We had a magical experience at Casa Septiembre. What an amazing place. This was the celebration of my 50th birthday and we brought friends and family (14 people) to spend the week with us. From the moment we arrived we were utterly relaxed and pampered. We loved the traditional style of the home with beautiful colors and interesting art and furnishings. The beds were extremely comfortable and the availability of a/c at night was perfect. The staff couldn’t have been nicer and more helpful. From Gustavo to Angel to George, they made us feel welcome and at home. The meals were perfectly prepared, fresh and tasty. We were able to enjoy the beach in the morning, the pool in the afternoon and dinners overlooking the ocean at night. Appreciated the umbrellas for the beach, the snorkel gear and the stand-up paddleboard. Our entire group that ranged in age from 10 to 75 had a wonderful time. Pictures do not do the place justice. I couldn’t recommend the home more highly.
The house is in a beautiful setting, the staff was wonderful, however, there are some key cons that should be known before booking:
- Most of the rooms smell moldy. They don't have cross-flow air ventilation (the rooms are open on one side only). The bathrooms are especially bad. They put plug-in air fresheners in all the bathrooms but all that does is provide a perfumed mold smell.
- The beds are awful. Not comfortable at all. They put 2 inch foam toppings on old, creaky mattresses. These definitely need to be upgraded. For the price paid, beds should be newer.
- On one side of the house there is some sort of pump that makes noise all night long, switching on and off. This affects at least two of the rooms.
- On the other side of the house, there are monkeys (yes, real pet monkeys in a cage) that wake up early and start squawking.
- The pool area has an exhaust room right next to the bathroom and part of the lounge area. These fumes are not ventilated.
- Super friendly, helpful staff
- Beautiful location with direct beach access
- House is unique with nice vegetation
- Close to downtown PV.
Although the vacation was still nice, I couldn't wait to be home in my own bed. I would not stay here again. We have stayed at nicer villas in PV for a lower cost (not on the beach though).
A group of twelve of us rented Casa Septiembre in Dec and had one of the best vacations of our lives. We are all very experienced travelers and been to many places. This was the best house/villa we have ever stayed in. From the location (best beach in PV), views, architecture, interior design, huge pool, service and food! It was incredible. Far enough away to be out of the craziness of town, yet close enough to go shopping, dinner or nightlife.It is an easy walk into town (15 minutes on the beach) or a $3 cab ride.
Can't wait to go back!