1,225 results
All reviews west lodge walk in wardrobe beautiful grounds mary beale restaurant lovely hotel luxury room cockfosters tube station relaxing stay wedding reception bed and breakfast lovely room main building member of staff executive room full english breakfast cooked breakfast tea and coffee
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights to attend an all day wedding close by. The first evening we arrived quite late following a dreadful journey so the quick check in was welcome.
The bedroom we were allocated in the main building was comfortable and quite spacious. The bed was comfortable and there was adequate storage for the length of our stay.
The bathroom was functional and roomy. In the standard rooms there are no little luxuries such as bathrobes and the toiletries could be a bit nicer - for instance, I prefer separate shampoo and conditioner but perhaps I’m being a bit picky.
We had time for a couple of drinks in the bar on the first evening and were given a warm welcome there.
We missed breakfast the first morning but had time the following morning. The breakfast room was light and quite airy albeit guests appeared to get seated a bit on top of each other rather than being more spread out but I assume it was done to make the buffet as handy as possible.
Hot breakfast choices are kept under lights which means the food isn’t always as warm as it might be if it were to be cooked to order. Unfortunately our biggest bugbear was the toast! One of the staff was manning the toaster or said he was. He then disappeared somewhere only for another of the guests to swoop in and nick our toast!! So I spent time toasting as my food left on the table got a little bit cooler!! Anyway, minor point but recommend you be in charge of your own toast if possible!!
The grounds are extensive and well laid out and maintained. We didn’t get chance to have a really good look around but I think you could spend a couple of hours having a leisurely stroll if the weather is good.
Putting aside minor breakfast niggles, West Lodge Park Hotel is well worth considering if you are in the area. We didn’t upgrade but friends who were upgraded said the lodges were lovely - might be worthwhile for a special occasion.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at West Lodge Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thank you for your review of West Lodge Park, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel,

Sorry about toast at breakfast, General Manager Chris Hall and Deputy Manager Graeme Hammond will have this under control in future.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again in the future, hopefully with speedy toast, and no traffic on the way to here !

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to stay here with 5 colleagues last week and had a “room” in one of the lodges.
They staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel was clean and had a nice old feeling without being tired.
The “rooms” were excellent. A large bathroom with separate shower, a walk in wardrobe area with complimentary goodies in a small fridge and a large room with nice views of the grounds.
I have never before fallen asleep before midnight and had to be woken by my alarm. This was the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel.
If I’m being picky, the breakfast was nice although my friend had the black pudding and felt it was over cooked. I had porridge and it was delicious.
The one downside was that the previous evening my party left the bar early as there was a drunk customer who was a little bit intimidating and was a bit of a handful for the staff. You could see they were doing their best and treading on eggshells but they did continue to serve him when perhaps he’d had enough.
Could he have been dealt with differently? Probably not without causing a bit of a scene and maybe making him aggressive but you can get awkward customers anywhere so this is not a criticism as the staff were superb.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review of West Lodge Park, and for your lovely comment that it is the best hotel that you have stayed in.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Dealing with drunk guests is an occupational hazard of hotel keeping, and there is never an easy or simple solution. If everyone behaved properly, it would be much better for our hard working staff. I find it all a bit pathetic, the poor behaviour of adults sometimes.

Do come again, and thank you again for your lovely comments.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend had a wonderful time at Westlodge Park Hotel last weekend. We booked the champagne Afternoon tea and really enjoyed it.

The sandwhiches, scones and cakes were all delicious and fresh. Scones were still warm which is very rare! (Nothing beats a warm scone!) The two members of staff looking afer us - Andrew and Mathew were so friendly and couldn't have done more for us! Tea was refilled without us even having to ask and poured whenever our cups were looking low! We didn't have to lift a finger - Thank you to you both for making it such a lovely day.

Not only was our tea and the service we received 5* but the hotel itself and grounds are beautiful. Luckily we had a lovely day and was able to have a stroll through the hotel Arboretum which looks so pretty with all the autum colour leaves at the moment!

Will definitely be returning!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review following afternoon tea in the hotel.

I am so pleased the scones were warm, and that you received such good service from Andrew and Matthew.

And I am delighted that you spent time in the Beale Arboretum which, as you say, is looking spectacular at the moment.

Do come again soon !

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the West Lodge Park Hotel as we were attending a gig at Alexandra Palace. £16 each way taxi .

All of the restaurant/bar/door and cleaning staff helpful, smiley and accommodating.

Reception lady at check- in failed to smile or give eye contact.

Room was clean. But rather warm. Chocolate on pillows - nice touch. Bath was not full size.

We ate in the bar and had linguine and a burger. Both meals were delicious. Service speedy.

Breakfast was plentiful and food was freshly cooked.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at West Lodge Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for your comments following your stay at West Lodge Park,

I am pleased that the majority of the team were helpful and smiley.

I also apologise for the behaviour of one receptionist who I can assure you has been released from our employment.

Do come again next time you are visiting Ally Pally or anywhere else in London, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2018

With family scattered abroad the opportunity for a get together is rare and so the venue for a big party is very important. The grounds and the private room made the evening memorable The food was outstanding.

Stayed: August 2018
Andrew B, Owner at West Lodge Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of West Lodge Park,

Nothing makes me happier than to hear stories like yours of families scattered and then reunited at this lovely hotel,

We have been open every day since March 1945, and several generations of many families have held all their important life events with us.

Do come again for the next celebration in your family, and thank you once again for your joyful review.