in the great coffee shop and they are delicious!

Room Tip: Moved to ground floor with patio. No ocean views on the Beach resort side but still pretty.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenGeterdone
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Resort: excellent beach and beach pool. Never had a problem finding a chair. Wish the bar was open later. Never spent time in the pool in the middle of the hotel. It's a bit of a walk to the beach but not a big deal at all. Overall the decor of the resort (including the rooms) was simple, well-designed and tasteful.

Room: Room temperature always perfect. AC fan was always blowing and was loud. There seemed no way to turn this down as it was on the lowest setting. It didn't bother me that much though. Always had hot water though sometimes it would get really hot or cold for a few seconds. Rooms were cleaned every single day. Even if you stayed in your room all day and then left briefly for food, it was clean when you got back.

Food: the buffet was open most of the time. The food was ok. There were usually fresh fruit and veggies available. Breakfast in the morning was the best as they have someone making omelets and these are really good. I really wish they had ketchup readily available. Usually you have to ask for it. I went to both the Asian and the Italian restaurants (you need resos for these) and the food was several steps up from the buffet food - highly recommend checking these out. I ate a pizza once pool-side and it gave me food poisoning. Also it was pretty bland.

People: Most people staying at the resort were Mexican families. The rest were Canadian/American couples. As a person travelling solo, it could be a bit lonely. The staff were nice though.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo