“Perfect base for walking in the Peaks”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 55 reviews

Reviews from our community

CSD1371
“Perfect base for walking in the Peaks”
Reviewed 3 November 2020 for a stay in September 2020

this is our 3rd visit to Honeysuckle cottage and we'll be booking again. Its a perfect spot for exploring the peaks, with plenty of facilities in Whaley Bridge too. Very dog friendly and comfortable

Date of stay: September 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2020 for a stay in September 2020

Date of stay: September 2020
VickiW979
Retford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 31 August 2020 for a stay in August 2020
person found this review helpful

We had 3 nights at Honeysuckle Cottage Whaley Bridge. They assured me that the cottage would be deep cleaned before our arrival. I don't believe it had even been cleaned yet alone deep cleaned. I didn't expect a high level of luxury at that price but I did expect clean and comfortable.

Black mould in the bathroom
Broken plug
Dirty mirror
Dirty bath
No shower mat in slippy bath
Towels too small to use to get dry
Horrible smell in kitchen
Mould growing on meat dish
Mould growing in kitchen cupboards
Draw under oven filthy
Hob ring broken so pan doesn't stand on it
Filthy floor
Cobwebs
Food under the coffee table runner
Picture missing in bedroom just a nail sticking out
A used plaster on bedroom floor
Broken front door knob
Dirty patio
Dead plants and weeds in the garden and pots

I could go on the list is long. I did contact the owner but they have never replied so I thought I should post a review. Needless to say we won't be back.

Date of stay: August 2020
Emmeline1...
Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely period cosy cottage”
Reviewed 3 August 2019 for a stay in July 2019

We have stayed here twice. The last being time being February I thought I would write a review after the last 2 petty reviews obviously by the same people and show some support for residents and business owners due to the possible collapse of the dam in Whaley Bridge. We have always found the cottage clean and cosy. The living room is not overlooked on the first floor and the log burner is a lovely touch. The kitchen is used for eating your breakfast in blinds therefore are therefore not essential for this activity as it's very private. Erm not sure about anyone else but I really don't look out for black out blinds on my holiday cottage list. Certainly dont use the terminology of ' not being actioned' maybe 'blue sky thinking' when I'm in holiday mode Ha Ha. I also don't while away the hours looking through the visitors book to nit pick about comments 3 years ago. The bedroom is on the third floor and adds to the cosy feel of the cottage. This cottage is well positioned in Whaley Bridge there is a lovely patisserie , fish and chip shop and wine shop literally steps away. The town is well served with takeaways and restaurants.

Date of stay: July 2019
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sarah S
Leek, United Kingdom
“Nice Stay but needs some TLC”
Reviewed 4 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

On entering the property we were welcomed with a bottle of wine and chocolates but we were also greeted by a very unpleasant smell in the kitchen.we noticed quite a few areas that needed attention ie general decor and grouting in the bathroom,previous guests have made suggestions for improvement ie blind in the kitchen blackout blind in bedroom and a hairdryer and haven’t been actioned,Kitchen was not as clean as it should be and the fire hadn’t been cleaned at all,cleanliness is important.Cottage is well positioned.

Date of stay: June 2019
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.