“Best Fish and Chips around”
Review of The Village Plaice

The Village Plaice
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Benson
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I often visit The Village Plaice and have never been disappointed. Very good value for money and very fresh fish. I am a Northerner and love my fish so I reckon I take a lot of satisfying. We eat in and the service is good and staff very friendly. Batter is cooked perfectly for me and they do a good builders tea.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

But don't go very often as portions are huge and too much for me to eat. Not expensive but would prefer if thes fish and chip shops would allow customers to buy two fish with one portion of chips as so much is wasted.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The food here is no different from any local chippy so quite surprised that it is the most expensive fish and chip shop we've ever been to.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Had great fish and chips in here . Very fresh and the batter was cooked perfect . Will definitely come back again as it is far better then the local chippy

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Called last night for a take away supper for one quite busy. Ordered haddock small chips and peas. Usually they are good but last night the haddock was overcooked and the chips were not hot but were small and soggy. Shows that even good places can let there standards drop.

Jose D, Owner at The Village Plaice, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

I'm sorry to hear that, yes yesterday was quite busy but we always like to stay on top of things as you said we are usually good and pride ourselves on our high quality of food, but there is sometimes human error and we need to be made know of these things so that we can always stay on top of our high standards. Please call into the store so we can offer you the same meal at no cost.

Kind regards