“Superb dinner on a Spring evening”
Review of Le Grand Jardin

Le Grand Jardin
Price range: US$21 - US$52
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After spending a weekday afternoon exploring the Abbey and Reculee (to see the waterfall), we were hungry. The restaurant opened at 7pm and, though we had no reservation, a table was found. However, on weekends, holidays and in the summer, travellers with no reservation might not be lucky. The menu was short but varied - at least one meat, one fish and one vegetarian dish were available, plus interesting starters and desserts.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Don't miss this lovely restaurant. We didn't book and had to sit outside but well worth it. A nice glass of McVin to start while you look at the menu. The local sausage dish is superb in a beautiful sauce with potatoes. The fish of the day was Monkfish served with a saffron risotto.....fabulous. Setting is in a gorgeous village in a deep valley.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

A Sunday evening meal was one of the highlights of a long weekend spent in Baume Les Messieurs. A seat seat outside on a pleasant evening with excellent food is difficult to pass up. I have to say I am not a big fan of the Jura wines but the combination of the food, wine and service was excellent. I had fois gras, chicken and a wicked vodka ice cream. Not the sort of evening I was expecting in this small isolated village so it was a very pleasant surprise. I have to say though that it was not cheap.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

When I booked the trip to Baume les Messieurs I thought it is going to be a trip "in the middle of nowhere " without traces of civilisation . However, I had dinner in Le Grand Jardin and I was amazingly surprised: French cuisine as it's best! So words are useless in this case: just pass by and enjoy!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

The meal had very delicate tastes. The service was nice. The cafe gourmand was excellent . The atmosphere is rural but you still feel the france style..